PDA

View Full Version : I feel like im stalling...

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 5th, 2018, 10:01 PM
I have never really had defined moments of "stalling" in my growth, but I think I am going through one now.
The growth has slowed since December of last year. I have been hovering at waist.
Im a part of the no trims challenge and I feel like I have hardly gained any length in the last 3-4 months.
Maybe its because of my curl pattern but... does it look like I am at a stall?
DEC 2017
https://s18.postimg.org/4fidcuw15/Dec_30.png

This month:
https://s18.postimg.org/78bkwpgw9/april_2018.png

I mean. I can see like a 2" difference but its all in the V shape of my hemline.
I think I might go back to micro trimming every month again, but I am trying to convince myself not to.
I dont know.

Additonal photo because some of you have stated the angle is different and I’m wearing a shirt so. Ok.
https://s18.postimg.org/nuvy1fihl/CE18_D2_F5-_B570-4_B46-9_ADC-4144_CDB456_F8.png

*Wednesday*
April 5th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Your hair looks great and longer since you posted pics in the summertime.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 5th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Your hair looks great and longer since you posted pics in the summertime.

well yes. but that was awhile ago.
SUMMER 2017 (JUNE)
https://s18.postimg.org/k3jkjd8zd/june_2_2017.jpg

But now its winter. So I am trying to figure out if I am going through a stall, right now.

*Wednesday*
April 5th, 2018, 10:15 PM
If you put the picture from this month next to the picture from the summer, you could see the growth. A lot. That's why I take a picture yearly for my own personal reasons. My hair does not grow very fast. I usually see a difference from year to year. So it's not that your hair stalled maybe your hair might just be growing a little slower over the past few months. Creeping so to speak but it's getting longer.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 5th, 2018, 10:16 PM
It looks like it is getting longer to me :)

Beckstar
April 5th, 2018, 10:28 PM
You've definitely had noticeable growth.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 6th, 2018, 12:10 AM
If you put the picture from this month next to the picture from the summer, you could see the growth. A lot. That's why I take a picture yearly for my own personal reasons. My hair does not grow very fast. I usually see a difference from year to year. So it's not that your hair stalled maybe your hair might just be growing a little slower over the past few months. Creeping so to speak but it's getting longer.

Yes, i feel i am going through that usual winter stall/ winter slow growth.
its been non stop winter since december. I hope my growth speeds back up again...

embee
April 6th, 2018, 05:19 AM
I think most of us have thought, "Oh no! My hair is not growing!" Benign neglect often seems to be the answer - quit looking at it and checking the length. I think your hair looks longer in the later pictures.

Stray_mind
April 6th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Your hair Did grow. It is slower, but it's progressing. I don't think you can call it a stall if your hair is growing. It's just slower than usual. It will speed up again.

chomsky
April 6th, 2018, 06:12 AM
I'm going to say it's because of your curl pattern. I only ever see visible growth when I straighten my hair to trim it twice a year. Other than that I never see an ounce of growth. I feel your pain.

So I wouldn't say you're in a stall, since you've had good growth since December, that I can see, just that your waves ate it.

Curls and waves are evil when you want to grow your hair lol. I've given up looking at my hair curly to see if it's grown.

OhSuzi
April 6th, 2018, 06:21 AM
as per chomsky, curls ate some of your hair length! plus what I find when looking at curlies growth progress and your pics are no exception is even if you don't notice major fast leaps and bounds in length - the pics do show the hair getting thicker/fuller - then eventually longer, then thicker again!

lapushka
April 6th, 2018, 06:30 AM
You were barely waist december '17 and it's grown about an inch (unstretched) past. It's been like not even 4 months, so I say that's right on track. Don't worry about it.

Hair grows painstakingly slow! It really does. But hang in there. Just 2 more months. :)

Margarita
April 6th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Your hair is absolutely longer in the second picture. Wavy/curly hair are difficult to notice growth, this is happening to me. Dont worry at all, you have very beautiful hair.

nycelle
April 6th, 2018, 07:05 AM
It looks like it's grown to me.

draysmir
April 6th, 2018, 07:58 AM
I have never really had defined moments of "stalling" in my growth, but I think I am going through one now.
The growth has slowed since December of last year. I have been hovering at waist.
Im a part of the no trims challenge and I feel like I have hardly gained any length in the last 3-4 months.
Maybe its because of my curl pattern but... does it look like I am at a stall?
DEC 2017
https://s18.postimg.org/4fidcuw15/Dec_30.png

This month:
https://s18.postimg.org/78bkwpgw9/april_2018.png

I mean. I can see like a 2" difference but its all in the V shape of my hemline.
I think I might go back to micro trimming every month again, but I am trying to convince myself not to.
I dont know.

