PDA

View Full Version : Did your SO have to get used to you having long hair? Did they come around?

njrb
March 27th, 2018, 11:21 AM
When I decided to grow my hair out my wife was supportive because she new it was something I'd wanted to do, but she would have preferred I keep it short. She'd still be happy if I decided to cut it short, but she's gotten used to it for the most part and has accepted that I plan on keeping it long. Because of that I try and accommodate and wear hairstyles she prefers most often. Probably 75% of the time that is just fine with me and works with what I want to do with my hair, but can be a bit of a let down when I'd like to try something different. Overall she's been supportive and part of me feels like I shouldn't push things too far, but maybe she'd adjust in the long run?

Do any of you face something similar where your SO would prefer your hair be different? How do you deal with it?

Arciela
March 27th, 2018, 11:34 AM
DBF never really seemed to care what length my hair is, but I know he likes it long and likes it natural. Honestly though if he ever tried to tell me to color /cut it a certain way (he never would tho) I would just do what I prefer in the end, as I would expect him to do the same with his, it's our hair after all :)

I'd just do what you like, as long as its not hurting anyone I don't see any harm :flower:

Rowdy
March 27th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Hmm I guess for mine the length wasn't too big of a shift, CB/APL down to waist/hip. Me wearing buns and braids took a bit of getting used to for him. He said something once about not really liking my hair in braids and being tired of them so in response I wore double dutch braids for almost three months straight :wethree:

Now he just tells me my hair looks nice :D

MoonRabbit
March 27th, 2018, 11:52 AM
My partner loves my long hair. Back when I first starting growing I asked his opinion and he said he really likes hair that covers all the lady bits. So I asked what he thought if I cut it to a pixie and he said he doesn't really find short hair attractive. This wouldn't stop me from cutting short if I wanted to but everyone is allowed an opinion and I respect his opinion.

I guess I am on the other side. I prefer my partner with long hair, He will grow it out to shoulder+ get annoyed by it and trim. He wants to go shorter, or at least shave his sides, and I always try to provoke him to try growing to the next milestone. But again, I would always support his wishes and never really care what he decides to do. It's his hair anyways. The only thing I am really picky about is his beard. Keep it long and free growing, which he does. But that's just because it holds a special meaning between us.

nycelle
March 27th, 2018, 11:59 AM
My hubs would prefer it around shoulder length. He thinks long hair is old fashioned. Oh well.. too bad.

prairie lark
March 27th, 2018, 12:02 PM
I never asked. My head, my rules. :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
March 27th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I showed DBF photos of how long I wanted my hair and he went "oh thats TOO long.. thats mermaid long.." And I was like "and?" LOL
Now he is very supportive, still finds things I do very odd and likes my hair down but I do what I want for the most part.

I think in this situation though, gender matters. A wife or GF would care more about her boyfriend going long than a boyfriend or DH would care about their lady going long, as most women's hair is usually in the terms of "long", its "normal" of a girl to have long hair while for men, society just isnt there yet so the response can be different.
Personally, I like long hair on men, but I also listen to black metal and hung out in HS with guys that had hair down to their waist! LOL

elsiedeluxe
March 27th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Honestly, I think one of the reasons I married DH was because he didn't (and still doesn't) care a fig about my hair. When we met it was HL and I was very wary of boyfriends and others who were "into" my hair, because I didn't want someone to date me for my hair. DH has never expressed any kind of preference about my hair and it's been every length from pixie to hip since we got together 25 years ago. My head, my hair.

LawrenceSMarlow
March 27th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Hmm...my hair has always been long-ish since we met. Well not that long tbh, but below shoulders anyway. I think he prefers it that way as when I have spoken about when I used to have a pixie, he looks less than enthused. But if I decide to go short again in the future, he’ll just have to put up with it! He is definitely not keen on my silk nightcap. But I am really enjoying the effect it has and again, he just has to put up with it :wigtongue

If he decided to grow his hair I think it would look really cute...it’s a great salt and pepper colour and quite curly. As long as he looked after it well it would be absolutely fine.

njrb
March 27th, 2018, 12:18 PM
I think in this situation though, gender matters. A wife or GF would care more about her boyfriend going long than a boyfriend or DH would care about their lady going long, as most women's hair is usually in the terms of "long", its "normal" of a girl to have long hair while for men, society just isnt there yet so the response can be different.
This is a bit of what I worry about. I figure it was a big change for her to have a husband with waist length hair after always having it short and if you then add on top of that the braids I'd like to wear more I've always figured that would be a lot since it is so atypical in general.

Jas
March 27th, 2018, 12:39 PM
I've always had hair on the longer side, mbl to waist but was still quite surprised when I mentioned I wanted to grown y hair longer and he said he wants me to grow to my feet! Lol. I doubt I'll make it there but I'm glad he likes it long anyway.

His preference is clearly longer hair though, but luckily I have no plans to go short so that doesn't matter :D

Guitargod
March 27th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Dgf isn't too happy about my hair. I asked her why, since she said she loved long hair when we met and she told me it's only for young men and apparently now I'm old:) (I'm 41)
I'm obliging her when she commands me to shave my beard once in a while :)

Beeboo123
March 27th, 2018, 01:17 PM
He’s happy with my hair, as long as I don’t ever cut it to shoulder length or shorter. He hates short hair on girls. Most of the girls in his friend group have hip to TBL hair, so mine isn’t at all uncommon. We’ll see how much he still likes my hair when I reach classic length. =p

shaluwm_agape
March 27th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Before i met My Lion i went through a really dark period and chopped off my BSL hair into a tapered pixie. I had that for about 2yrs. By the time we met it was at CBL. He made his intentions to marry me very clear and asked me to promise that as long as we were together, I not go any shorter than that. I said yes but questioned him about it.

Now I see why he said that. It is really about our Faith and what being a wife means according to the word. When I contemplated the decisoin to grow it out he was very supportive and since then have styled many different ways!

From experience if Lion says nothing that means it is a good thing. So far he has only complained about the single Dutch / French braid. And when I told him about my goal of CL he said that may be a bit too long but we will see when we get there

EdG
March 27th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Dgf isn't too happy about my hair. I asked her why, since she said she loved long hair when we met and she told me it's only for young men and apparently now I'm old:) (I'm 41)Introduce her to the LHC, where men and women of all ages have long hair. ;)
Ed

Sarahlabyrinth
March 27th, 2018, 01:39 PM
DH likes my hair - at any length. I asked him once what he would think if I grew my hair to the floor and he said "It doesn't worry me how long your hair is, I don't judge what other people do, and it's your hair". :)

vampyyri
March 27th, 2018, 01:56 PM
My DH loves me for me, it has nothing to do with my hair. He'd love me even if I decided to buzz all of my hair off... though he'd be shocked. :lol: he doesn't care what I do or do not with my appearance, and it's really freeing to just be... me without reservation.
He does enjoy it being long and natural though, and the terms of endearment like Goldielocks, Rapunzel, and Long Hair are nice :flowers:

Lumienkeli
March 27th, 2018, 01:58 PM
When I met my husband I had BSL+ hair and I kept it around that length for a decade. My husband liked it, but I didn't kept it long because him. I liked it too. Then at my first pregnancy I cut it to shoulder. He didn't like it but he accepted. It just hair, grows fast. Then I cut it again during my second pregnancy and he was ok with it. Then I cut it from APL to chin length last december and he said nothing. I was who hated that terrible short hair and decided to grow it again. He is happy but afraid what would I do if we want a third kid. :)

He has APL+ hair since we first met 16 years ago. I felt in love with his hair. I first saw him from back at a rock concert. His hair was gorgeaus, wavy and shiny. He grow it some 3 years that time. After a decade he had the same length without any trim. He never cared with it, he told me conditioner is too feminine and didn't want to cut because he worried it will stay short. He let me trim the last few cms but nothing more. It was full of splits, like a velcro and I begged him for 5 years to cut it and start it over. I loved his hair but it was so damaged. He refused all the time. I asked hairdressers how he could recover his hair without a drastical cut. All of them said, just cut it, no other way.
I started to dig the internet and I found another way, longer but less radical. Needs a lot of patience and work but his hair looks better every months with micro trims, dusting and s&d sessions. And conditioner and oil! Yep, haircare is not too feminine for him anymore! :) Now I am so happy that he refused to cut it. I love his hair, but it was so damaged and I didn't know any other solution than a drastical cut.

