PDA

View Full Version : I cut in bangs (was really missing them)

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 02:02 PM
I did however do the wait two weeks suggestion that lapushka
posted sometime back, and the want to cut in bangs was still there.

I had bangs all throughout high school, and I like the way they shape my face. I have a rounder face, but I like bangs that extend below my brows, and taper longer off to the sides.

heres before, dry hair, taken down from a bun:

https://i.imgflip.com/270da6.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/270da6)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

flat ironed hair:

https://i.imgflip.com/270df9.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/270df9)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

and here’s after, washed and air dried hair, I straightened my bangs:

https://i.imgflip.com/270diy.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/270diy)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

I will probably let them grow out a again, instead of maintain them, but even then I’m not sure. I just wanted to have fun with them again.

Dendra
March 23rd, 2018, 02:06 PM
Very cute! Enjoy them :) I'm always tempted to cut mine back in too...

PixieP
It looks great! I love your natural texture too, will you keep straigthening the bangs or let them be natural?

AutobotsAttack
Very cute! Enjoy them :) I'm always tempted to cut mine back in too...

Thank you!

I will enjoy them to the fullest :)

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
It looks great! I love your natural texture too, will you keep straigthening the bangs or let them be natural?

Surprisingly enough, they lay fairly straight without heat, so most days I will probably opt to leave them be and let them air dry with the rest of my hair. I didn’t cut a large amount, so I think that might be a reason why they lay rather flat. They will wurl up a bit if left alone long enough but I don’t mind. It’ll blend with all the other curly wirly parts of my hair.

But thank you!

fhairyqueen
March 23rd, 2018, 02:15 PM
I actually love your hair in all three photos , all are so different
I think the fringe (bangs) look cute
Have you tried seeing what it looks like with a pony tail , or straight bangs with the rest of your hair curly , or bangs with braids or a bun
I love the colour of your hair too

Reyesuela
March 23rd, 2018, 02:19 PM
Fun!

I tried bangs. I nearly tore my hair off because I couldn’t stand the touching me!!!! They’re supposed to be more youthful looking at my age. Guess I’ll have to grow old gracefully. Lol.

lucid
March 23rd, 2018, 02:20 PM
Looks great, and you have a cute face too!

Stray_mind
March 23rd, 2018, 02:29 PM
looks good! I am glad you are happy and enjoying them as you used to :)

lapushka
March 23rd, 2018, 03:30 PM
They look *cute*. And BTW, girl, look at those cheekbones! :D

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM
I actually love your hair in all three photos , all are so different
I think the fringe (bangs) look cute
Have you tried seeing what it looks like with a pony tail , or straight bangs with the rest of your hair curly , or bangs with braids or a bun
I love the colour of your hair too

Thank you!

So far I’ve put my hair up in a bun and I like the way it looks, I’ll put on up here in a bit. Haven’t seen what it looks against curly hair, but I’m willing to experiment and see. Haven’t done braids yet but that’s also something I’m gonna try soon. Probably tomorrow since tomorrow is wash day.

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 05:37 PM
Fun!

I tried bangs. I nearly tore my hair off because I couldn’t stand the touching me!!!! They’re supposed to be more youthful looking at my age. Guess I’ll have to grow old gracefully. Lol.

Awww there’s nothing wrong with growing old gracefully. One day I hope to do the same.

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 05:38 PM
Looks great, and you have a cute face too!

Awwww!!! Thank you!!!

I think I have a bit of a baby face still. Which I’m okay with. Lol

AutobotsAttack
March 23rd, 2018, 05:39 PM
looks good! I am glad you are happy and enjoying them as you used to :)

Thank you :)

They look *cute*. And BTW, girl, look at those cheekbones! :D

Thanks Lapushka. And you wouldn’t believe how many people used to always want to poke and boop my cheeks when I was younger. My mom still does it sometimes lol

MoonRabbit
March 23rd, 2018, 07:42 PM
Oh no..I was just thinking I need a little change, maybe I should get bangs. This might push me to do it :p

They look so good on you!

