PDA

View Full Version : 1b, 1c, or 2a Hairtyping Help

Mandyk
March 2nd, 2018, 05:04 PM
So I thought that I have 1c/2a hair, but I decided to finally take a hairtyping picture. Now I'm not so sure. My hair looks pretty straight here, so I think I might be 1b or 1c.

For this photo I co-washed, conditioned, finger combed and rinsed out. I gently squeezed/squeegeed out the excess water, wrapped in a microfiber towel for about 20 minutes, and then let it down to air dry. I tried to make sure I kept my hair untouched while drying, as much as possible. My hair is about 90% dry here.

https://i.imgur.com/w6ktiT5m.jpg?1

lapushka
March 2nd, 2018, 05:16 PM
No that does look 1c/2a, maybe even full 2a to me.

lithostoic
March 2nd, 2018, 06:26 PM
1b and 1c are straight hair. This is not straight hair. Appears 1c/2a in the pic but you'll likely find it'll get wavier as you learn to care for it.

CopperButterfly
March 2nd, 2018, 06:35 PM
I definitely see waves there, so I would lean towards 1c/2a.

Mandyk
March 2nd, 2018, 06:44 PM
No that does look 1c/2a, maybe even full 2a to me.

Really? Thank you. I guess its because I usually wash my hair at night and then sleep in a braid, so compared to the wave I normally see, the hairtyping picture looked so straight. I guess now I just need to find a way to get more defined waves and bigger clumps. My hair seems to not like S2C or too much scrunching.

Mandyk
March 2nd, 2018, 06:55 PM
I definitely see waves there, so I would lean towards 1c/2a.

1b and 1c are straight hair. This is not straight hair. Appears 1c/2a in the pic but you'll likely find it'll get wavier as you learn to care for it.

Thank you. I guess I just compare it to a lot of 2's I see on here, and my hair looks a lot less defined and more stringy. I recently switched to sulfate and silicone free products and I'm still trying to find a routine and products that agree with my hair. Currently, my dry hair tends to just look unkempt if left untouched after applying products. So I keep finger combing and playing with it throughout the day. It's almost like a comfort tactic that I use subconsciously as well, but I've been trying to break the habit.

MusicalSpoons
March 3rd, 2018, 12:23 AM
Very pretty! Your hair is far wavier than a 1. I'm not overly familiar with the 2s so it might be 2a or more, but it's definitely not a 1-anything.

Stray_mind
March 3rd, 2018, 12:55 AM
I see some wurls at the ends, it looks 1c/2a to me. If you'd learn to encourage your waves, maybe you'd become a full 2a even.
There is a visual hair typing guide on this forum, you could use it as a reference...
I thought i was 1c/2a, but i feel like i might be 2a actually, or 2a/2b, if i'd encourage my waves and stop combing my hair out :D