PDA

View Full Version : Who's looking into supplements?

Xan
March 28th, 2018, 11:11 PM
What are you guys recommending? Looking for thickness and length but who isn't lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks.;)

Natashap
March 29th, 2018, 02:48 AM
Just try to eat a Ok diet,less junk food.

I don't beleive in supplements but try to take biotin if rember .

lapushka
March 29th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Just any cheap, nail/hair vitamin will do. Or take a good multivitamin and call it a day, with 100% max. of the recommended dosage. Those in itself can be hard to find, because some brands (like Supradyn here in BE) tend to "think" we need 300% of some things (and I don't like that).

hennalove
March 29th, 2018, 07:42 AM
What are you guys recommending? Looking for thickness and length but who isn't lol. Any help would be appreciated thanks.;)

I take a lot of supplements but not just for hair growth and I'm always tinkering to try to get what I need from my food rather than a supplement. It really depends on your actual needs and what it takes to get a balance for your body. In general, the most often recommended dietary supplements for hair growth are: biotin, silica, collagen, MSM, horsetail, bamboo, omega-3, ALA, and your B vitamins. However, Vitamins C and D also play a huge role as do the anti-oxidants. All of these can be obtained via quality food or various herbal teas. I personally prefer single ingredient supplements to blends because it is easier to control the dosage and troubleshoot.

I can't actually recommend. What I can do is suggest based on my experience. If you decide to try one of the mentioned, educate yourself. Start slow, working your way up to the desired dosage and watch for any negative side effects. If you have negative side effects, stop taking that supplement. If you have no positive effects after 30 days, chances are that supplement is not going to work for you at that dosage or at all. Be warned that dietary supplements can and do interact with OTC or prescription medications AND depending on what you are taking can get expensive. The first rule always to keep in mind is 'do no harm' and it is highly recommended that you consult your doctor before taking any dietary supplement.

Lisa-K
March 29th, 2018, 07:53 AM
I personally take Biotin. And I'm now looking into Inneov Densilogy, which is supposed to help with hair loss. I just had a baby last month, so I'm DREADING the postpartum shed from Hell which might hit me in about 2 months from now. That's why I'm wondering if Inneov might be a good switch right now from my usual Biotin. Kind of like a preventive treatment so to speak. Biotin makes everything grow faster. I definitely notice that I have to cut my nails more often since taking it. Hair is more difficult to measure lol But I'm assuming it's having the same effect as on my nails. I'm not sure Biotin would really help preventing my hair from falling, like Inneov is supposed to do.

ShilvaA
March 29th, 2018, 09:04 AM
I used to take 1000micro grams of biotin a day and wow, I noticed some fantastic growth with both my nails and my hair during the 3 months that 8 took it!
(Can’t rule out that it was coincidental and that the growth came from seasonal growth lr just a random spurt though). I ran out a few months ago and couldnt be bothered to replace the tablets and my hair growth has slowed right down since.

Just purchased 10,000 micro grams of biotin today as it was a lot cheaper than the 1000 dose. I have cut the tablet in half and am going to see how I get on with that... I imagine there is no need for 10,000 dose, that seems massive to me!

I shall report back but hopefully I will remain relatively break-out free and my hair will experience that same increase in growth rate as the last time.

Joules
March 29th, 2018, 09:53 AM
I love multivitamins. I like Supradyn, Perfectil, sometimes when I just want B vitamins I take Berocca. Calcium is important too, it's usually separated from multivitamins.

B vitamins in general are the best for hair growth. They're also great for strengthening your nervous system (which is why I'm taking supplements religiously in the first place), so with great hair you'll get great nerves :D

Biotin is one of the B-group. I tried taking 1000 mg, it made me gain weight like nothing else. So be careful.

The general rule is don't go too crazy on minerals and fat-soluble vitamins (don't take dosages higher than 100% of daily recommendations and don't take them non-stop for years, have breaks), water-soluble vitamins are pretty safe in higher dosages as long as you're drinking enough water. Also, caffeine and smoking prevent B-vitamins from absorbing fully, so keep that in mind (I don't smoke and always make sure there is at least an hour between my multivitamin and my beloved coffee).

Dark40
March 29th, 2018, 09:20 PM
A multi-vitamin and a good cheap hair, skin, and nails vitamins will do. Right now, I am taking hair, skin, and nails vitamins from Nature's Bounty. I've been taking them off and on for a year, and I have noticed a great significant amount of length and thickness each month. I've also noticed that the vitamins also speeds up my hair growth rate as well.

akurah
March 29th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Biotin causes acne so if you have trouble with that, take less or skip.

Katsura
March 30th, 2018, 12:47 AM
I'm taking a multivitamin and vitamin D. Calcium also, because I don't eat or drink a lot of dairy products. I try to eat healthy too.

shaluwm_agape
March 30th, 2018, 12:56 AM
I have tried a variety of hair skin and nil vitamins generic brands to higher end and even biotin which if you do take those remember to drink plenty of water but the one thing that I truly felt did my scalp/body justice was omega 3, & 6 or krill oil. but sweet potatoes & carrots really help hair and in general staying hydrated!!!!! :D