PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Products? (2018)

nycelle
March 14th, 2018, 12:46 PM
I did a search for favorite products, but the newest thread I found went back to 2015. So thought let's do a new one since products get discontinued, and we find new HG's all the time.

Right now, my only HG products are: Ouai Hair oil. That's it. But it's the best hair oil I have ever used and controls frizz and adds shine like no other.
Unfortunately, I don't have a fave shampoo or conditioner that I absolutely love., so still searching for the "perfect" sulfate free 'poo.

Also very impressed with Alterna's Caviar 10 in 1.
I got it yesterday and tried it immediately. It left my hair very soft, and my ends felt like heaven. I used it today on damp hair, after my wash this morning, and there's a definite difference in my texture.
It may become another HG product but it's still too soon to call it that.

What I don't like, and I should have realized this as I tried it before, is Living Proof restore mask treatment. Lesson learned- next time I say to myself "I don't remember how well it worked," means: it didn't work well. Good thing I can return it.

What about your faves, what are they?

lapushka
March 14th, 2018, 03:25 PM
For stylers?

The Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie.
The Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in.
Eco Styler gel.

As far as shampoo/conditioner, I am using up products, so no real favorites.

Wendyp
March 14th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Organix shampoo, all of them are great. I dilute 80/20. This has made a difference in how my scalp feels.
Nutrogena tripple moisture conditioner, also hello hydration, love the scent, all shea moistures conditioners, and nexus deep conditioner
Thrai scrub from nightblooming, her oils and salves as leave ins, i can use all of them. Also the herb rinse which i only add a little to some diluted water, as its super dooper moisturising. of course ACV and coconut oil.

MoonRabbit
March 14th, 2018, 05:04 PM
dpHUE acv rinse. It's meant to be used for in between wash days but I use it on my length after I shampoo my scalp on wash day. It has a really nice slip and cleans the length without stripping it. It also has argan oil in it so with that and the acv it really makes my hair soft and shiny.

Only problem is the price is way out there, so I try to keep the use as minimal as possible.

Trip
March 14th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Right now im thankful for the ogx tea tree and mint scalp treatment! All of their products are good but my scalp has been out of control extremely dry then extremely greasy and dandruff and this scalp treatment fixed it all my hair feels SO much better.
Also kelapo coconut oil. The price might make it a placebo effect but i swear its so much smoother and nicer than any other coconut oil ive used

MsPharaohMoan
March 14th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Head and shoulders is a godsend for the scalp flakes I started getting about a year or two ago. I have a shea moisture mask that is holy grail too. It's so thick and rich I only need a little. Finally, the tangle teezer has decreased my detangling time from twenty minutes (with a wide tooth comb) to about a minute.

Dark40
March 14th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Shampoo and conditioner. I also love Alberto VO5 volumizing shampoo and conditioner as well. My all-time favorite hair product is Pantene Pro-V.

Jo Ann
March 14th, 2018, 08:50 PM
SM Intense Hydration shampoo and conditioner, HH conditioner, Spring Valley Organic Morroccan Argan Oil Serum (thank you, Wal-Mart!), and L'Oreal's Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm for those days when I'm a very bad girl with my hair :shocked:

lapushka
March 15th, 2018, 10:02 AM
I was going to put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, but it doesn't seem fair as I'm not using it ATM due to me having a "project use-up" this year trying to empty out older things. But the HE HH is one of my favorites of life! Truly it is. It's a shame they don't sell it anywhere in Belgium anymore.

nycelle
March 15th, 2018, 10:11 AM
I was going to put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, but it doesn't seem fair as I'm not using it ATM due to me having a "project use-up" this year trying to empty out older things. But the HE HH is one of my favorites of life! Truly it is. It's a shame they don't sell it anywhere in Belgium anymore.

Try their Argan Oil of Morocco products when you're done with your stash. I loved how they left my hair- hands down some of the best products I have ever tried.
I'll most likely still use the conditioner. Would have stuck to this entire line if the shampoo was sulfate free.

I know they carry it in the UK, but don't know about Belgium.

https://herbalessences.com/en-us/discover-products/collections/argan-oil-of-morocco/argan-oil-of-morocco-shampoo

lapushka
March 15th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Try their Argan Oil of Morocco products when you're done with your stash. I loved how they left my hair- hands down some of the best products I have ever tried.
I'll most likely still use the conditioner. Would have stuck to this entire line if the shampoo was sulfate free.

https://herbalessences.com/en-us/discover-products/collections/argan-oil-of-morocco/argan-oil-of-morocco-shampoo

We can't get those here either; no HE here to be seen anywhere. Not here, and not in my online store in The Netherlands. I don't know why. :shrug:

Dendra
March 15th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Still love my Davines Nounou hair mask and L'Oreal hair expertise pure riche conditioner for dry hair, they make my lengths silky :D

jenni626yz
March 15th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Garnier f ructis one minute masks..love the avocado as a leave in...kinky curly custard all time favorite gel...garnier natural Olive oil shampoo

proo
March 15th, 2018, 03:31 PM
DIY cedar leaf hair rinse

Reservechic
March 15th, 2018, 07:29 PM
Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment
Garner 1 Minute Hair Masques (Damage Repairing Treat and Smooth Treat)
Texture ID Deep Treatment Masque
Texture ID Moisturizing Leave In Conditioner
Texture ID Styling Creme
Nutiva Certified Organic (Refined) Coconut Oil
Nylon Bristle Brush (got from Sally's- it has now replaced my Denman, which used to be by "HG detangling tool of choice")