TheForestFae
March 23rd, 2018, 08:06 PM
It looks so cute on you, definitely makes you look younger :) I have had bangs for years because it suited my face the most :) The only problem I have is try to maintain and keep it clean all the time, otherwise it will get oily and will look dirty on my forehead :))

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 03:16 AM
Oh no..I was just thinking I need a little change, maybe I should get bangs. This might push me to do it :p

They look so good on you!

Thank you! And if you want bangs then go for it,
It really does help to wait a bit, just to make sure you really want a change

It looks so cute on you, definitely makes you look younger :) I have had bangs for years because it suited my face the most :) The only problem I have is try to maintain and keep it clean all the time, otherwise it will get oily and will look dirty on my forehead :))

Thank you!

YvetteVarie
March 24th, 2018, 04:02 AM
The bangs look great. I have hair envy right now

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 04:22 AM
The bangs look great. I have hair envy right now

Thanks you!

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Here’s what they look like with they’re waves in them pixie,

https://i.imgflip.com/271iho.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/271iho)via Imgflip Meme Generator (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator)

Reyesuela
March 24th, 2018, 04:28 AM
Very cute!

I think there are bang people (naked without bangs!), no bang people (get it off me!!!), and people who aren’t bothered.

chomsky
March 24th, 2018, 05:20 AM
They look so good!

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 06:11 AM
Very cute!

I think there are bang people (naked without bangs!), no bang people (get it off me!!!), and people who aren’t bothered.

Yeah, definitely

They look so good!

Thanks Chomsky!!!

spidermom
March 24th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Bangs can be a fun change, so enjoy.

zanelle
March 24th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Talking about bangs, wouldn't using clip-on human hair bangs from Hothair be a better option? So you can clip them on when you feel like wearing bangs? Although I've heard some horror stories about the provenience of human hair...

lapushka
March 24th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Talking about bangs, wouldn't using clip-on human hair bangs from Hothair be a better option? So you can clip them on when you feel like wearing bangs? Although I've heard some horror stories about the provenience of human hair...

Well it's too late now. ;) LOL. She already cut them.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 24th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Lovely to read you are still having fun while growing your hair. Enjoy your new look:blossom:

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 04:14 PM
Well it's too late now. ;) LOL. She already cut them.

Pretty much what Lapushka said.

I’m also not really a fan of clip ins. Nothing wrong with them in general, I just get that sore spot where they have been clipped no matter how loosely I clip them in.

And, zanelle, I kind of fail to see how it would be a “better option”. Because I cut my hair? The rest of it is long as it usually is. Bangs vs. No bangs is a personal choice. Doesn’t make one better than the other. Installing clip ins for the sake of not cutting my hair defeats actual bangs anyways.

AutobotsAttack
March 24th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Bangs can be a fun change, so enjoy.

Lovely to read you are still having fun while growing your hair. Enjoy your new look:blossom:

Thanks guys

longmane
March 25th, 2018, 02:01 AM
They look great on you :)

zanelle
March 25th, 2018, 02:06 AM
Pretty much what Lapushka said.

I’m also not really a fan of clip ins. Nothing wrong with them in general, I just get that sore spot where they have been clipped no matter how loosely I clip them in.

And, zanelle, I kind of fail to see how it would be a “better option”. Because I cut my hair? The rest of it is long as it usually is. Bangs vs. No bangs is a personal choice. Doesn’t make one better than the other. Installing clip ins for the sake of not cutting my hair defeats actual bangs anyways.

Ah ok. I meant it was a better option if you wanted to stay away from scissors. But if this is not a problem for you, of course go for it! I love bangs too, but I don't have so much hair to afford cutting them. This is why I was thinking clip in would be an option. Never experimented with clipped in bangs. Sore spot you say?

