PDA

View Full Version : scalp massage?

Laila23
October 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Hi everyone.I'm new here and I'm really enjoying reading everyone's experience and tips and advice. I have read about scalp massage for hair health? Can any of you point me in the right direction for finding out more about this or offer education. :o

Thanks! :D

sahiba
October 30th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'll keep an eye on this thread as I too want to know about it.

Aisha25
October 30th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Do you want to know how to do or what it is for? Massage with finger pads and move the scalp around not the hairs upside down it also to include face ears and neck. This is good for circulation and just general caring for your scalp.

ChloeDharma
October 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hopefully this will help

http://www.hairlossexpert.co.uk/Can-scalp-massage-stimulate-hair-growth.html

http://www.boloji.com/ayurveda/av030.htm

Amara
October 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I find that it makes my scalp and hair feel refreshed when it's been a few days since a wash and will be a few more. It helps me spread my washes out.

Laila23
October 30th, 2008, 03:08 PM
ChloeDharma, thank you for the links! Esp. the ayurveda one. I'm going to try it out. Wish me luck. :)

Fantak
November 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I'm glad I clicked on this thread.. I always had my doubts about hair massage because I was rubbing hair back and forth and kept thinking this can't be good! *apologises profusely to hair*

Fantak
November 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I just read the articles and am now very confused..

For a scalp massage: Do I place the pads of my fingers firmly on my scalp and move in circular motions? Or do I move my fingers around my scalp in circular motions?

(sorry for posting again I still can't edit my posts >.<)

girlcat36
November 4th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I just read the articles and am now very confused..

For a scalp massage: Do I place the pads of my fingers firmly on my scalp and move in circular motions? Or do I move my fingers around my scalp in circular motions?

(sorry for posting again I still can't edit my posts >.<)

I do both.

Golden21
November 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I find that it makes my scalp and hair feel refreshed when it's been a few days since a wash and will be a few more. It helps me spread my washes out.

Do you use hot oil when you give yourself a scalp massage to stretch out washes? If so, does this make your hair oily?

ChloeDharma
November 4th, 2008, 04:03 PM
ChloeDharma, thank you for the links! Esp. the ayurveda one. I'm going to try it out. Wish me luck. :)

You are very welcome :flower: Good luck, though i'm sure you wont need it ;)

Fantak if you are concerned about the friction on the hair you can just start at the hairline, gently massage moving the skin over the scalp then move backwards repeating the same movement until the head has been covered. The main thing is to relax the muscles and increase the circulation to the area. :)

Flaxen
November 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Also, scroll down to the bottom of this page (http://www.richardsteinsalon.com/chapter2.htm) for Richard Stein's technique. :smile:

Spike
November 4th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I've been doing scalp massage for about a month. I'm trying to make this a coping mechanism (put down the doughnut, rub head instead). So far, I've noticed it's helped my flaky scalp issues (yay!) and my hair feels softer near the roots.