PDA

View Full Version : Hair chalk?

Larki
March 14th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Has anyone tried hair chalk? I've been entertaining the idea of coloring a streak or coloring my ends with it, but not sure if it would dry out my hair, or rub off on my clothes, or what if it ends up not washing out like it's supposed to? My hair is blonde, I've heard of temporary colors staying for months to some degree in blonde hair.

HaMalka
March 14th, 2018, 03:07 PM
My sister tried some a while ago. It did not show up very well on her red hair but it washed right out and didn't shed very noticeably but her hair is bob length at the longest. I did my other sisters hair which is medium/dark brown with chalk pastels and set it with hair spray and it was bright and pretty and washed out but before it was sprayed it shed pastel dust all over the place. Neither of them said whether it dried out hair or complained about finding bits of chalk in it later.

krispie
March 14th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I have tried it quite a few times, and it was alright. My hair was really dry and kind of sticky though, but it was pretty. The color got on my clothes, luckily it washes off pretty easy (no stains) and my hair was back to normal right after I washed it :)
I have light/medium brown hair though, but I don't think it would not wash out of your hair :)
Hope this helped somewhat :D

Alissalocks
March 14th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I've had great luck creating streaks of color, even over my hair when it was auburn (haven't tried on black but should soon!) And it absolutely washed out completely. I'm guessing the color dye molecule is nowhere capable of effectively bonding with the proteins in your hair to cause permanent stainage.

I did use artists' chalk though, not cheap kids chalk. I had some pastel chalks given to me and I used them on my hair (I'm like that :laugh: ) way back in 2012.