PDA

View Full Version : Dyeing Ends Only Advice Needed

HaMalka
March 16th, 2018, 12:29 PM
I am planning on dying the last few inches of my hair pink before I get them trimmed off. I am planning on bleaching then using a Manic Panic dye. I looked online for how to get a straight or mostly straight across line between the dyed hair and the normal hair but none of the techniques I found would work on my ankle length length hair. Does anyone have any advice on how should I go about dyeing my hair if I want a mostly straight line?

MlleMC
March 16th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Do you trim your own hair? What technique do you use for that? I feel like the techniques that work to cut in a straight line should also work to dye the ends.

HaMalka
March 16th, 2018, 02:54 PM
I do not trim my own hair and all of the instructions I've seen for trimming hair are expecting hair that is shorter than mine. Such instructions tend to want you to be able to reach the ends of your hair without bending your hair.

Larki
March 16th, 2018, 03:01 PM
You need LadyLongLocks' method for self trimming! I don't have a link but her hair is past floor length.

MlleMC
March 16th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I do not trim my own hair and all of the instructions I've seen for trimming hair are expecting hair that is shorter than mine. Such instructions tend to want you to be able to reach the ends of your hair without bending your hair.

Yeah, I've come across that problem too. What I usually do when I trim my hair is use a clip (similar to a creaclip) and slide it down as far as I can go, then carefully bring all my hair in front. Then I hold my hair tight against my stomach with one arm and keep sliding the clip to the desired spot. It works pretty well.

Some people also use an elastic band. It's even easier to slide down lower than your hands since you can hold the whole ponytail tight in your fist to keep sliding, but it doesn't work quite as well when the ends are much thinner than the roots.

MlleMC
March 16th, 2018, 03:21 PM
You need LadyLongLocks' method for self trimming! I don't have a link but her hair is past floor length.

Here it is. (http://jjjlonghairphotopage.zoomshare.com/2.shtml/JJJ%27s%20Self%20Hair%20Trim%20Method)

lapushka
March 16th, 2018, 04:25 PM
I am planning on dying the last few inches of my hair pink before I get them trimmed off. I am planning on bleaching then using a Manic Panic dye. I looked online for how to get a straight or mostly straight across line between the dyed hair and the normal hair but none of the techniques I found would work on my ankle length length hair. Does anyone have any advice on how should I go about dyeing my hair if I want a mostly straight line?

Do Feye's for a straight line (the tying off with an elastic). Then pull it down as far as you can. Then pull it to the front, tied like that. And then just put more elastics down the ponytail (don't worry about the hair above it, only focus on the hair below it), and continue on in a straight line until the desired spot.

Kellylee
March 16th, 2018, 05:46 PM
I would take those little elastic bands for hair and do a few ponytails across the back depending on how thick your hair is. Have someone help you make sure they are even.

HaMalka
March 18th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I'll try out the different methods of holding my hair and see what works before I pull out the bleach.