Katsura
March 25th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Enjoy your new style, it looks great on you. I've always been one of the bang people. :)

NightSister
March 25th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Looks great! Enjoy them. Styling your hair will be fun with bangs :)

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 06:32 AM

Enjoy your new style, it looks great on you. I've always been one of the bang people. :)

Looks great! Enjoy them. Styling your hair will be fun with bangs :)

Thanks guys :)

Beeboo123
March 25th, 2018, 10:08 AM
You look so cute in bangs and I really like your smile. I love having bangs too, because I have a round phase, but I'm trying to grow them out. Your photos are making me tempted to cut them again

Cherriezzzzz
March 25th, 2018, 10:12 AM
I love both on you!!! NICE HAIR!!!! :thud:

Suze
March 25th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Oh, I love that! But anything probably goes with your pretty face.

nycelle
March 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Love me some nice bangs and they look great on you!!

I'm always debating with myself if I want to go back to bangs or not. Only thing that's keeping me is the maintenance, but I generally prefer the way they look.

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 10:55 AM
You look so cute in bangs and I really like your smile. I love having bangs too, because I have a round phase, but I'm trying to grow them out. Your photos are making me tempted to cut them again

Thank you! If you wish to keep growing them out, by all means keep growing. I’ll probably let them grow again for a bit myself.

I love both on you!!! NICE HAIR!!!! :thud:

Aww thank you!

Oh, I love that! But anything probably goes with your pretty face.

Oh goodness, you’re so sweet! Thank you. I feel like I’m rather plain most of the time. I don’t really do much with makeup these days, just try to keep the breakouts at bay lol.

Love me some nice bangs and they look great on you!!

I'm always debating with myself if I want to go back to bangs or not. Only thing that's keeping me is the maintenance, but I generally prefer the way they look.

Yea the maintenance is something I’m reminded of, but if I don’t feel like having them out, I twist them to the side like a crown braid kind of.

CindyOfTheOaks
March 25th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Soooo cute !!

prairie lark
March 25th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Really cute! And, excellent job cutting. I've tried long ago and all I got was a big NOT good. ha

bparnell75
March 25th, 2018, 05:16 PM

When I wore bangs I often washed just the bangs, blow dried them and it worked quite well. I used the kitchen sink and a small pitcher. Used Prell so I needed no conditioner.

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 05:25 PM
When I wore bangs I often washed just the bangs, blow dried them and it worked quite well. I used the kitchen sink and a small pitcher. Used Prell so I needed no conditioner.

I may start investing in a dry shampoo just for the bangs. They get oily rather quickly. But I like the idea of just washing my bangs too. Like you mentioned.

AutobotsAttack
March 25th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Really cute! And, excellent job cutting. I've tried long ago and all I got was a big NOT good. ha

Thank you :)

2gaits
March 25th, 2018, 10:31 PM
I constantly debate cutting my bangs back. I 've been growing them out for what seems like forever and they are chin or so length. Not as flattering as having bangs in my opinion but it does seem a bit easier to not have them. I am liking that but your cute bangs are making me miss mine. Looks great.

AutobotsAttack
March 26th, 2018, 06:48 AM
I constantly debate cutting my bangs back. I 've been growing them out for what seems like forever and they are chin or so length. Not as flattering as having bangs in my opinion but it does seem a bit easier to not have them. I am liking that but your cute bangs are making me miss mine. Looks great.

It is an option, but if you’re wishing to grow them out by all means do so

*Wednesday*
March 27th, 2018, 07:23 PM
The bangs are adorable . I had bangs since I was young. I push them off to the side. I love em.

Dark40
March 27th, 2018, 07:40 PM
They are so cute! :) I also love cutting bangs too. I also cut mine the same length as yours. Just at the eye-brows or below them. I've been wearing bangs since I was 5 years old.

Groovy Granny
March 27th, 2018, 08:34 PM
They look cute; I love the look on you :)

AutobotsAttack
March 27th, 2018, 10:54 PM
They are so cute! :) I also love cutting bangs too. I also cut mine the same length as yours. Just at the eye-brows or below them. I've been wearing bangs since I was 5 years old.

Thank you

They look cute; I love the look on you :)

Thank you!!!

Dark40
March 28th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Thank you

Thank you!!!

You're welcome