PDA

View Full Version : I'm losing my length!!!

cjk
March 24th, 2018, 04:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PdCnJSm.jpg

But it's because my hair is curly!

Seriously, I've never had the slightest inkling that my hair was curly. Wavy perhaps, but nothing like this. Always had some version of short sides and back, a businessman's taper, a pompadour, and even various HnT and flattop haircuts. But in all these years I've never just let it grow, and certainly never let it flow.

And because of that I know absolutely nothing about the special care needed for curly hair. I've read that it's special but don't know how. Time to do a forum search.

Since joining LHC I've learned so much and intend to keep learning. But I also wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all the great contributors. It is my intention to continue growing but, if it keeps curling, I have no idea how long it will end up. LOL!

lapushka
March 24th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Oh that's cute! I'm sorry, but it is! :inlove:

Just wait with typing until you reach at least APL, because I see a lot of waves in there too.

Try and get the book by Lorraine Massey on the curly girl method. That is my top advice!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 24th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Oh, those are very lovely curls! :D

cjk
March 24th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Just wait with typing until you reach at least APL, because I see a lot of waves in there too.

It's not a typing picture. I even used clips to get the sides to behave better. But I did air dry. The curls are starting to emerge on their own.

Try and get the book by Lorraine Massey on the curly girl method. That is my top advice!

Thanks.

Reyesuela
March 24th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Looks fabulous!

Probably got a while before worrying about more than not brushing. :)

ursaV
March 24th, 2018, 07:16 PM
What a pleasant surprise that second sentence was! It looks really awesome so far. I'm pretty new to the forum, but I've seen your posts and your attitude has been a great inspiration.
I adore curly hair, but I have quite the opposite on my own head, so unfortunately I can't offer you much in the way of advice except to keep at it! :pray:

Beckstar
March 24th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Gorgeous! If you have to lose length then those glorious curls are the way to do it.

Lumienkeli
March 25th, 2018, 12:00 AM
What a color! I am eager to see how your hair will look when it grow longer! I am so happy when a man grow his hair and care with it. Glorious! A lion! :)

Is so funny to learn new thing about our hair, isn't it?

Borgessa
March 25th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Those are some lovely curls, isn't hair amazing :)

Stray_mind
March 25th, 2018, 12:14 AM
I know how you feel! I feel like my ends are Never gonna reach my shoulders since they keep curling up hahaha!

Your hair looks so thick and healthy, and happy! Keep growing :)

zanelle
March 25th, 2018, 12:48 AM
Yo, your title scared me!
You are not losing any length, you are starting your awesome journey to that fab hair!
Can you imagine how beautiful it will be in a few years? Patience and binge on wavy-curly posts in here!

Katsura
March 25th, 2018, 01:43 AM
What a great hair. Lovely color too. :)

Beeboo123
March 25th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Your title scared me there for a moment. Your curls are going to look glorious when your grow them out! I love your hair color, it's such a rich, warm goldp

Joules
March 25th, 2018, 04:26 AM
Wow! I love your hair! Both colour and texture are so lovely! Good luck to you on your journey!