PDA

View Full Version : How do people straighten their hair?

Beckstar
March 16th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I've never been able to with a brush and blow dryer or a flatiron. I've watched 20000000 millions YouTube videos and still don't get it.

Lanalavallama
March 16th, 2018, 03:08 PM
On large rollers/curlers, then wrap it.

Dark40
March 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
I straighten out my hair using relaxers, blow-drying, and flat-ironing.

Flowerness
March 16th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Is your hair shortish? When mine was short, I'd use a paddle brush, then a round brush with a blow dryer. I'd go over and over it, until it was smooth. I'd use a leave in or serum to help. Then, I put my hair into velcro rollers until totally dry. Sometimes, I'd dampen my hair and put it into velcro rollers to give it some smoothness. Bigger the roller the more body, and smoothness. Smaller rollers would make curls. If you use clips with the rollers, they stay in place and you can do other stuff while it dries.

I tried using a flat iron once for a special event. All it did was make my hair look greasy and flat at the roots. Oh, well.

Beckstar
March 16th, 2018, 05:22 PM
It's short. It covers my collar, jaw length on the left side (I side shave the right) and my bangs come to the ridge of my nose.

I'm just going to stick with my 3 a/b. I've only had my hair straight twice in my life. Once it was this length and the other time it was BSL. The same hair dresser did it and it looked great.

AutobotsAttack
March 16th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I takes me a long time to flat iron my hair.

I section my hair in four parts, then section those bigger sections, and just flat iron them all until I’m done, and comb my hair into whatever part I wish.

Typically I don’t flat iron that much because it takes forever, and I’m not a fan of heat usage.

Salwety
March 16th, 2018, 11:38 PM
I stopped trying to submit my hair into a specific pattern since October 2015. I just use the LOC method and comb my hair with a wide comb then leave it to air dry, and do whatever it wants to do. My hair's condition improved since then.