Dark40
March 16th, 2018, 04:21 PM

I've been wanting to try out the Herbal Essence3s Hello Hydration Conditioner for the longest. Ever since it came out. I am planning on buying some in about 2 weeks from now, and I'm going to give it a try. I do love any type of conditioner from Herbal Essences. Oh, and I also love the way it smells too! It's awesome! Also, the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner is another one of my favorites as well. Since I also color my hair as well.

lapushka
March 16th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I've been wanting to try out the Herbal Essence3s Hello Hydration Conditioner for the longest. Ever since it came out. I am planning on buying some in about 2 weeks from now, and I'm going to give it a try. I do love any type of conditioner from Herbal Essences. Oh, and I also love the way it smells too! It's awesome! Also, the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner is another one of my favorites as well. Since I also color my hair as well.

Do try it out, and come tell us what you think of it! :)

Mlarmour
March 16th, 2018, 05:03 PM
I love the Body Shop ginger shampoo. I’ve been using it for 6 or so years now. I always go back to it, the big bottle lasts forever! I’m not even kidding it takes me the best part of a year to go through the 400ml bottle and I’m a frequent hair washer. I wash somewhere between daily and every 3 days depending on how my chronic illness is doing and how itchy my scalp is.
Conditioner I can take or leave. I’ve never found one I must have. Though the Johnsons Shiny Drops conditioner is currently one of my favourites.

Twig
March 16th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Cleansing conditioner. I love it when I need "just clean enough" hair. I like it in the winter; in summer it just leaves my hair oily.

AutobotsAttack
March 16th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Shea Moisture 100% virgin coconut oil shampoo and conditioner. Super light, extremely moisturizing for my fine hair. Absolutely love it.

For deep conditioners, so far nothing has beat Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship mixed with a bit of coconut oil.

Leave ins, I’ve found this protein panthenol serum by Equate, a few days ago and I’ve completely fallen in love with it. Absolutely love. Not too heavy, and I can use it to seal.

For scalp oiling I like Shea Butter, or coconut oil.

Ophidian
March 16th, 2018, 06:36 PM
For washing: my Indian herb mix is still HG. I've tried a few shampoos recently that I liked pretty well but I keep going back to herbs.

For conditioning: I don't need any if I'm herb washing but I have a stash of Desert Essence Coconut conditioner that I use on my ends sometimes. I would repurchase it, but I don't feel like it's a HG per se, more like a consistently pretty good product (which isn't nothing).

Oils: Coconut (pre-poo), jojoba (post-wash leave-in)

Special treatments: Jason's Dandruff Relief shampoo (sulfur+salicylic acid) has become a necessary part of my routine to keep my scalp healthy. I use it once a week, just around my hairline and the top of my head where I need it, leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse. If I slack off for a few weeks I can tell the difference.

Salwety
March 16th, 2018, 11:09 PM
My trusty olive oil and castor oil, and Pantene silk and sleek conditioner. Pretty simple and I wish I won't change my mind soon as I went crazy and bought 8 bottles of it. It is more than a year worth of conditioner.

Natashap
March 17th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Marc Anthony coconut oil shampoo.

Stray_mind
March 17th, 2018, 02:23 AM
For washing - indola anti dandruff shampoo.. It left my hair soft and my scalp calm
Ecolab shampoo - the smell is Amazing and it softly cleansed my hair and didn't cause any scalp itching, even though it contains 95% natural substances, just like live clean, which i Hate.

For conditioning - ecolab conditioner. Same as the shampoo it left my hair super soft, shiny and nice smelling. No flakes, no itching.

Good ol' organic coconut oil for deep conditioning :)

Other than that, i don't really put anything else in my hair...

nycelle
May 21st, 2018, 09:22 AM
Gonna add a few products that I've been using for two months now and I love.

Conditioners: The entire Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! line (except for the overnight gel). They're sulfate, paraben, phthalates, silicone, DEA and synthetic color, free.
They're also Cruelty free, and their products are 90%-100% naturally derived.

Aside from the above- they work!!! Love this line and it's the first time I've actually stuck to a brand for longer than a few washes. I also love their Rosarco Milk leave-in conditioner.

The downside is the price, they're expensive products.

Cybercat
May 21st, 2018, 09:29 AM
I try to buy my supplies at Sally's beauty now. They carry the BioTera which my hair adores. When I can't get to Sally's I buy VO5 product.

