PDA

View Full Version : Curving the ends under (C Curls) and Clippers Blunt Cut

yahirwaO.o
March 8th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Hey guys,

Lately I've watching pictures of some worthy ends curved in, this is mostly for people with straighter maybe even wavy hair. I've seen people with incredibly thick blunt ends (From bobs to no more than BSL) that has the effect naturally.

In my case is only after a trim and last no more than a week, but I feel pretty inspire to attempt it more cause it gives that straight subtle touch still healthy bouncy look without it being extremely thin at the bottom (Fine hair struggles)

I wanted to know your experiences about it and if there is a safe way of heatless way to get it. (Even Im not scared of flat iron from time to time I'd like to know other options cause im growing it healthy)

This is what I kinda want as soon as I reach Chest Length

https://beautyundercoverproduction.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/images/000/002/650/original/Texture-Control-with-C-Curls.jpg?1472719111

Also speaking about blunt hems, I wanted to ask about Clippers Trim. It gives that super square healthy look that I like but I need actual experiences from the LHC Community (split ends is what comes to my mind)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKpEh8d9gI

Lady Stardust
March 9th, 2018, 03:20 AM
I don't know if I could curl my ends under when it's longer because of the extra weight and because it would rest on my body. When it's bob length I've either done it using a brush and no heat, or by just clamping sections of the ends between my fingers and putting them in the C shape. My hair wants to curl in or out naturally so it's not too hard to manipulate.

Cluppers = splits as far as I know. My hairdresser used them to create that edge once (before I was growing my hair!) and I couldn't notice much difference in how it looked to a normal cut. That is, a normal cut from my hairdresser - she is incredibly precise and a perfectionist so her blunt cuts are very blunt indeed :-)

nycelle
March 9th, 2018, 07:05 AM
The C curl is interesting.. a perm only for the ends. But if you hair takes a curl, it's so easy to do it on your own with curlers, or a blow dryer (if you use heat.)
Plus, I wouldn't want to commit to a perm.

I've never had a clipper cut, but if it's anything like a razor cut, then yes, a ton of split ends.

lapushka
March 9th, 2018, 08:19 AM
I think that's a look that can only be gotten from styling. No way even 1 hair will fall nicely along the entire hemline just out of itself, not even when it's been cut "right". It just doesn't happen.

So if you are wanting to cut because of that, don't.

lucid
March 9th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I think that's a look that can only be gotten from styling. No way even 1 hair will fall nicely along the entire hemline just out of itself, not even when it's been cut "right". It just doesn't happen.

Totally agree with this. My hair is straight no matter what. I have to style it to actually get wave or curl. No cut could ever do that by itself.

yahirwaO.o
March 10th, 2018, 09:10 PM
I don't know if I could curl my ends under when it's longer because of the extra weight and because it would rest on my body. When it's bob length I've either done it using a brush and no heat, or by just clamping sections of the ends between my fingers and putting them in the C shape. My hair wants to curl in or out naturally so it's not too hard to manipulate.

Cluppers = splits as far as I know. My hairdresser used them to create that edge once (before I was growing my hair!) and I couldn't notice much difference in how it looked to a normal cut. That is, a normal cut from my hairdresser - she is incredibly precise and a perfectionist so her blunt cuts are very blunt indeed :-)

Thanks for sharing Lady Stardust. Sometimes my hair curls inwards on one and side and the other flips out which is very odd and annoying. I like inwards cause it bounces the ends just nicely and outwards look like i have damage ends. Still Im letting the whole be until it get longers and maybe even out this issue.

The C curl is interesting.. a perm only for the ends. But if you hair takes a curl, it's so easy to do it on your own with curlers, or a blow dryer (if you use heat.)
Plus, I wouldn't want to commit to a perm.

I've never had a clipper cut, but if it's anything like a razor cut, then yes, a ton of split ends.

I saw some of the photo Korean perms and while I think it looks lovely as soon as you leave the salon, straighter stubborn hair never takes perm that well or long lasting.

Actually Im attempting to try curlers again. As a guy myself I have done roller sets in the past as just experimenting and a deep obsession I used to have with big curls in the past, it was fun but It's so time consuming and pretty strange for some people to see me with curlers in my head both my gender and as old fashion thing.

Still I remember the bounce og good old roller set gives is amazing and no hot tool can resemble it to be honest.

Yeah this thing of cliper cut sounds scary and my hair looks bad when it has split ends.

I don't necessarily wanted a clipper cut to have this style, I just took the chance of asking about two things. However I've seen people that had a fresh trim and cut (mostly blunt cuts) in which their ends are full and curve in very subtly. (This has happened to me but isn't long lasting on anyone)

I want to give a try into styling it tho.

Totally agree with this. My hair is straight no matter what. I have to style it to actually get wave or curl. No cut could ever do that by itself.

Yes I know how hard is for some straight heads to attemp something different when hair only wants to lay straight and thats all. I think regular trims for fine textures do help with keeping things a little bit full or textured but not supper dramatic and it changes from person to person.