I don't think you're stalling at all, but your waves might be eating up more length than you think. In the first picture, you only had the tip of your V at waist length unstretched, but in the second picture you also have the majority of your sides at waist length as well, meaning that the sides of your hemline have grown an inch or two at least. :) The tip of your V now looks solidly past waist. Maybe you will be able to see more growth by taking a picture without a shirt like the first picture, so it is easier to compare where your waist starts. In the second picture it looks like you are either looking a bit sideways, or the way your hair layed on the shirt looks a bit on an angle, so maybe that also effects how long your hair looks in that picture too.

Personally, I think you should continue with the no trim challenge until it is done before making a final judgement on the growth of your hair. I think you will see more progress by then! :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 6th, 2018, 01:05 PM
I don't think you're stalling at all, but your waves might be eating up more length than you think. In the first picture, you only had the tip of your V at waist length unstretched, but in the second picture you also have the majority of your sides at waist length as well, meaning that the sides of your hemline have grown an inch or two at least. :) The tip of your V now looks solidly past waist. Maybe you will be able to see more growth by taking a picture without a shirt like the first picture, so it is easier to compare where your waist starts. In the second picture it looks like you are either looking a bit sideways, or the way your hair layed on the shirt looks a bit on an angle, so maybe that also effects how long your hair looks in that picture too.

Personally, I think you should continue with the no trim challenge until it is done before making a final judgement on the growth of your hair. I think you will see more progress by then! :)

Definitely. I’m trying to hold out as long as I can!

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 6th, 2018, 01:08 PM
I'm going to say it's because of your curl pattern. I only ever see visible growth when I straighten my hair to trim it twice a year. Other than that I never see an ounce of growth. I feel your pain.

So I wouldn't say you're in a stall, since you've had good growth since December, that I can see, just that your waves ate it.

Curls and waves are evil when you want to grow your hair lol. I've given up looking at my hair curly to see if it's grown.
UGH! I felt that might be it.
My curl pattern has gotten stronger the “healthier” my hair gets.
Maybe that’s why over time it just doesn’t feel like I’ve grown ah all.
Max the other day said “your hair is getting curlier” and I was like
“Yeah? But does it look like it’s grown at all?” And he said it didn’t look like it, or that he couldn’t really tell.

I’m just hopeful by July there will be some sort of difference.

Dark40
April 6th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I agree with the others. You do look like you have a lot of new growth since your last photos. :) I know the feeling. For me, it also feels like I'm going through stalling too! Because, I made it to waist length September of last year, and I've also be hovering at that length since then too. I haven't seen much growth since then either, and I'm also on the, "No Trimming Challenge," as well. Last year I only trimmed 1cm off. Well, hopefully, this spring and summer my hair will start back to growing a lot faster then.

spidermom
April 6th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Your curl pattern allows for a lot of fairy taling, so really - no need to trim if the ends are not damaged. Of course do what you prefer, just thought you ought to know.

Xan
April 6th, 2018, 10:16 PM
I think your getting longer I feel the same at 45" feel like I'm stuck as well just ordered the hair vitamins fingers crossed.:)

longmane
April 6th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Comparing your hair from june and this month, it grew noticeable length. Don't worry it's growing, I think it's the curls that make it seem like it's growing slow.

pili
April 6th, 2018, 10:32 PM
It definitely looks longer. I also think its the stronger curl pattern messing with the length too. Waves and curls eat up length.

spidermom
April 7th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Winter slows hair growth to a crawl for me. The last time I kept growth records, my hair grew an entire 3/4 of an inch over the entire 3 months of winter. By contrast, it grew 2 inches in 3 months over the summer, also over the fall.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 7th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Winter slows hair growth to a crawl for me. The last time I kept growth records, my hair grew an entire 3/4 of an inch over the entire 3 months of winter. By contrast, it grew 2 inches in 3 months over the summer, also over the fall.

Unfortunately I dont regularly measure, so when I measured the last 2 months, I was around 28". The last time I measured, around summer, I was about 24-25" ish.
I should start so I can see if I do have some sort of slower growth in winter. Because I think thats a part of it. That and my curl pattern.

chiapommama
April 7th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Looks good to me. You've had some nice growth. Pretty hair.

Dark40
April 7th, 2018, 04:48 PM
You know as they all say, "Hair does grow a lot slower in the fall and winter months," and "Hair grows faster during the spring and summer months." So, I figured that my hair will start back to growing this spring season and the summer season.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 7th, 2018, 11:38 PM
You know as they all say, "Hair does grow a lot slower in the fall and winter months," and "Hair grows faster during the spring and summer months." So, I figured that my hair will start back to growing this spring season and the summer season.
I’m curious as to what the validity of that is.
Right now it’s supposed to be spring and it’s still pouring rain and freezing out.
Winter is lingering.

MidnightMoon
April 7th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Right now it’s supposed to be spring and it’s still pouring rain and freezing out.
Winter is lingering.