He loves me with any hair length, but likes the long hair on me. I love him with any hair quality but I am so happy that I found a knowledge on LHC to support his stubborn decision and finally I can help him to recover his hair.

Milady_DeWinter
March 27th, 2018, 02:01 PM
My bf likes it "long", being long for him from APL to tailbone... Longer than that is "too long" for him, I'm planning to grow up to classic stretched / TBL unestretched, so all ok. But I think he'd be happy with any lenght if I took a proper care of it.

When he met me I was at waist, so not much of a change by now...

On a side note, I also like men with long hair as I like it in women, and yours is super beautiful :) I wouldn't mind my bf to grow his awesome grey hair too! I'd pass the day practicing braids with him :p

Aredhel
March 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM
When my fiance met me, my hair was much longer than it is now. So nope, he's used to the long hair! ;) When I cut my hair to waist though, he needed to get used to the "short" length. :rolling:

lapushka
March 27th, 2018, 02:20 PM
A relationship is constant compromise; maybe ask for the reasons why she feels the way she does, there might be a good reason behind it (fear of losing your job, of not getting a job and such). I would talk it through with her.

Good luck!

Guitargod
March 27th, 2018, 03:24 PM
A relationship is constant compromise; maybe ask for the reasons why she feels the way she does, there might be a good reason behind it (fear of losing your job, of not getting a job and such). I would talk it through with her.

Good luck!
Hah yeah:) She says I look like a homeless - especially if I haven't shaved for a couple of months.

Corvana
March 27th, 2018, 03:43 PM
When I decided to grow my hair out my wife was supportive because she new it was something I'd wanted to do, but she would have preferred I keep it short. She'd still be happy if I decided to cut it short, but she's gotten used to it for the most part and has accepted that I plan on keeping it long. Because of that I try and accommodate and wear hairstyles she prefers most often. Probably 75% of the time that is just fine with me and works with what I want to do with my hair, but can be a bit of a let down when I'd like to try something different. Overall she's been supportive and part of me feels like I shouldn't push things too far, but maybe she'd adjust in the long run?

Do any of you face something similar where your SO would prefer your hair be different? How do you deal with it?

It is your hair, so you're free to do with it as you like. It's your choice to think of her feelings and wishes when it comes to what you do with it, and there's nothing wrong with that! But you can still also do as you like with it.

My husband loves long hair, so he's very happy that I'm growing mine out again, and very very happy that I'm thinking of the long term goal of classic or FTL (he says I should go to knee, partially for terrible Monty Python "Knights who say Ni" jokes, and partially because that's how long he wants his beard and "we could be the knee-length family!" :laugh:)

But I used to have a pixie, for about 4 years? And for most of our marriage before that my hair was SL to BSL or waist, then chopped to SL over and over. He preferred it when it was longer, but had no real say when I chose to cut it shorter. I knew it wasn't his preference, and we both knew that wouldn't diminish his love for me and that it was still my hair and I'd have to care for it and all that.

I think, ultimately, you need to think about what's more important to you. Her being happy with your hair, or you being happy with it. And that can be balanced in any way you like, such as your example of 75% of the time you're fine with doing with it what she prefers. But take that 25% back! That's only 1/4 of the time, 3 months in a year, that you can do as you please with it even if she's not a fan.

That's just my opinion, of course!

