PDA

View Full Version : Summer is coming and my hair isn't happy!

grecianaussie
March 22nd, 2018, 05:49 AM
Hi everyone!

I bleach it with half head/ full head highlights two to three times a year. Before bleaching, My hair was pretty flat, from what I can remember.

Now that my hair is bleached the texture has changed and its more frizzy. As soon as summer hits the frizzy-ness intensifies, especially since i'm living in a humid country.

I really don't want to use heat on my hair to calm the frizz, so are there any natural methods to anti-frizz?

Thank you!

AutobotsAttack
March 22nd, 2018, 07:58 AM
Perhaps some ACV or white wine vinegar rinses could help close the cuticles.

I chemically straighten my hair, and after the initial process my hair cuticles feel a bit raised, so I do a few ACV rinses as well.

A nice frizz fighting serum might help as well.

Might want to also keep your hair bunned or braided up, so the heat isn’t sucking all the moisture out of your hair.

lapushka
March 22nd, 2018, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone!

I bleach it with half head/ full head highlights two to three times a year. Before bleaching, My hair was pretty flat, from what I can remember.

Now that my hair is bleached the texture has changed and its more frizzy. As soon as summer hits the frizzy-ness intensifies, especially since i'm living in a humid country.

I really don't want to use heat on my hair to calm the frizz, so are there any natural methods to anti-frizz?

Thank you!

Summer is coming already? ;) We had snow here last weekend mid-March. It's spring now, but the temperatures sure aren't ready yet. ;) And you're already moving into summer. OMG. :lol:

What is your texture like? 1, 2, 3 or 4?

Margarita
March 22nd, 2018, 09:28 AM
This happens to me aswell, summer its a no for my hair. Especially sea :/ Use serums and creams and avoid sea water :)

nycelle
March 22nd, 2018, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you!

LOL.. I think my entire hair life revolves around me finding the perfect anti-frizz product..

I have wavy hair, medium/coarse texture that can frizzes up naturally even without highlighting or coloring. Even though, it was worse when I was coloring.
Unfortunately, there is no method, natural or man-made that will tame the frizz for long periods of time without heat. At least that's been my experience, with my hair, after years and years of searching for that perfect product.

For me (and it does depend on your hair type too), my one HG anti-frizz product is Ouai Hair oil. I've been using it for a looong time, and nothing else comes close. My second favorite, but it's not nearly as good as Ouai, and needs to be re-applied often is- Argan oil.
Neither Ouai or Argan oil are heavy so most hair types can use them.

There's one other product that I've recently started using (for the last 9 days.) It's by Alterna and it's called Caviar CC 10 in 1.. I love it. It leaves my hair extremely silky, and it's supposed to protect from UV rays.
But I can't attest to how well it will work in the summer. Can't wait to try though.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 22nd, 2018, 12:54 PM
It's autumn here! The best for my hair.
You could deep condition regularly now and LOC during the summer months. That may help depending on your hair type.