Glitch
May 21st, 2018, 01:15 PM
Currently I love the clarifying shampoo, Neutrogena Anti-Residue, and the conditioner, Nexxus Oil Infinite. My new Tangle Teezer is easily another favorite :)

pili
May 21st, 2018, 01:18 PM
CV Soapnuts Shampoo Bar
Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in
A rotating variety of oils

Dark40
May 22nd, 2018, 02:50 PM

I was going to also put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration too. Awwwwww, that's a shame that you can't no longer get in Belgium anymore. You can purchase it online at Walmart. I get the huge 32oz bottle from Walmart for only $5.46 I think I paid for it but you do have to have a credit card to have it shipped to where you live.

lapushka
May 22nd, 2018, 03:00 PM
I was going to also put down the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration too. Awwwwww, that's a shame that you can't no longer get in Belgium anymore. You can purchase it online at Walmart. I get the huge 32oz bottle from Walmart for only $5.46 I think I paid for it but you do have to have a credit card to have it shipped to where you live.

Yeah, I think I'm perfectly content using things up right now. And my eyes have truly been opened to other things that can work. As I no longer use a WT comb to detangle but switched to the Wet brush, a deeply moisturizing conditioner such as this one isn't exactly necessary anymore. So I'm OK with it no longer being available. I'll use up my stash and call it a day. :)

cathair
May 22nd, 2018, 03:14 PM

The gluten free claims on HE at the moment crack me up, especially when they announce it in adverts. I'm gluten intolerant, but like that would matter in a shampoo! Unless I am missing something...

I'm still using Ultimate Blends honey treasures, but I am falling out of love with it at the moment :( My hair feels rough and tangly without a ton of coconut oil pre-poo. It never was before. Clarifying/chelating did not help. So I guess I will be watching this thread with interest :)

nycelle
May 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
The gluten free claims on HE at the moment crack me up, especially when they announce it in adverts. I'm gluten intolerant, but like that would matter in a shampoo! Unless I am missing something...

I'm still using Ultimate Blends honey treasures, but I am falling out of love with it at the moment :( My hair feels rough and tangly without a ton of coconut oil pre-poo. It never was before. Clarifying/chelating did not help. So I guess I will be watching this thread with interest :)

Yeah.. I noticed that too. I think they just look for things their products don't contain and mention it these days..lol.

It's still my favorite drug store shampoo and conditioner, but I'm sulfate and silicone free for now so haven't used it in a while.

Queenofpigeons
May 23rd, 2018, 01:22 AM
I love Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist. It makes a huge difference for me and nothing else is really as good.

I also really like the Nightblooming oils I’ve tried and I’m waiting on two more. They have also made a pretty big difference in a short amount of time.

I kind of have to use head and shoulders for my scalp and it’s more drying than I like for the length of my hair so I like anything that protects my hair and adds moisture back!

TreesOfEternity
May 23rd, 2018, 09:52 AM

Conditioners: The entire Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! line (except for the overnight gel). They're sulfate, paraben, phthalates, silicone, DEA and synthetic color, free.

Aside from the above- they work!!! Love this line and it's the first time I've actually stuck to a brand for longer than a few washes. I also love their Rosarco Milk leave-in conditioner.

I'd love to try those products, the price does put me off a little bit but that mask and leave in must do wonders.

enting
May 23rd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Hello Hydration conditioner does wonders for my hair! Too bad they don't sell it where I live, I used it on vacation this year.

nycelle
May 23rd, 2018, 02:12 PM
I'd love to try those products, the price does put me off a little bit but that mask and leave in must do wonders.

If you have good hair, and based on your pic, it looks like you have gorgeous, shiny, healthy hair, you won't notice a difference.
Mine is dry with some environmental damage, so for me, there's definite improvement. But if my hair was healthy, I wouldn't spend the money.

TreesOfEternity
May 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
If you have good hair, and based on your pic, it looks like you have gorgeous, shiny, healthy hair, you won't notice a difference.
Mine is dry with some environmental damage, so for me, there's definite improvement. But if my hair was healthy, I wouldn't spend the money.

Thanks for the advice! My current DT are shea moisture’s masks, not specially cheap either but they are worth it and a little goes a long way in thin hair.

Katia_k
May 23rd, 2018, 08:44 PM

So hopefully I'm not outing my stash, (kidding), and hopefully buying not from a real store doesn't backfire on me, but on a whim I looked for them on eBay. Looking for listings that specifically said "sealed", and they're on there, for $20 or less. So if you're in the mood to take a risk (I decided to because I have no self control), that's a source.

I picked up the Don't Despair DT, and one cap for the treatment system. There were bigger packs I'm just broke and thought I'd give it a shot with one first.

nycelle
May 24th, 2018, 07:06 AM
I checked eBay after you posted, and I saw some people selling them in single packs as opposed to the entire package.
I think it's fine.

Katia_k
May 24th, 2018, 08:37 AM
^At least there's a chance more people will put up full packs in future.

nycelle
May 24th, 2018, 09:08 AM
^At least there's a chance more people will put up full packs in future.

There's a few of them up for sale.

Just want you to remember that it's a cumulative effect. You may not notice a big difference after one treatment, I didn't. But I've been using them for two months now (once a week) and the difference is huge.

