PDA

View Full Version : Braids. My fingers finally worked.

cjk
March 15th, 2018, 12:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eJsSMjH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I finally managed a braid that looks like a braid. Okay, a very sloppy braid that's not at all flattering but at least it's a braid.

This is the very first time my fingers didn't fumble over themselves.

And I pulled an additional hair on each bump so it's technically a French braid.

My first ever. And it was successful.

I know the routine. Practice makes perfect and all that. Well, this is practice.

It's also very exciting. Yippee! Rather proud of myself.

MoonRabbit
March 15th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Fantastic! I remember when I first learned how to french braid, I was so happy and relieved lol. It definitely deserves some celebration! :cheer:

nycelle
March 15th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Congrats! It looks good enough to wear out. (unlike myself who can't braid to save her life.)

Your hair is also amazing- very nice and thick.

Trip
March 15th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Love your texture

Stray_mind
March 15th, 2018, 02:26 PM
That's a great achievement! Keep practicing and you will learn to make fancy braids in no time ^^

Sarahlabyrinth
March 15th, 2018, 02:30 PM
That's great! Once your fingers have the memory of what to do, it'll be as easy as falling off a log! I think we will be seeing some wonderful braids from you before too long :D

lapushka
March 15th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Great start. :) Now that you know the finger movements, the world is your oyster. :thumbsup:

Ophidian
March 15th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Go you! It really is like learning how to make your hands work again. I had a hard enough time learning how to dutch braid after years of french braiding (it's basically the same thing...) and now I'm having a hard time switching back to french when I want to:lol: