PDA

View Full Version : Trying Isilya's woven bun

missbexy
October 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Looked at it a couple of times, beautiful. Finally decided to give it a try. Facing so many problems, first of all I discovered that my chopsticks are missing (three sets), so i tried doing it with pencils. I'm very good but obviously I need practise to solve that. So i think i'd worked the first section of my hair all the way round but then realised I don't have any of my pins. Undo my little bit of work to go looking but...you probably guessed it...the pins are missing too!

aries
October 30th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I say gremlins or faeries took your sticks and pins lol. Sorry to hear you can't find them on the serious note. What does this bun look like?

HairColoredHair
October 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Do you have children or cats? Check under the couch. :lol:

Mishka_84
October 30th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Do you have children or cats? Check under the couch. :lol:

I've can definitely second this! Every time my pin supply gets low, I move the couch, and there they are! I've even found my sticks there a time or two.

And the woven bun is one of my favorite hair styles. When DH is here, every time we go somewhere he asks if I'm wearing it, he loves seeing it. After you do it once or twice, it gets much easier. I can get it up in about 2 minutes (usually :)).

lolabee
October 30th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Any one have a pic of this? Id like to see it so I can attempt it....

Vitalai
October 30th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Any one have a pic of this? Id like to see it so I can attempt it....

Here you go. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=54) :flower:

longhairedfairy
October 30th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I say gremlins or faeries took your sticks and pins lol. Sorry to hear you can't find them on the serious note. What does this bun look like?

Not this faery!

Is it the bun that looks rather like a flower?

lolabee
October 31st, 2008, 12:06 AM
WHOA!
I first saw the pic and thought "no way" but hey! Instructions!!!!
thank you thank you thank you!!!
Its so hard to stay creative with updos... especially since MEN (hmph) think all buns are the same!!!!!!!!

Seraphina
October 31st, 2008, 05:57 AM
Looked at it a couple of times, beautiful. Finally decided to give it a try. Facing so many problems, first of all I discovered that my chopsticks are missing (three sets), so i tried doing it with pencils. I'm very good but obviously I need practise to solve that. So i think i'd worked the first section of my hair all the way round but then realised I don't have any of my pins. Undo my little bit of work to go looking but...you probably guessed it...the pins are missing too!

Isn't that annoying! I must have about a hundred bobby pins-I lose them,so buy more,and then suddenly the missing ones reappear :confused:
I bet the bun looks good though,even with the pencils :)

Amara
October 31st, 2008, 06:21 AM
Hahah! I tried the woven bun for the first time just recently too. I did it and then went to look in the mirror: big purple scrunchy sticking out in the middle! LOL

Perhaps there's a woven bun fairy who likes to wreak havoc.

missbexy
October 31st, 2008, 07:13 AM
Haha I love the idea of an evil bun fairy/hair toy stealing fairy. It gives me such a funny mental image.
Hmmm I do have 3 cats.
Oh well, my dad's started asking what I want for christmas so at worst i'll have to ask for various hairtoys and wait till then.
Thanks for all your opinions, this site always makes me smile, even when the anti-hair styling fairies are around.