PDA

View Full Version : Natural help for female pattern baldness

dropinthebucket
April 5th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Hi All, has anyone tried any of the supposed aids for female pattern baldness? I'm beginning to get bald patches at the temples, and they're getting bigger every year as I get older. I don't necessarily want to rush out and get Monoxidil. But do any of the natural aids actually work? What have you tried and what success have you had with it? Thanks for sharing!! :)

lapushka
April 5th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Years ago, during puberty, well at the very start of it, I started to lose a lot of hair suddenly and had a couple bald patches too. It was hormonal and the doctor said nothing could be done; to wait until my hormones balanced out. And 2 years later I had my hair back again. My mom of course got me some hair, skin & nails vitamins (Pilfood) and some lotion (Bioscalin), to sooth the heartache most of all. But I doubt these things physically really helped.

I also doubt that there are natural "remedies", or they would be so known that people wouldn't use things like Minoxidil & Rogaine or the like.

You could try Jamaican black castor oil, but... I really doubt the results.

NightSister
April 5th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Reyesuela has a really science-heavy thread in her siggy regarding female pattern baldness. A few pages in she discusses alternatives to Monoxidil that may be just as effective. Peppermint EO and melatonin drops, for example. I can't remember off the top of my head but I suggesting checking it out!

I agree with lapushka - castor made my hair fall out, even when extensively cut with a carrrier oil.

Wendyp
April 5th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I think that you have to address hormonal issue, isn’t it too much testosterone or alderosterone? Reyesula can correct on this but I am on a testosterone blocker as I have pcos.

dropinthebucket
April 5th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Just read through Reyesuela's thread - wow! fabulous info. Thank you for recommending! I'll def try some of these and report back, too. :)

Wendyp
April 5th, 2018, 04:26 PM
I found this too, I’m prescribed saw palmetto.

https://www.healthline.com/health/saw-palmetto-hair-loss#saw-palmetto

NightSister
April 6th, 2018, 10:31 AM
dropinthebucketAwesome! I'm sure many of us are eager to hear of a successful natural treatment :)