PDA

View Full Version : Knee Length By Christmas 2018

maborosi
March 5th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Anyone here who should be around knee by the end of this year?
Hopefully if my calculations are right (which....well, they might not be, lol), I should be at least really close to knee by the end of this year.
My hair is a bit over 48" right now. I could call knee at around 52", I think.

Milady_DeWinter
March 5th, 2018, 01:54 AM
Wow! I'm not even close (hopefully I'll be BCL by the end of the year), but I'd love to see your pics! *picks popcorns and waits* :popcorn:

MusicalSpoons
March 5th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Ooh, me! ... I think/hope. I'm waiting until summer to check where my hair is though, so I don't yet know if I'm still on track.

('Summer' being deliberately vague as I might really need to know at any time between April-July ;) )

Whenever it reaches my knees, it will be nowhere near as majestic as yours, maborosi - your hair is just stunning!

Chromis
March 5th, 2018, 06:55 AM
I don't find calculating to be very accurate, plus it sets up weird expectations. Our hair can have periods where it starts and stops and stalls and other times grows like a weed!

Also, that mid-thigh abyss is really a much longer way than any of the previous milestones. It felt like I was stuck there forever!

MusicalSpoons
March 5th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I don't find calculating to be very accurate, plus it sets up weird expectations. Our hair can have periods where it starts and stops and stalls and other times grows like a weed!

Also, that mid-thigh abyss is really a much longer way than any of the previous milestones. It felt like I was stuck there forever!

That's exactly why I've waited this long to be a bit more specific about when I hope to get there. I projected a rough estimate for when I hoped for knee before I got to FTL, and only started to calculate when I got to exactly mid-thigh. Thankfully my hair has been fairly consistent in averaging half an inch per month so far, over a year or so, and barring any unexpected acute illnesses it should continue that way - for this year, anyway. Funnily enough, when I got to FTL and MTL it was very reassuring to know that my hair was actually growing, so after that I felt like I didn't need to measure again for a while :grin:

Saige
March 5th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Who knows if I'll make it but I'll join! The last time I measured I was around 51". Knee on me is a bit over 55".

MlleMC
March 6th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I'm pretty sure I could do it, since I passed mid-thigh a few months ago. But my ends are very thin and quite damaged, so I'm considering doing a good trim this year, especially since I want to wear my hair down for my wedding this summer. :shrug: So we'll see...