Beckstar
March 27th, 2018, 04:23 PM
My hair was hip length 2012 to 2013 and my husband thought it was too long. He kept that opinion to himself. I just found out a few days ago. We were talking about my goal length. I said shoulder and he said he likes BSL but it's my hair/choice. I said hip was too long for me and that's when I found out he wasn't a fan. But he'd never say anything if I did grow it that long again.

AutobotsAttack
March 27th, 2018, 04:27 PM
My husband always wanted long hair himself.
Seeing me grow mine out promoted him to grow his hair out. I was very happy to see him be able to do something he really wanted. He asks me for hair advice sometimes, and mostly it’s just been him understanding my hair type. At first he didn’t understand, but I just answered any questions he had. I have ethnic hair, whereas my husband is of European descent so his hair is rather straight, and he’s just curious as all. But I love it. I’ve even let him gently comb my hair which was awesome

Aredhel
March 27th, 2018, 04:28 PM
When my fiance met me, my hair was much longer than it is now. So nope, he's used to the long hair! ;) When I cut my hair to waist though, he needed to get used to the "short" length. :rolling:

I should add that despite his fondness for my long hair, he isn't crazy about the idea of me growing it past thigh length... he thinks anything below that is a bit "too" long. :p But he's also said repeatedly that he ultimately loves my hair regardless and is fully supportive of my hair ventures. :cool:

lithostoic
March 27th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Nah, my hair was long when we first got together.

trolleypup
March 27th, 2018, 06:04 PM
When we first me, we both had long hair (thigh and calf), almost a dozen years in, we still have long hair (calf and calf/ankle). The one time I shaved fully, I was told it was a bad idea (which I already knew).

spurple
March 27th, 2018, 06:11 PM
When I met my fiance I had a super short pixie for almost 10 years. A lot of things have changed in our life and I've decided to grow long, it's just 'time.' He's super supportive of it! But I think he's more supportive of all the effort I'm putting in to making it healthy. My hair is purple, so it had some damage that I needed to repair and things are really looking better now!

ETA: He has 'long' hair for a guy at shoulder length and really enjoys me rubbing his head with oil and playing with his hair as I'm learning how to better treat hair in general. OH! And he super loves my new sulfate free shampoo.... :D

wannabe-rusalka
March 27th, 2018, 07:38 PM
I'd already started growing my hair out when I met my DBF. He absolutely loves the idea of me having extremely long hair because he thinks I'll look like a mermaid. He loves boats and currently works the summers as a fisherman so I think hes had a lifelong crush on mermaids. I value his opinion when it comes to my hair. He also values my opinion when it comes to his- when he tried to grow out his hair into an afro he asked my opinion and I respectfully told him I preferred it shorter. He eventually came to agree with me after deciding for himself that the 'fro didn't suit him hehe.

That being said, he loves me for me and not for my hair length. I think he prefers me with normal to long hair just because that's what hes into and I can respect that. If I were to chop my hair into a bob he probably would be pretty shocked and maybe a little sad but hes told me he thinks I would look beautiful at any hair length :)

Ligeia Noire
March 27th, 2018, 08:27 PM
At first he did not care much, for him hair is just hair but boy he grew to love my braid down in certain occasions :p

zashin66
March 27th, 2018, 10:44 PM
My DH loves me for me, it has nothing to do with my hair. He'd love me even if I decided to buzz all of my hair off... though he'd be shocked. :lol: he doesn't care what I do or do not with my appearance, and it's really freeing to just be... me without reservation.
He does enjoy it being long and natural though, and the terms of endearment like Goldielocks, Rapunzel, and Long Hair are nice :flowers:

I'm so glad you have such great support:toast::blossom:

teal
March 27th, 2018, 10:49 PM
DH enjoys my hair. If anything he complains when it's up too much and he doesn't get to see it. :lol: He'd be shocked if I cut it, and probably sad. He's never attempted to direct my haircare though.

YvetteVarie
March 28th, 2018, 08:44 AM
My husband doesn't care much for the length. All he asks is that I do not shave it off. Anything else is up to me whether he likes it or not... Although I may do stuff that doesn't cause much damage to keep him happy

Alissalocks
March 28th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Hubby always loved long black hair best, and for most of our 25+ years mine has been red. I wanted it long, but bad habits (pre LHC) kept me from seeing that goal.