For example if my hair is layered into a shorter style like shoulder I would definitely see some forming waves and curves than my blunt cut. So yes a cut itself is not going to give perfect styled look but it does help tremendously into attempting and aimed hairstyle even for stubborn straight hair.

I think so far not everyone seems to be fond of the idea of getting a clipper cut and prefer regular scissors trim specially is its like mini razors going on. Razored cuts are a pain to grow :horse:

spidermom
March 10th, 2018, 10:06 PM
My hair also tends to curve under on one side and flip upward on the other. I remember years ago when I had a shoulder length wedge cut, the stylist did something with the ends so that the underside was very slightly shorter than the top side, which encouraged the hair to curve under like the first picture you posted.

I agree there's nothing so bouncy as a roller set. That's why I like to pull out my hot rollers from time to time.

spirals
March 10th, 2018, 10:29 PM
I have 3a spirals and even my ends won't do that. They always point down no matter how cut. One thing I like to do is put a soft curler on the end of my braid(s) at night. Pin curls will work, too.

yahirwaO.o
March 11th, 2018, 12:19 AM
My hair also tends to curve under on one side and flip upward on the other. I remember years ago when I had a shoulder length wedge cut, the stylist did something with the ends so that the underside was very slightly shorter than the top side, which encouraged the hair to curve under like the first picture you posted.

I agree there's nothing so bouncy as a roller set. That's why I like to pull out my hot rollers from time to time.

YAY For roller sets! I did try once hot rollers but I remember it didnīt last that long and maybe I feel a cold set actually gives that poof sort of thing that makes it more voluminous and yeah long lasting. I still dont get curling irons, they literally fry and never provide a nice long lasting curl if you dont pin it. Ironically flat iron curls really last a little more on me.

Maybe I found a thing of undercutting or inverse layering also called in an article and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFaUjvgOkY

https://www.hairfinder.com/hair4/inverse-layering.htm

Now Im not sure if the wedge cut or a short mom ish looking hair is something to aim but I find it now more interesting that subtle haircut technique can make it curve under which is nice. I suppose this could be performed on longer length but article agrees that hairstyling is gonna be needed (due to heaviness I guess). This is very new to me and find it interesting since in my mind I only picture undercuts as literal shaved sides and such. Not sure if i would go for this tho. (Layers are the enemy for me)

I have 3a spirals and even my ends won't do that. They always point down no matter how cut. One thing I like to do is put a soft curler on the end of my braid(s) at night. Pin curls will work, too.

Pin curls are good! But I find it incredibly uncomfortable sleeping with bobby pins in my head. Its nice to know that natural curly hair dont have to deal with weird flips. Curler end and braids looks so neat and beautiful. Braid waves hold nice in my hair without anything but it crimps so much since my fine locks compress a lot.

Right now and as feeling bored I have a halo headband to curl and its the only method that gives nice curls, takes less than 5 minutes to put and allows me to sleep comfomy. However If I brushed it out and since it is curled outwards (hello 70's outwards curls) I will end up with 60's flip which is soooo not the thing I want. :lala: so normaly I just toss it a little bit and relax nicely as the day goes by.

I wish I could make this work as a method for inward results tho.

Caraid♫
March 11th, 2018, 06:33 AM
My hair does this a lot of the time!
(kind-of like this?) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30347&d=1519169409 it's not perfectly even or uniform, but it does the c curl thing when I bring my hair to the front too
It does it after I take it down from a twisted cinnabun bun that I've had in for many hours (overnight usually or half a day) And the flippy ends holds until next wash.
My hair is 1C like yours which is good for holding a wave!
If you haven't already, I suggest simply trying to wear a bun overnight and see how your hair looks in the morning!

spidermom
March 11th, 2018, 08:55 AM
YAY For roller sets! I did try once hot rollers but I remember it didnīt last that long and maybe I feel a cold set actually gives that poof sort of thing that makes it more voluminous and yeah long lasting. I still dont get curling irons, they literally fry and never provide a nice long lasting curl if you dont pin it. Ironically flat iron curls really last a little more on me.

Maybe I found a thing of undercutting or inverse layering also called in an article and video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFaUjvgOkY

Yes, I think this is pretty much what my stylist was doing, but at a more subtle angle. It really worked well for me, especially with a little bit of encouragement through styling. Hot roller sets don't last a long time for me, either, so I usually do it when I'm going somewhere, like out to dinner. At least I'm left with smooth hair after the curl has completely relaxed; I like that. Damp roller sets do last much longer, but I can't sleep very well on rollers unless I do the top of head rolled ponytail method. My hair is too short for that now.

Carolyn
March 11th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Could you do some soft curlers on the bottom few inches of your hair? I used to do that and it worked fairly well. Another thing I used to do was put my hair in a top of head Pebbles pony tail and roll the pony on 4 large hot rollers. I also used to manage it by using a curling iron on the ends after blow drying. Not the most hair safe thing to do but it worked.

Those clippers cuts made me nauseous. I hate to see nice long hair like the being butchered. I hope it was what they wanted.