PDA

View Full Version : Hardly textured hair side.

Margarita
February 25th, 2018, 04:26 AM
Since i always braid my hair after shower and sleep, there are some times that my left side doesnt get enough textured by the braids and it ends up appearing frizzy and kind of weird. I dont put any oils or cremes after because it weight my hair down making it worse. I worry if my left side have proned to breakage and thats a reason it gets this way. So yeah, my worry about it is breakage :/

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/rosesunderthesky/IMG_20180225_131441_zpsh05flchl.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/rosesunderthesky/media/IMG_20180225_131441_zpsh05flchl.jpg.html)

Note: I dyed my hair yersteday and when i washed, my hair was EXTREMELY SOFT AN SILKY that i did not put any conditioner.

lapushka
February 25th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Margarita, I think your hair might be too short for braids. Just MHO. I would just wear it down to sleep, if I were you, but that's what I would do.

Misting it might work, this makes your hair reform the texture without weighing it down and it will re-activate the product that's already in the hair.

Margarita
February 25th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I see, it makes me curious why this is happening to only my left side. Thankfully, my hair is a bit long for braids so its easy for me to braid it. I dont like sleeping with my hair down because i get split ends, and it gets frizzy and kind of straight and wavy and a bit curly and ugh.

lapushka
February 25th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I see, it makes me curious why this is happening to only my left side. Thankfully, my hair is a bit long for braids so its easy for me to braid it. I dont like sleeping with my hair down because i get split ends, and it gets frizzy and kind of straight and wavy and a bit curly and ugh.

Margarita, your hair is now barely shoulder, so how exactly are you braiding it? Because it might be too tight for night time at that length, that's what I was getting at. I think you may need to experiment with just letting your texture be and leaving it down. For this length? For sure it's better to not twist it up too tightly. Well, IMMHO. :flower:

Margarita
February 25th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I do the dutch braids all back into two sections. As for tight, i tight them a bit, ofcourse not tight to make my roots hurt. I worry about having breakage :/

MusicalSpoons
February 25th, 2018, 09:35 AM
If you're worried about breakage, you might perhaps benefit from wearing a silk scarf or sleep cap at night. That way you can either protect the braids, or have your hair loose underneath the scarf/cap.

I only find braids protective if they are up and out of the way (i.e. bunned) but wearing braids overnight would be terrible for my hair, especially if they were not protected. Your hair may be fine with them, but I just thought I would mention it for something to think about - braids are traditionally seen as a protective style but not everybody's hair agrees, and that's okay :flower:

lapushka
February 25th, 2018, 11:20 AM
If you're worried about breakage, you might perhaps benefit from wearing a silk scarf or sleep cap at night. That way you can either protect the braids, or have your hair loose underneath the scarf/cap.

I only find braids protective if they are up and out of the way (i.e. bunned) but wearing braids overnight would be terrible for my hair, especially if they were not protected. Your hair may be fine with them, but I just thought I would mention it for something to think about - braids are traditionally seen as a protective style but not everybody's hair agrees, and that's okay :flower:

Yes, I have to be careful with tight braids even during the day, which is the reason why I mentioned it. I can imagine what the rolling around on them must do at night at this length.

chomsky
February 25th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Yes, I have to be careful with tight braids even during the day, which is the reason why I mentioned it. I can imagine what the rolling around on them must do at night at this length.

This. My rule of thumb when I do my braids, I have to be able to fit at least a finger, preferably two, under them (since my hair is curly its got that spring action, so it doesn't look loose). I only do them when I wash my hair so I don't want them to be tight.

Try sleeping with it loose. You can buy satin scarfs to wrap around your pillow if you don't want to buy pillowcases or a bonnet.

Edit: Your hair might also be less wavy on that side. The beauty of waves/curls is that they vary all over the head.