Dark40
June 1st, 2018, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I think I'm perfectly content using things up right now. And my eyes have truly been opened to other things that can work. As I no longer use a WT comb to detangle but switched to the Wet brush, a deeply moisturizing conditioner such as this one isn't exactly necessary anymore. So I'm OK with it no longer being available. I'll use up my stash and call it a day. :)

Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm also trying to use up my stash as well right now. Hummm, you don't use a WT comb anymore? Oh, ok. Whichever works best for you if it's the Wet brush. I have heard of people using that on youtube. Well, I'm glad to hear that a deeply moisturizing conditioner like this one isn't necessary anymore. But i know whatcha mean about using up that stash and calling it a day. :)

elsiedeluxe
June 2nd, 2018, 06:50 AM
My favorite products are Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive Conditioner, and Nourish Organic Replenishing Argan Oil. I use them both daily or almost daily, and I love them both, to the point where I would probably get a little freaked out if either one disappeared from the shelves. The conditioner is for CO-washing, and the oil is for dry tangly ends that happen when I'm stretching washes.

I also use a Shea Moisture mask for deep conditioning and a SLS-free shampoo about two or three times a month, but it doesn't really matter which one I use for those two. Right now I'm using the Black Castor Oil one for deep conditioning, and most often a discontinued Acure shampoo, but there's a Burt's Bees baby shampoo that seems to be about as gentle and the results are the same. I use shampoo so infrequently that it doesn't seem to matter what I'm using, as long as it's SLS-free.

pili
June 2nd, 2018, 08:42 AM

Actually, my son is a celiac and he would have to use certified gluten free products. Otherwise he would have a severe reaction. He cannot eat it, breath it, or touch it. Otherwise he ends up with diarrhea. Your skin absorbs things you know. You may be able to tolerate it since you are only intolerant, but he would be hurting.

Arciela
June 2nd, 2018, 09:07 AM
My favorite stuff to use is Suave Clarifying Conditioner to cowash, Yes to Carrots for condtioner. :)

I've been trying to use up all the other products I bought though from when I bleached my hair over a year ago..got a long way to go still x.x But those 2 are the ones my hair likes the most so far!

cathair
June 3rd, 2018, 04:03 PM
Actually, my son is a celiac and he would have to use certified gluten free products. Otherwise he would have a severe reaction. He cannot eat it, breath it, or touch it. Otherwise he ends up with diarrhea. Your skin absorbs things you know. You may be able to tolerate it since you are only intolerant, but he would be hurting.

I'm sorry to hear that, that must be awful for him. Is gluten in hair products a common problem?

Sarez
June 3rd, 2018, 08:27 PM
Ultra organics Clear Henna Wax. It is amazing as a conditioner on my ends. Continued use over the last three months negates the need to oil my ends between washes; it is that moisturizing.

Dark40
June 10th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Another product that is my favorite this year is Garnier Fructis Sleek&Shine Anti-Frizz Control Milk
Garnier Fructis Sleek&Shine Anti-Frizz Control Conditioning Cream
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Conditioner

littlestarface
June 10th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I did a search for favorite products, but the newest thread I found went back to 2015. So thought let's do a new one since products get discontinued, and we find new HG's all the time.

Right now, my only HG products are: Ouai Hair oil. That's it. But it's the best hair oil I have ever used and controls frizz and adds shine like no other.
Unfortunately, I don't have a fave shampoo or conditioner that I absolutely love., so still searching for the "perfect" sulfate free 'poo.

Also very impressed with Alterna's Caviar 10 in 1.
I got it yesterday and tried it immediately. It left my hair very soft, and my ends felt like heaven. I used it today on damp hair, after my wash this morning, and there's a definite difference in my texture.
It may become another HG product but it's still too soon to call it that.

What I don't like, and I should have realized this as I tried it before, is Living Proof restore mask treatment. Lesson learned- next time I say to myself "I don't remember how well it worked," means: it didn't work well. Good thing I can return it.

What about your faves, what are they?

Is the ouai one the rose oil for skin and hair? I want to try that one so bad.

My favorites are CHI black seed oil line greatest ever and the Kinky Kurly Knot today and their custard.

nycelle
June 10th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Is the ouai one the rose oil for skin and hair? I want to try that one so bad.

My favorites are CHI black seed oil line greatest ever and the Kinky Kurly Knot today and their custard.

Yes, Ouai makes a rose oil.. never tried it, so if you do, let me know how you like it.

But their hair oil is the best I have ever used. Not greasy, can be used every day, and gets rid of frizz for hours. Too bad it has a cone, but I'm still so tempted to go back to it.

Milkchocolate
June 15th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I’ve been a Mane n Tail girl for 10 years already. I’m so loyal to that shampoo, it does everything I’ve ever needed; deep cleans but still keeps my hair plump and bouncy. A few of my friends said it was to drying/ harsh, but i.m.o it shouldn’t be for daily use, and absolutely always needs to be followed by a deep conditioner (Aussie 3 minute moisture ☺️💕). I’m curious to see if there’s any other kind of horse mane/ human friendly shampoos out there :)

ExpectoPatronum
June 15th, 2018, 08:27 AM
I have three that I've been loving this year.