Then I decided I was ready to go black for good a few years ago, when I was about APL-BSL and it's been long and black ever since. He likes it, & he likes to see how much pleasure my hair gives me (oiling it etc). But it's more important that I like it, and I loooooove it! :cloud9: Getting longer and longer, hoping for FTL someday.

erebus
March 28th, 2018, 04:34 PM
I'd already started growing my hair out when I met my DBF. He absolutely loves the idea of me having extremely long hair because he thinks I'll look like a mermaid. He loves boats and currently works the summers as a fisherman so I think hes had a lifelong crush on mermaids. I value his opinion when it comes to my hair. He also values my opinion when it comes to his- when he tried to grow out his hair into an afro he asked my opinion and I respectfully told him I preferred it shorter. He eventually came to agree with me after deciding for himself that the 'fro didn't suit him hehe.

That being said, he loves me for me and not for my hair length. I think he prefers me with normal to long hair just because that's what hes into and I can respect that. If I were to chop my hair into a bob he probably would be pretty shocked and maybe a little sad but hes told me he thinks I would look beautiful at any hair length :)

Is there a connection between your LHC name and your husbands likes? :P

PS. saw rusalka yesterday actually!

njrb
March 28th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies. The consensus seems to be "my hair, my rules" and it seems like things have gone alright like that for others so I am going to try giving that a bit of a try. One of the best parts of having long hair is the variety available and I really enjoy a few braids that I'd like to wear more often than I do. Thanks for the encouragement.

victorian girl
March 28th, 2018, 04:52 PM
When I met my girlfriend, she was the long-haired one (around HL). Then we both cut our hair almost at the same time, and now she maintains hers at CBL-ish, while I'm trying to grow my hair back. I actually asked her about it, and she (very delicately) made it clear that she still prefers my hair to be long, so that's it, then, and I agree with her:) but of course we're not policing each other's hair and we never will.

dancingfrog
March 28th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Well, his was longer than mine at that point! Mine was just below collarbone, his was maybe 3” longer. He has maintained through not-so-benign neglect, mine has been BSL, gradually up to long-for-pixie and now back down almost to hip. He is fine with whatever I do, hair or otherwise, if it makes me happy. He will also happily use up whatever products don’t meet my needs :p I do need to give him a thorough S&D, but I haven’t talked him into that yet.

MlleMC
March 28th, 2018, 08:32 PM
I already had very long hair when my fiancé and I started dating, so there was no getting used to it. But he told me early on that he much prefers long hair, and we agreed that I keep my hair long and he keeps his beard. His definition of long isn't very clear though. I recently told him that I might cut back to tailbone or even hip length after the wedding, and he said that was perfectly fine with him.

Overall, we both have stated our preferences about the other's hair (and beard), but ultimately each person gets to choose what they do with theirs.

Vegan_Mama
March 28th, 2018, 08:56 PM
I'm sure whatever you decide to do she will adjust to. She is in love with you for you and at the end of the day you need to do what makes you feel happy as long as it's not hurting anyone. I'm in a similar situation with my fiance right now. He doesn't have a problem with long hair. He knows I'm growing it out but I mentioned that I felt like dying my hair a crazy colour (semi permanent) and he got all weird about it and didn't want me to. I've thought it over and I'm going to do it regardless. I've given him opinions on his hair before (I didn't want him to shave off his adorable widows peak) and he ignores me so screw him! My hair my choice ;)

wannabe-rusalka
March 28th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Is there a connection between your LHC name and your husbands likes? :P

PS. saw rusalka yesterday actually!

Hehe actually no, I also just happen to also enjoy siren-like creatures as well as slavic folklore :p My boyfriend loves that opera, he goes and sees operas with his grandmother

cjk
March 29th, 2018, 09:24 AM
I don't have a SO, but I do have a thought.

Hair grows slowly. Very slowly. I'd bet that because the changes are so gradual the people who love us, who see us often, don't have to get used to us because they have time to adapt.

If it went the other direction, a big chop, the abruptness of the change would cause more issues.

nycelle
March 29th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I don't have a SO, but I do have a thought.

Hair grows slowly. Very slowly. I'd bet that because the changes are so gradual the people who love us, who see us often, don't have to get used to us because they have time to adapt.

If it went the other direction, a big chop, the abruptness of the change would cause more issues.

Could be if you don't care one way or the other. But my hubs isn't a fan of very long hair, so he noticed when mine got to waist. When I cut it, he was pretty happy. Little did he know at the time that I'm growing it back.. haha..lol

njrb
March 29th, 2018, 10:28 AM

I think there is some truth to this, but my experience is similar to nycelle where even people who I see all the time suddenly realize there has been a change at some given length. I would also comment that hairstyles are definitely abrupt and can change your appearance as much as cutting your hair, and that's been the hardest thing for my wife to get used to.

MoonRabbit
March 29th, 2018, 11:20 AM

Good luck!

This may be so. Many people in the professional world view men with long hair as irresponsible. I remember years ago when my partner had a meeting at the bank (walked in after just getting off a night shift with long hair and a big a** beard) and the lady asks "Well do you even have a job?' My partner also has some issues with his co workers making rude comments about his "man bun". And these are men in their early 30's up to late 50's actually caring about another persons appearance. It's so sad that men have to deal with this social stigma. It angers me so much that this happens to him but I respect him even more for pushing past it and making a positive example for the rest of the men that want to have a personal preference without being judged.

cjk
March 29th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I remember years ago when my partner had a meeting at the bank (walked in after just getting off a night shift with long hair and a big a** beard) and the lady asks "Well do you even have a job?'
It's so sad that men have to deal with this social stigma.

This is so true! Since joining the beard community I've been cautioned, often, about my big beard and so forth.

The thing is, though, it's not about length. It's about grooming. We have guys who present intentionally as trailer trash, playing to the schtick. And Victorian steampunk, civil war soldiers, lumberjacks, and just normal bearded guys.

It's a question of how put-together you look. And how confidently you present yourself.

Most people put their best foot forward in situations like you describe. If he went to the bank after a long shift he probably looked rather haggard. And it's the fact that he looked haggard, not just that he had long hair and a beard, which was at issue.

Dendra
March 29th, 2018, 12:26 PM
BF would love me whatever, even though he thinks above shoulder is too short and past waist is too long. While we've been together my hair's always been within those parameters so he's never had much to say...

nycelle
March 29th, 2018, 12:38 PM
I agree with cjk, it's definitely about the entire look and grooming, not just long hair per se.

But I will add that depending on the persons field, long hair may also play a role.

For instance - my hubs is in finance. After being with his company for years, and having the position he now has, he can grow his hair as long as he wants and no one would dare say a thing.

But if he were still in his 20's, coming out of college, and applying for his first real job at a financial company- one who still holds the Brooks Brothers suit as the minimal requirement for proper attire, the man bun, no matter how neat wouldn't go over well at the initial interview.
If you want that bun, you do it after you get the job and have been there a while. It's just the way it is.

But I don't think it's that much different for women. Again, it depends on the field, but having extremely long hair in the financial world may not be seen as "proper" either.

hennalove
March 29th, 2018, 01:43 PM

No. My hair has been long and longer ever since we married eons ago. The only thing my husband compliments my hair often. The only things has really complained about with respect to my hair is 1) straightening then me freaking out if it's raining - 'relax he says, a little rain won't hurt LOL!' and 2) wearing it up - he likes it out and flowing something totally impractical for some things.

