PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth length t-shirt

Tinkerbella12
March 15th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Hi guys,

I'm not too sure if this is the right place, please forgive me if it's not.

I'm growing out my hair again after cutting from from waist length to shoulder due to damage. I want to participle in some topics in this forum like posting a picture of monthly progress etc, so for this I'm making a t-shirt which will help me with the pictures. My question is does anyone have an average of what lengths are in inches, so for example: 4 inches would be APL and 6 would be BSL and 12 would be WL... hope that makes sense?

For an example please click here (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hair-Length-Check-Marker-Womens-T-Shirt-by-Spreadshirt-/161712622550)

Thank you in advance x

MoonRabbit
March 15th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Every length will be different on each body depending how tall you are, proportions and how your hair falls. I made a shirt before and I just marked an inch all the way down the shirt, put it on and had my partner mark where each milestone started.

Groovy Granny
March 15th, 2018, 03:13 PM
IMHO ~ each person's 'numbers' will be different depending on your torso length.

I am short and have a short/shrinking torso, so numbers mean nothing to me except how long it is to the next landmark (guestimating .5"/month on average).

Initially I made one of those t-shirts, but found them to be inaccurate depending on how the material lay on my body, or even my wurly hemline.

Eventually I just went by body markers for ME...sometimes even moles or rolls :lol:

So no...there is no average length per landmark.... because each person's body is different.

The shirt will be helpful to at least show progress ~ I found that easier than using a measuring tape.

Welcome ~ happy growing :cheer:

lapushka
March 15th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Body markers are different on everyone. Some people will reach BSL quicker or waist quicker than others. I have a few inches between BSL & waist because I have a very short torso. For someone else, that will be different.

Just measure this on yourself, that is the best way!

cjk
March 15th, 2018, 06:39 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/514vqddQ0fL._UX342_.jpg

This has been on my birthday list for a while.

But I'll bet you meant head hair. ;)

A similar shirt could be made by marking ruler lines on the back of a regular tee shirt. I suggest regular markings, every few inches maybe. Designations like you mentioned are dependent on individual body measurements and would not be relevant to anyone else.

But inch measurements would be more objective.

lapushka
March 16th, 2018, 07:15 AM
LOL, cjk, that's a really good one! :D :thumbsup:

spitfire511
March 16th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Lapushka might remember better than I do - as I am just dragging myself back here after a rather long hiatus - but I'm fairly certain there used to be someone here who wore the same striped shirt (it was widely striped - like 1-2" each) as a sort of guide.

I think it made a nice quick visual reference for her, but like the others have said - nothing will beat comparing it to just you since shirts can shift and fit differently easily and measurements are different on everyone.

Like Lapushka's example, I am the opposite. I am short from shoulder to BSL, so that's a quick transition, but BSL through MBL to Waist is a loooooong distance.

I did used to mark APL by reaching a hand around under my arm pit so that I could 'see' it on my back when I was taking photos.

Good luck!!