-Not Your Mother's Naturals SLS-free shampoo for curly hair: Currently on my second bottle and the first one took me...9 months? to go through. I don't use this every wash, and sometimes I mix it with my Devacurl no-poo, but it smells lovely and does a very good job at getting my scalp clean without being stripping. It has a decent lather too. I love this stuff and have no desire to try anything else in the shampoo department anymore.
-Mixed Chicks leave-in: I like that I can use this as a leave-in and as a way to refresh my curls. It's pricey, but I only use a quarter-size as a leave-in and less to refresh. It can be potent stuff! It has good slip too (It is NOT cone-free).
-DevaCurl ArcAngel: I fall in and out of use with my devacurl products depending on my hair's need, but ArcAngel seems to always be a constant. Like the Mixed Chicks, I really don't need to use a lot - maybe a couple quarter-size amount total. I don't use it to refresh either but it's been a good gel for me. Leaves my hair shiny and defined. There's a bit of crunch at first but it goes away after scrunching. I've never minded having to SOTC, but I know some people do. Recently picked up a bottle at Ulta for 50% off so I'm set for a while :)
Honorable mention goes to Palmer's Moisturizing Hair Oil: It's not a "pure" oil like plain coconut oil or anything, but it smells like mint chocolate!!! I like to put a little of this into my hair at night, then I'll usually braid it, and in the morning my hair has soaked it all up and feels very soft.

toastmouse
June 15th, 2018, 02:42 PM
-Suma Clear and Simple unscented shampoo. Have used this for years now, it's my HG shampoo. It's pretty strong (for me?) so I have to be careful to use only a small amount and to lather it in my hands first, but that means a bottle lasts a really long time :D. And used that way I find it's gentler than the sulfate-free shampoos I've tried.
-Pure Nuff Stuff unscented conditioner. Only started using this in the last few months but I love it, it's the only cone free and "natural" conditioner that's ever worked for me. Will be interesting to see if it still works as my hair gets longer..

Groovy Granny
June 15th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Joico Moisture S&C

Joico Chelating/clarifying Shampoo

K-PAK Intense Hydration COnditioner

Tranquil Rose Massage Oil
Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rose Absolute, Rosemary Extract and Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E) (from soy)
https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-300927-now-foods-massage-oil-tranquil-rose-8-fl-oz?redirect=1

Rosewater & Glycerin

Biosilk Lite Serum

mrsmushroom
July 21st, 2018, 06:57 PM
Lush's sea salt shampoo bar, avo-cowash and dry shampoo powder are my favorite and only products i use <3

sophia_
July 21st, 2018, 09:27 PM
I'm a bit embarrassed because I use so many :), my favorite shampoo is the ogx teatree and mint shampoo, one of the few cone-free ones. I mix three conditioners because I've recently switched to CWC, so I use the Renpure biotin conditioner before washing, and the Macadamia deep repair mask mixed with the Pacifica coconut super power mask. I use avocado oil mixed with lavender oil while my hair is still wet, it makes my hair so much softer than any other oil! I've also been loving the shine and smoothness I get from the ogx argan dry oil spray!

Katsura
July 22nd, 2018, 06:09 AM
I still like washing my hair occasionally with Lacto Line (SLES), my favourite shampoo is Oliivi (Sulphate free, paraben free), my favourite balsam and leave-in-conditioner are Oliivi too. All are products of Finnish Lifehair and their all products are vegan and animal cruelty free.

nycelle
July 22nd, 2018, 07:17 AM
A couple of weeks after starting this thread I went -cone free (was already sulfate free) and changed up my 'poo/conditioner, and leave-ins.
Then I started co-washing a few weeks ago so currently not using any shampoos.

With all the changes in products and routines, the two consistent things I've been using is my Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning mask, and my Briogeo Rosarco Milk leave-in conditioning spray.
Any product that I consecutively use for this long is a favorite.

For those that care, Briogeo products are all: "sulfate, paraben, phthalate, silicone, DEA, synthetic color and cruelty-free.
Also, all products are 90 to 100 percent naturally derived, and packaged in bottles that are both recycled and recyclable" <--- directly from their site.

I think they're a great company with awesome products.

JeniBear
July 22nd, 2018, 07:30 AM
For shampoo and conditioner I use the Pureology Hydrate line. It’s super concentrated so I use a very small amount.

For stylers I use the Pureology Air dry lotion. I absolutely love this stuff. Controls my 1c/2a hair.

The only con is price. These are expensive, but with it being concentrated the bottle lasts me a very long time. It’s also 100% vegan :)

JeniBear
July 22nd, 2018, 07:31 AM
Lush's sea salt shampoo bar, avo-cowash and dry shampoo powder are my favorite and only products i use <3

Do you use the co-wash as a conditioner? I’ve been super curious about lush hair products!

lapushka
July 22nd, 2018, 07:52 AM
I am using a lot of stuff up. I still have not found a good replacement so far this year for the HE Hello Hydration conditioner. I know my Schwarzkopf white bottle (anti-tangle) conditioner and the Garnier Ultra Doux olive one come close, veeery close, but in my project-use-it-up of this year I haven't yet found a good replacement!

lapushka
July 22nd, 2018, 07:53 AM
Do you use the co-wash as a conditioner? I’ve been super curious about lush hair products!

