PDA

View Full Version : Please please help me figure this out

SeRe
March 14th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Hello LHC,

I went to Asia for vacation and got back in Jan. Since I have returned, my hair has been acting different.

My hair is usually wavy straight, more straight than wavy so mostly a 1c and less a 2a.

Of late, my hair is becoming wavier. I’m happy with this, however it doesn’t feel the same. It’s frizzy, and if I feel an individual hair, it feels kinky. It has random L shaped bends at places too. It also feels crunchy.

It’s not breaking or snapping. I haven’t used heat on my hair ever. Maybe 5-6 times in my whole life.

I tried a sulphate free shampoo but it’s making my hair more dry. I stopped silicone too but my hair was honestly better off with silicones and sulphates.

I am not undergoing any hormonal change. I haven’t had any lifestyle change either.

I did one henna application that fixed some of my issues. It’s too cold here to do another henna treatment. What else can I do?

What is up with the coarseness and kink? Can someone please help?

I plan to trim my hair next week. Thank you.

lapushka
March 14th, 2018, 04:12 PM
You might need to clarify-wash the hair, esp. if you went sulfate-free or sulfate-mild.

SeRe
March 14th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Thanks a lot for your reply. I clarified twice before going sulphate free. Also, I went sulphate free recently. The change in hair has been noticeable since almost 2 months.

MsPharaohMoan
March 14th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Hmmm, perhaps you need to chelate your hair if the water there was mineral-heavy?

SeRe
March 14th, 2018, 06:09 PM
The water there was actually very soft. My hair over there was like 1a/1b hair and extremely soft and silky.

I live in an area with hard water. How to chelate? I think I would like to try it.

Thank you!

SeRe
March 14th, 2018, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, perhaps you need to chelate your hair if the water there was mineral-heavy?

Okay so I used a chelating/clarifying shampoo twice, and then an ACV rinse. My hair is feeling more normal now. I plan to trim, and then henna. That should fix it!