PDA

View Full Version : Oh no hard water!!

Wendyp
March 6th, 2018, 02:31 PM
So our water test today shows very hard water and high chlorine ..which destroys your hair!! I had no idea until I started poking around the forum! Our water softener will be installed this Thursday. Just wanted to post this for anyone not knowing how essential water quality is for long hair!

nycelle
March 6th, 2018, 03:40 PM
So our water test today shows very hard water and high chlorine ..which destroys your hair!! I had no idea until I started poking around the forum! Our water softener will be installed this Thursday. Just wanted to post this for anyone not knowing how essential water quality is for long hair!

Yaaay... good for you! You're gonna see a huge difference. I think most of Fl has some hard a$$ water.

Oddly enough, we have very soft water up in NYC. Go figure.

Wendyp
March 6th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Yaaay... good for you! You're gonna see a huge difference. I think most of Fl has some hard a$$ water.

Oddly enough, we have very soft water up in NYC. Go figure.

I’m really shocked, I thought Florida would have soft water and NY hard! And the high chlorine blows me away. No wonder I have so much breakage and shedding. You can take the best care and use the best products but if your water is bad it’s all for naught. So excited to see the difference!

CrowningGlory
March 6th, 2018, 07:38 PM

Same. We installed a water filter to reduce chlorine last year but I still find that making up a bucket or two of miracle water is what my hair likes best. I hope you notice wonderful results (I did).

Wendyp
March 7th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Same. We installed a water filter to reduce chlorine last year but I still find that making up a bucket or two of miracle water is what my hair likes best. I hope you notice wonderful results (I did).

I’ll probably continue the acv then. I washed last night just to see how acv did and my hair is like silk today. Can’t believe I didn’t know about hard water effects on hair.

Dendra
March 7th, 2018, 05:33 AM

Is miracle water acv mixed with water? Sounds intriguing :)

Wendyp
March 8th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Is miracle water acv mixed with water? Sounds intriguing :)

I think they are separate not that you couldn’t I suppose but I think acv water is every time after you shampoo and miracle water 1x a month. Me, I’m getting a water softener installed today on top of it all lol

Agnes Eliza
March 8th, 2018, 05:57 AM
I moved to another state, and ever since, I have noticed that my hair is very dull. I wonder if there is hard water here. Anyway I ordered some citric acid on Amazon and will see if that helps. I learned about citric acid on this thread:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96747

I want to try it instead of ACV since even when I use a very diluted concentration of ACV, my hair smells like a salad all day lol so I am hoping that won't happen with the citric acid.

Wendyp
March 8th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I moved to another state, and ever since, I have noticed that my hair is very dull. I wonder if there is hard water here. Anyway I ordered some citric acid on Amazon and will see if that helps. I learned about citric acid on this thread:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96747

I want to try it instead of ACV since even when I use a very diluted concentration of ACV, my hair smells like a salad all day lol so I am hoping that won't happen with the citric acid.

My husband says he wants bread sticks everything he hugs me lol hopefully the water softener works. I’ll tell you my hair is night and day since I realized we have hard water!