Lush has a lot (ton) of sulfates in their hair care, so beware. If you knew that, then carry on. ;)

eresh
July 22nd, 2018, 08:13 AM
I switched last year from Inecto coconut to Andrelon coconut shampoo and conditioner.
No cones but with sles.

Milkchocolate
July 22nd, 2018, 08:22 AM
1.Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque-
Before joining this thread I didn’t even realize what hair needing protein meant. My hair felt dry, stringy, with limp ends. I began masking and it truly helped my hair! It looks and feels amazing. The JBCOM helped my hair feel stronger, moisturized, thicker, and overall restored to that soft and healthy state that I’ve been lacking for a bit.

2. Hask Argan Oil Treatment-
Thank you to the ladies of LHC, many of you guys mentioned that Hask had amazing products. I picked up the little tube of the HAOT, used it on the ends of my hair which prior to this, were so prickly and dry. But this little argan oil really helped moisturize my ends and smooth out the split ends while adding luster. It’s so amazing!

3. Neutrogena Anti-residue Shampoo-
before Ieven joining forum , I really didn’t pay any mind to clarifying shampoo. I tried it and after one wash, my hair felt sooo nice! It’s as if my hair re-started itself. It felt so soft and clean. That oily film that I felt was on my scalp disappeared. I also felt that my other product “grabbed better” afterwards, if that makes any sense

4. Hask Dry Shampoos-
For a long while I only used Batiste. I read some reviews on HDS and I now own the volumizing Chia seed one and the Charcoal version. They are both really great!! I can’t decide which one I like better they make my hair feel thicker and fuller without that film that Batiste sometimes leaves me. I’m in love!

JeniBear
July 22nd, 2018, 11:13 AM
Lush has a lot (ton) of sulfates in their hair care, so beware. If you knew that, then carry on. ;)

I have done a bit of research on their ingredients, hence why I haven’t taken the plunge quite yet lol I’m just curious if someone has actually grown out their hair with Lush. I’m very curious as to the long term hair effects. Thanks for the heads up though:)

chiapommama
July 22nd, 2018, 01:54 PM
So far I've been enjoying:

Shea Moisture JBCO shampoo and JBCO leave in conditioner.

Showerhead with built-in filter.

Vo5 for co washing.

Vinegar rinses.

Obsidian
July 24th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Living clean fresh water shampoo: really liking this sulfate free shampoo, probably the best I've used. Cleans almost as well as a sulfate shampoo and smells nice. I have the matching conditioner, it's ok but nothing to get excited over.

Acure pumpkin and argan conditioner: this is a really nice cone free. Gives plenty of slip and doesn't weigh down my finicky hair. Smells amazing. The matching poo is pretty good too but I prefer the living clean.

Suave daily clarifying shampoo. Basic oil/cone free sulfate shampoo for those days you need extra cleansing. It can't be beat

Kirkland moisture shampoo. Another sulfate free poo but this one has cones so it can build up some after a time. I usually don't need to use conditioner with this one. Will be going back to this once my other sulfate free stuff is gone.

Honorable mentions:
sauve waterfall mist conditioner, cone free and so far non irritating to my SD. Only suave cond that doesn't make my hair feel waxy. Great for rinsing out henna.

Garnier delicate oat conditioner, has cones but its low in the ingredient list.very lightweight, almost too much so. The best smelling hair product I've used. Going to try it with the Kirkland shampoo, should be a good combo

Lilac Ghostpops
July 24th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Cant live without Yes To Cucumber Conditioner for CO washing!

lapushka
July 24th, 2018, 05:31 AM
I have done a bit of research on their ingredients, hence why I haven’t taken the plunge quite yet lol I’m just curious if someone has actually grown out their hair with Lush. I’m very curious as to the long term hair effects. Thanks for the heads up though:)

I believe Loepsie from the likewise named YT channel in her late teens used the shampoo bars from Lush and started suddenly randomly it seemed losing her hair. It thinned out about 1/3 to half, then she switched to a no sulfate shampoo and it got immediately better. She is back to using sulfates now, but "regular" ones from the drugstore and she hasn't had problems since.

Not saying it was Lush, but I'd be careful. They put even more sulfates in there than regular drugstore shampoos. It's even in their conditioners, so be careful!

And I am a big sulfate user on top of it all, so I'm not just bashing it just because I hate sulfates.

gustavonut
July 24th, 2018, 08:36 AM
My all time favorite shampoo is suave clarifying in small amounts and diluted in a squirt bottle.
I also love ACV because it makes my hair super shiny and easier to detangle.
Favorite brush is tangle teezer
Favorite oil is coconut or avocado.
Favorite hairtoy is a scrunchie.

Reservechic
July 24th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Current faves:

As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
CurlMix Flaxseed Styling Gel

LittleHealthy
July 25th, 2018, 05:46 PM

I don’t know much about Lush (no stores near to me) but I find it sooo interesting that they use a lot of sulphates. My first thought of a company like that would be that they would try to be the other way around (for hair and skin care).