Now funny story. He is a professional so is always short hair, neat and tidy, with distinguished looking greys and a sweet, tidy mustache. He commands and gets respect. He decided to grow it out along with a beard on a bet with a buddy - long story. Gosh it grew to be the envy of any woman trying to grow her hair out. I thought he looked quite stunning, in a Grisly Adams type of way. Anyway, the grandkids were so impressed they had their own Santa Claus. Well, a incident happened with his long hair where a cashier was rather disrespectful in that glaring up and down fashion as if 'you have a credit card' amazed look! He was not impressed at all. When we arrived home, he went into the bank where he wasn't recognized until he spoke and then the teller just shook her head and said NOPE! His hair and beards stayed long enough for all the grandkids to see then it was back to his clean shaven, neat, tidy and short respectful hair style. Suffice to say he prefers that look and quite frankly, as long as he's happy, I'm happy. OTOH, years ago he shaved his head, stache and both eyebrows for charity. Another interesting story ;)

shaluwm_agape
March 29th, 2018, 02:03 PM
No. My hair has been long and longer ever since we married eons ago. The only thing my husband compliments my hair often. The only things has really complained about with respect to my hair is 1) straightening then me freaking out if it's raining - 'relax he says, a little rain won't hurt LOL!' and 2) wearing it up - he likes it out and flowing something totally impractical for some things.

Now funny story. He is a professional so is always short hair, neat and tidy, with distinguished looking greys and a sweet, tidy mustache. He commands and gets respect. He decided to grow it out along with a beard on a bet with a buddy - long story. Gosh it grew to be the envy of any woman trying to grow her hair out. I thought he looked quite stunning, in a Grisly Adams type of way. Anyway, the grandkids were so impressed they had their own Santa Claus. Well, a incident happened with his long hair where a cashier was rather disrespectful in that glaring up and down fashion as if 'you have a credit card' amazed look! He was not impressed at all. When we arrived home, he went into the bank where he wasn't recognized until he spoke and then the teller just shook her head and said NOPE! His hair and beards stayed long enough for all the grandkids to see then it was back to his clean shaven, neat, tidy and short respectful hair style. Suffice to say he prefers that look and quite frankly, as long as he's happy, I'm happy. OTOH, years ago he shaved his head, stache and both eyebrows for charity. Another interesting story ;)

That's interesting! I don't know why its honestly this big a deal to some people. I have asked my hubby numerous times to grow out his beard. He wont especially but I'm still trying. LOL. When I met him he was bald but there are times when I see pictures of him and wonder what he would look like with a big fro or even dreads :crush: But a full on beard I would love! especially with all the hair tips I get with the LHC

NightSister
March 30th, 2018, 01:36 PM
My DH thinks my hair is long already and while he'd never tell me what to do, I know he doesn't understand why I'd want long hair. I suppose when I reach WL we'll have that convo again. He probably wouldn't care as much if I didn't shed so much :shrug:

valkyrie90
March 30th, 2018, 07:45 PM
DBF loves that I grow my hair long . He said classic length or even more would be great . Last night he took a pic of my face covered with hair just like Sadako from the ring becoz I joked that if I grow my hair longer and longer I'd look like her haha . He just doesn't quite like my DIY shampoo thingy . He said it's so time-consuming but if it makes me happy then it's ok . I fail to get him to grow his hair a bit longer , though . And he refuses to give up on his clean-shaved face. *sigh*

enting
April 9th, 2018, 09:27 AM
I've always had long hair, but I do recall a conversation about "how long is too long". If I recall correctly, anything past TBL was "too long" for him at the time. Now I'm there and have suggested I cut back only to have him protest. We'll see if his limits have truly shifted as my hair grows past this point.

Stagecoach
April 9th, 2018, 01:04 PM
I came at this problem backwards, the fall I met my now husband, I still have knee length hair, but I had decided that spring I was done with long hair and would chop it all off come fall. So, 2-3 weeks after I started dating, I went ahead with the chop. He was very sad, as he LOVED my long hair, but was fully supportive of me following my desire. I kept it short for a couple years and he never questioned my decision, but when I told him I was thinking about growing it out again, he was so happy that it made the decision easy!

Otempura
April 9th, 2018, 01:51 PM
My boyfriends hair is almost as long as mine :D but he sheds more than I do lol