I'm not sure my body knows whether it's winter or summer, also, anyways...
Maybe for people who spend a ton of time outside, exercise more in summer, eat differently, etc., while in winter they get less food, vitamins in general, light, and so on.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 7th, 2018, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure my body knows whether it's winter or summer, also, anyways...
Maybe for people who spend a ton of time outside, exercise more in summer, eat differently, etc., while in winter they get less food, vitamins in general, light, and so on.
I live in the PNW so there’s.. no sun lol

Stray_mind
April 8th, 2018, 03:26 AM

It's not true for me. My hair seems to grow at the same pace regardless of the season and it grew pretty fast in winter months.

ravenskey
April 8th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Your hair definitely looks like it's grown.

Also it's lovely.

Beeboo123
April 8th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Your hair looks like it grew an inch. Your curl pattern looks quite consistent in both photos, but your hair is lying differently in the second photo, and the photo was taken from an angle, and your head looks tilted back a little, so it’s hard to tell. But it looks like there is some growth. Your fairytale ends are pretty long for your length (not that it’s a bad thing, it looks very soft and ethereal), and from what I remember, you were microtrimming last year. Are you approaching terminal soon? Could that be why it’s not appearing to grow much? What is the longest that your hair has been?

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 8th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Your hair looks like it grew an inch. Your curl pattern looks quite consistent in both photos, but your hair is lying differently in the second photo, and the photo was taken from an angle, and your head looks tilted back a little, so it’s hard to tell. But it looks like there is some growth. Your fairytale ends are pretty long for your length (not that it’s a bad thing, it looks very soft and ethereal), and from what I remember, you were microtrimming last year. Are you approaching terminal soon? Could that be why it’s not appearing to grow much? What is the longest that your hair has been?

This is the longest my hair has ever been.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 8th, 2018, 01:58 PM

I mean I think it looks the same just now my waves are killed.
https://s18.postimg.org/nuvy1fihl/CE18_D2_F5-_B570-4_B46-9_ADC-4144_CDB456_F8.png

MusicalSpoons
April 8th, 2018, 02:45 PM

If anything those longest hairs are looking more like hip than waist to me :D Obviously I don't know when you call your markers - I know it's not universal, especially for wavies - or where you personally define 'hip', but those longest hairs are definitely at least on their way regardless!

I agree with other posters as well that in the pics you posted at the beginning of the thread, your hemline looks much fuller in the most recent photo, as well as there being some visual length gained too (although I completely understand the feeling of no growth, and it can require a very objective length comparison to reassure oneself) :)

Beeboo123
April 8th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Oh it definitely looks much longer here! I take back what I said, definitely no stall at all! Like MusicalSpoons said, you’re well on your way to hip

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 9th, 2018, 02:05 AM
If anything those longest hairs are looking more like hip than waist to me :D Obviously I don't know when you call your markers - I know it's not universal, especially for wavies - or where you personally define 'hip', but those longest hairs are definitely at least on their way regardless!

I agree with other posters as well that in the pics you posted at the beginning of the thread, your hemline looks much fuller in the most recent photo, as well as there being some visual length gained too (although I completely understand the feeling of no growth, and it can require a very objective length comparison to reassure oneself) :)

I am definitely hip stretched but I really want my hair to look that long wavy/curly.
I’m also waiting for the length to be visual from the front too.

draysmir
April 10th, 2018, 01:44 PM

It looks like you got a couple inches of growth, so you're definitely not stalling :) I agree that your ends are looking closer to hip, the majority of your hemline has caught up and looks solidly at or past waist length, whereas just your ends were brushing waist length in December.

Dark40
April 10th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Winter is lingering.

Me too, also curious as to what the validity of that is.
Yes, right now it is suppose to be spring and it's still pouring rain and freezing out.
It's because, during the winter months we had warm weather. But soon we will get the spring coming in again.

lucid
April 10th, 2018, 04:47 PM
I don't think it looks like you're stalling. Bsl to hip took what seemed like fooooorever to me. I think it's just an awkward stage.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 10th, 2018, 05:29 PM

Mine grows at the same speed, winter or summer. I haven't heard of that saying.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
I don't think it looks like you're stalling. Bsl to hip took what seemed like fooooorever to me. I think it's just an awkward stage.

Its very very awkward! Especially since it doesnt feel like as long as it gets, the hair doesnt look much longer.

Dark40
April 12th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Mine grows at the same speed, winter or summer. I haven't heard of that saying.

I guess some people's growth speed is different all year round. But I've learned that about my hair that during the fall and winter months the growth pattern slows down, and during the spring and summer months it picks right back up again. I've read this in old beauty magazines.

Glitch
April 12th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I guess some people's growth speed is different all year round. But I've learned that about my hair that during the fall and winter months the growth pattern slows down, and during the spring and summer months it picks right back up again. I've read this in old beauty magazines.

I personally think it has something do with drastic weather changes and all that comes with that. In the summertime, I love being outside in the sun (we never get any in the winter) and am tons more active in general. I'm sure that contributes to a scalp with lots of good blood flow :D

Oh and to the OP: I'm sure it's just your wave pattern "eating up" some of that length. It almost always happens to me.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 12th, 2018, 06:07 PM

What about for people like me that live somewhere without seasons??
It’s really just “winter” all year here in the PNW.