RosieFleurNuit
July 26th, 2018, 06:54 PM
I just started using Shea Moisture shampoos and conditioners & love them! I like to switch up my shampoos and conditioners a lot, so I'm not going to list any single scent/formula, but my fave brands in the past have been (and still are) Matrix Biolage and Caviar. Because of costs, I alternate with Swave, Pantene, and Herbal Essences which I enjoy too.

Belle03
August 4th, 2018, 05:19 PM
I love: "As I Am" hydration elation deep conditioner, "It's a 10" leave in conditioner spray, & "Tresemme" heat protectant spray.

BrightEyes
August 4th, 2018, 05:42 PM
My favorite products are:

Pureology Hydrate shampoo
Pureology Hydrate Conditioner
Pureology 21 Benefits leave-in conditioner
Nightblooming Panacea (just on ends)
DermOrganic serum

It's a lot, but I'm growing out some bleach damage. So I feel I need to pamper my hair a bit. My hair is happiest with them.

AutobotsAttack
August 4th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Shea Moisture JBCO
Elizavecca Milky Piggy Collagen Coating Protein
Garnier Moroccan Argan oil serum (Love!)

I have quite a few more but these are what I have been using lately.

Joyful Mystery
August 6th, 2018, 10:27 AM

I'm currently using Avalon Organics Cucumber. It's certified GF and I find it a pretty decent shampoo. I haven't tried the matching conditioner.

Dark40
August 11th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I'm currently using Avalon Organics Cucumber. It's certified GF and I find it a pretty decent shampoo. I haven't tried the matching conditioner.

Hi Joyful Mystery! I've noticed in your profile photo your hair has grown longer. Congratulations on your new milestone!! :) I haven't seen you on here in a long while. Welcome back! :)

JennGalt
August 11th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Cantu Complete Conditioning Co-wash. Bought it for my husband, who didn't like it because it defined his 2c/3a curls and wurls more than he's accustomed to, but now it's mine. It actually straightens my hair a bit, does a good job of removing build up, and my hair feels moisturized and not stripped afterward.

Ylva
August 12th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Natura Siberica Oblepikha Intensive Hydration Shampoo
Mother Nature's Goodies Organic Shampoo Base
Mother Nature's Goodies Organic Conditioner Base
O'Herbal Dry & Damaged Hair Flax Extract Hair Mask
Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Olaplex

Natashap
August 12th, 2018, 11:16 PM
Nivea Protect and care for men (3 in 1) ...with aloe ,use it as shampoo....helps my tangles.

psyc2321
August 13th, 2018, 01:34 AM
I'm not loyal to any one shampoo - I use so little that it's never seemed to make a huge difference for me (scalp only, diluted), so I just watch out for humectants and allergens and otherwise buy whatever's on special. But I have four bottles of HE Hello Hydration laid in from the last time it was half price :lol:

I'm also that girl who recommends coconut oil, ACV rinses and tangle teezers to anyone who asks (or sometimes even people who didn't ask :whistle:)

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
August 13th, 2018, 06:14 AM
I've been loving the Cantu leave-in conditioning cream. It works well with my hair and smells like a pina colada.
I'm also digging the tsubaki conditioner (the red one- "extra moist" I think it's called).

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 07:10 AM
nycelle, you're big on Briogeo, right? Is there one product from the range you'd recommend over the others? Just curious and to see if ever I get a product by them (I might be swayed one way or the other), what to get. But my stash has to dwindle down some first. ;)

nycelle
August 13th, 2018, 09:17 AM
nycelle, you're big on Briogeo, right? Is there one product from the range you'd recommend over the others? Just curious and to see if ever I get a product by them (I might be swayed one way or the other), what to get. But my stash has to dwindle down some first. ;)

Sorry for the lengthy post:

Yes, they're my only staple since I started using them.
I think you know by now I'm a product junkie that's constantly trying new things, but a Briogeo conditioner is always in my line-up.

For a recommendation, it really depends on what you want it to do.

If it's strictly to condition for moisture, then the Rosarco Milk leave-in spray, or the Rosarco milk conditioner are TDF.
I use the spray after every wash, and in between when I want a moisture boost. No protein so my hair loves it.

The Rosarco conditioner is very rich, and will be wonderful in the winter when I need extra moisture (I'm cowashing now with a light conditioner, so between the cowash and the Rosarco milk leave-in, I don't need anything more moisturizing.)

The Rosarco oil is TDF, especially for thick, curly, or coily hair. It will make your hair ridiculously soft and shiny, and has great slip.
I use less than a drop for shine and that's enough. But I don't know if I'd recommend it for fine hair, or thinner density hair. It's beautiful oil though- really does what they say it does. But their descriptions of all their products are pretty spot on. This company does not lie.

For damaged hair, the Don't Despair, Repair! line is awesome. But, you need to give a chance. I needed to do about a months worth of deep conditioning treatments (I did them weekly) to see the difference. But wow, what a huge difference there was. Got rid of most of my frizz, and kept the damaged areas from breaking. The Don't Despair, Repair! cap system is my favorite, followed by the normal mask. The overnight gel is bleh.. but I've only tried it once, maybe I didn't use enough.

