PDA

View Full Version : Oily bangs solution

Margarita
March 9th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Hello, i have bangs for a quite long time but an issue keeps me wondering what i can do about the oiliness my bangs get. I wash my bangs almost everyday and i dont want to, its not like if it will get damaged but its like it gets oily again. I thinked about buying a dry shampoo but i know they're quite a bit expensive and i dont want to give too much money on products. Any ideas?

Arctic
March 9th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I guess you already outlined the solutions: washing the bangs or dry shampoo. The latter shouldn't be too expensive, if you only use it on this small area. A bottle will last a long time I'm sure.

A third option would be some sort of styling on the oily day: braid the bangs, pin them, set them on finger waves, poof them, push them back with a headband or a scarf.

And when all else fails, hats can be nice! :D

Margarita
March 9th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Hmmmm, i was also thinking adding some mousse on my bangs roots to "hold" the oiliness. You know what, i dont want to wash everyday the bangs because that makes the hair dye to fade little by little. I use an organic permanent hair dye.

Obsidian
March 9th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Maybe try a little arrowroot powder. It's white but mostly disappears in dark hair.

Margarita
March 9th, 2018, 02:10 PM
I see, i'll try it if so.

Trip
March 9th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I use arrowroot powder mixed w/ cocoa powder as a dry shampoo the cocoa powder is just to counteract the whitenessits very cheap n natural products so
Indont ise it much now but it worked reslly well

StartingFrom0
March 10th, 2018, 04:08 AM
I have bangs and the same problem with you. I only have 2 things to say : OILY FOREHEAD. The oil on your skin is being absorbed by your hair.
This stopped when I started washing my face day and night.

Lady Stardust
March 10th, 2018, 05:00 AM
I have bangs and the same problem with you. I only have 2 things to say : OILY FOREHEAD. The oil on your skin is being absorbed by your hair.
This stopped when I started washing my face day and night.

It's just occurred to me that my fringe stopped getting oily when I stopped applying moisturiser to my forehead.

embee
March 10th, 2018, 05:00 AM
Oily forehead was my problem also when I had bangs. Washing my face morning and night helped, but I found it also helped to wash the bangs. However, that was not a big deal, I just washed them when I did my face, using the soap.

Chiquita Banana
March 10th, 2018, 07:16 AM
I use arrowroot powder mixed w/ cocoa powder as a dry shampoo the cocoa powder is just to counteract the whitenessits very cheap n natural products so
Indont ise it much now but it worked reslly well

This. I just posted my routine and recipe for a dry shampoo for dark hair in a dry shampoo thread just above this one! It's cheap, natural and very effective.

lapushka
March 10th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Hello, i have bangs for a quite long time but an issue keeps me wondering what i can do about the oiliness my bangs get. I wash my bangs almost everyday and i dont want to, its not like if it will get damaged but its like it gets oily again. I thinked about buying a dry shampoo but i know they're quite a bit expensive and i dont want to give too much money on products. Any ideas?

Maybe think of growing them out? Has that ever occurred or appealed to you?

I think either washing them every day or a dry shampoo, or growing them out. I think other than that there is fairly little you can do.

unheardletters
March 10th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Washing my forehead several times a day and using blotting paper on the forehead and hairline in between washings really helped me when I had oily bangs. My bangs can go a week between washes.

Upside Down
March 10th, 2018, 01:07 PM
I agree with everyone who said oily forehead can add to the issue.

Also with washing bangs daily you get overproduction of sebum from scalp too. So stretch washes too. Can you maybe twist them up and off the face on day 2-3?