PDA

View Full Version : Blow-drying hair while wearing a shirt.

Margarita
March 12th, 2018, 06:32 AM
My hair takes hours till they dry completely, and there are times i shower at night so i dont like sleeping with wet hair and i thinked something. If i cover my hair with a shirt(t-shirt, long-sleeved, whatever) would be clever to blow-dry my hair without any damage?

gustavonut
March 12th, 2018, 06:35 AM
I use a blow dryer on low heat with a large diffuser and still use heat protectant + serum. But it’s good to dry in a t shirt before blow drying so it goes by quicker. I have damage but it isn’t from blow drying specifically.

Margarita
March 12th, 2018, 06:53 AM
I meant while having my hair covered by a shirt, then get the blow-dryer and start drying.

lapushka
March 12th, 2018, 08:16 AM
I don't think it's a good idea, no.

Dryers / diffusers can be used on cool/warm without fear of damage.

Margarita
March 12th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Not a good idea? I guess even the low temperature will "melt" the cloth?

chomsky
March 12th, 2018, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't. It would take forever to dry, requiring more heat exposure, and drying a wet shirt on a low heat might make it smell a bit damp. That's not a good hair smell.

Just blow dry on cool/warm, your hair should be fine. If you notice any heat damage, then stop. :o

lapushka
March 12th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Not a good idea? I guess even the low temperature will "melt" the cloth?

No a low temperature will not "melt" the cloth.

Honestly, blow drying responsibly is perfectly fine. Nothing to worry about! The t-shirt is just not a good idea. You will end up drying the shirt but not the hair underneath.

Corvana
March 12th, 2018, 11:16 PM
There's really no need for the shirt. It wouldn't protect your hair from the heat at all, and all it would do it make your hair take longer to dry. Use the shirt to get a bunch of the water from your hair, and then blow dry on low or cool after if you'd like.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 13th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Keep the blow drier on cold or warm, keep the drier moving, and it will be fine. You don't need the shirt.

https://youtu.be/pyTvjC0H6fo

spidermom
March 13th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Exactly - you don't need the shirt. I think it would take a loooooooooooong time to dry hair that way, if you could even dry the underside with a shirt over the top.

Margarita
March 13th, 2018, 07:07 AM
I see, im just afraid of heat(lol) so i was curious if its possible to blow-dry my hair while its covered.

Arctic
March 13th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Maybe you would like a bonnet attachment for your dryer.