Also have their Be Gentle, Be Kind Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood shampoo, and their Be Gentle, Be Kind Kale + Apple Replenishing Superfood conditioner.

I used the shampoo a few days after I clarified because I didn't feel my clarifying 'poo got rid of the sticky mess a crappy conditioner caused (Divine Curls- stay away.. horrible stuff).
It definitely got rid of whatever was left, and between the shampoo and the matching conditioner, left my hair very clean and soft. But, the conditioner has glycerin listed as the first ingredient. I think it's too much for me with the weather we're having, as it left my hair frizzier than it's been in awhile. So the conditioner is not something I'll be using this summer.

So those are my "reviews" of the products I've tried.

Sephora is having it's "Insider Sale" starting August 24th for Rouge members (me..lol). It's 20% off everything so I'll be stocking up on the Rosarco line, and Don't Despair, Repair! I'm also going to be trying something new, the scalp exfoliating treatment. I'm really excited about this one!

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 09:56 AM
nycelle, that's quite all right. I appreciate the time & effort it took to write back!

Hmmm, if ever I try something it would have to be a styler, I think (so the leave-in?). Or the mask. Oooh that oil sounds nice, though!

I have heard good things about the scalp exfoliator, if that helps you decide. It was all over YT a while ago. Yes "sent to them" but supposedly honest opinions. Depends on who you watch, IMO. But it is unique!

nycelle
August 13th, 2018, 10:04 AM
nycelle, that's quite all right. I appreciate the time & effort it took to write back!

Hmmm, if ever I try something it would have to be a styler, I think (so the leave-in?). Or the mask. Oooh that oil sounds nice, though!

I have heard good things about the scalp exfoliator, if that helps you decide. It was all over YT a while ago. Yes "sent to them" but supposedly honest opinions. Depends on who you watch, IMO. But it is unique!

No problem.

As far as stylers go, I don't really think they have any other than a gel, and a curl defining leave-in creme from their Curl Charisma line. I haven't tried either, and not sure if I will as they have too many proteins in the top ingredients for me. Don't think my hair can handle it.

But here are the links if you're interested: Curl Charisma Leave-in (https://briogeohair.com/products/curl-charisma-leave-in) and the Curl Charisma Gel (https://briogeohair.com/products/curl-charisma-rice-amino-quinoa-frizz-control-gel-1)

renia22
August 13th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Here are a few products that I’ve been using and really like:

Biolage Hydrasource Aloe Dewy Moisture Mist
Aveda Invati Scalp Revitalizer
Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Clarifying Rinse
Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
Beautiful Nutrition Grapefruit Detox Shine Repair Serum

https://preview.ibb.co/iqsmap/6_CA0490_D_41_F6_4_C0_D_A92_F_3_FDA4_E814_E46.jpg (https://ibb.co/gHGCFp)

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 10:29 AM
No problem.

As far as stylers go, I don't really think they have any other than a gel, and a curl defining leave-in creme from their Curl Charisma line. I haven't tried either, and not sure if I will as they have too many proteins in the top ingredients for me. Don't think my hair can handle it.

But here are the links if you're interested: Curl Charisma Leave-in (https://briogeohair.com/products/curl-charisma-leave-in) and the Curl Charisma Gel (https://briogeohair.com/products/curl-charisma-rice-amino-quinoa-frizz-control-gel-1)

Thank you SO much for those links!!! <mwah> You're a gem! :D Off to check them out!

ETA those two girls I follow on YT.

India Batson (the blonde) and BiancaReneeToday (the coilier girl).

Dark40
August 13th, 2018, 11:38 AM
I've been loving the Aussie Mega Moist product line
Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Shampoo and Conditioner
Clairol Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner

nycelle
August 13th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Thank you SO much for those links!!! <mwah> You're a gem! :D Off to check them out!

ETA those two girls I follow on YT.

India Batson (the blonde) and BiancaReneeToday (the coilier girl).

Sure :)
Oh, just in case you missed it- I was told Rosarco stands for Rosehip, Argen, Coconut oil. Those ingredients are generally in the first 7. So if someone has issues with any of those oils, that may be something to consider.
I'm not a fan of coconut oil, but I love it in this line, it just works- much better than stand alone coconut oil, and there's no crunch.

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 02:46 PM
That's good to know! I also can't do coconut oil, but this might be fine then. Oh well, it will be a while before I can get a chance to try them, I am making myself go through what I got here (plenty, trust me).

Thanks again, nycelle, I appreciate it! :flower:

Natalia_A00
August 14th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I use a Mythic Oil Mask from L'Oreal for normal and thin hair, and I love it. Works very well for my hair

Sparkles122
January 29th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Biolage hydrasource shampoo is my long time favorite. Next is the Pantene sheer volume shampoo

Dark40
January 29th, 2019, 08:40 PM
I can also put down Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner as well. Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream, and Garnier Fructis Hair Smoothing Mask. Also, my Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion.

Copasetic
January 30th, 2019, 06:54 AM
I bought a trial pack of the Living Proof PHD line at the end of 2018 and it is my absolute holy grail forever. So glad I found it. It turned me (former flat iron addict) into someone who can wash-and-go :)