PDA

View Full Version : What length is MTL?

longmane
March 17th, 2018, 10:24 PM
I saw it in stats few times. I couldn't figure out because it's not a common milestone? Just curious :)

spirals
March 17th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Sounds like it might be mid-thigh length. I guess that's the same as fingertip, depending on the person.

longmane
March 17th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Sounds like it might be mid-thigh length. I guess that's the same as fingertip, depending on the person.

Oh true! I knew ''FTL'' I thought this would be something else. Thanks for the clarification.

cjk
March 18th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Is there a post that defines these terms? I get confused, too.

lapushka
March 18th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Is there a post that defines these terms? I get confused, too.

Yes there is, check the newbie section of the forum for the stickies there! :flower:

MusicalSpoons
March 18th, 2018, 10:22 AM

From what I gather from others who've used them both as milestones, MTL tends to be a little longer than FTL. On me it's roughly a couple of inches. Unless used as actual goals in themselves they're often both a way to break up the ridiculously long distance between classic and knee :wink:

Dark40
March 18th, 2018, 04:55 PM
To me, MTL means mid-thigh length on me too, and yes it does depend on the person.

PixieP
March 18th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Depending on proportions, mid thigh and finger tip can be vastly different markers. Some people have longer arms and some have shorter, also being bigger will make fingertip length shorter since the arms will not rest as straight.