PDA

View Full Version : 6 years of growing, 7 years on LHC

maborosi
February 22nd, 2018, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone! I popped in and realized that today marks 7 years since I joined the LHC, and 6 years since I decided to grow my hair long.
Today I'll be showing how far I've grown! Pictures'll be linked because they're HUGE.

In 2012, I cut my waist-length, black hair to a 16" chin-length bob. I was frustrated by my hair, and wanted to start over. (Plus, it was 2-step henna/indigo black. Which doesn't come out)

February 2012 Length Shot- 16"
(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-baf20lKJihA/T0V251-7rBI/AAAAAAAAAAU/HNB0Lwiqcg0/s1600/IMAG0857.jpg)
In 2013, my hair measured 22", and looked like this
(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j1vMS_fhSUA/USblaJUVSoI/AAAAAAAAAC4/0ObP7vbElz4/s1600/2013-2.jpg)
In 2014, I did a lot of maintenance on the hemline, and trimming out the black ends. It looked like this and was 24" long.
(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zxArIXQx6cg/UuINDFw5T6I/AAAAAAAAAFE/uDIxiMVAOLA/s1600/2014-1.jpg)
2015 was when I passed waist and was solidly on the way to hip. In this picture, it was 32.5" long.
(http://happyhairdays.blogspot.com/2015/04/hairtracker-part-14-april-2015.html)
2016 came around, and my hair was at my original goal- hip length, at 36.5". (http://happyhairdays.blogspot.com/2016/02/hair-tracker-part-17-february-2016-4.html) I decided I wanted more hair. I decided to grow to classic length!

So in 2017, I grew to just under classic at 42". (https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r60RvDGLrxY/WKyN7ttsJ-I/AAAAAAAAAac/z1occ6gv1sIE4jlipcWk6vbWNgeEm1aIACLcB/s1600/2017-2.jpg)In 2017, I passed classic by the end of the year. Then, I decided to grow to mid-thigh length.

And today, my hair is 48" and between classic and knee.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2GvGeTQ3ifg/Wo8e1NfLITI/AAAAAAAAAhk/CL87lsC81QsCuRkbk2UV5ShdgAjvEo03wCLcBGAs/s1600/2018-2.jpg

(My cat decided he needed to be part of my photo this time. So, everyone say hello, I guess?)
He's the one that's set as my profile picture, hehe

Today my hair is about halfway between classic and knee (And probably needs a hemline cut, lol). I am not 100% sure when I'll hit knee, but it won't be terribly long from now.

I am excited to see how my hair grows from here!

Groovy Granny
February 22nd, 2018, 01:09 PM
WOW :thud:

That is quite a journey ~ congrats....your hair is AMAZING :crush: :applause

Pretty kitty; he looks like my grandkitty Zeke :love:

chomsky
February 22nd, 2018, 01:10 PM
:thud:

Woah! Your hair looks so healthy and full of life. Congratulations on Your hairiversay!

MoonRabbit
February 22nd, 2018, 01:11 PM
Beautiful progress, your hair is an inspiration to us all!

And Hello Kitty!!

ipickee
February 22nd, 2018, 01:31 PM
Absolutely lovely!! Thank you for sharing :blossom:

PixieP
February 22nd, 2018, 01:34 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, I absolutely adore your natural colour and beautiful shine!

lapushka
February 22nd, 2018, 01:36 PM
You have certainly come a long way in 6 years! It took me 10 to get to classic (with all the impulsive dyeing I was doing). I had to give up the dye completely and it was smooth sailing from then on.

It's absolutely gorgeous, maborosi! Time and patience will get you places. :) :thumbsup:

AutobotsAttack
February 22nd, 2018, 01:39 PM
Congratulations on all the growth! Very pretty color your hair is as well!

GalaMoon
February 22nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
Wow, is it just me or your hair grows pretty fast? And it looks in such a great condition, so thick and shiny! It's usually not the best idea to allow cats in pictures because they will always end up stealing the spotlight :lol:

Joyful Mystery
February 22nd, 2018, 02:05 PM
Inspirational! You sure have come a long ways! You have beautiful hair! :thudpile:

chiapommama
February 22nd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Your hair looks great! Happy Hairversary!

Medievalmaniac
February 22nd, 2018, 02:10 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Congratulations on a wonderful journey so far! :flower:

Arciela
February 22nd, 2018, 02:25 PM
Wow what an inspiring journey!! Thank you for sharing and congrats on your amazing growth and lovely hair!! :flower:

Tulipa
February 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
It is so wonderful to see your long awaited length picture, thanks Maborosi! And my goodness, the growth of your hair is so remarkable for two reasons: progress and quality.
I just put the February measurements from your blog in a row: 16-22-24.5-31-36-42-48. If you take the trims of 2013 into account this almost represents a straight line, so your hair growth continues at the same pace during all these years.
In addition, the quality of your hair seems to remain the same (or even better!) which indicates that it can grow even much longer. How many inch is knee and ankle for you?

Sarahlabyrinth
February 22nd, 2018, 03:02 PM
Hello puddy-tat! So cute!

Your hair is perfection at every length! Swoonworthy, in fact! :crush: Happy hairiversary, and wishing you many more, and looong may that perfect hair continue growing! :D

Corvana
February 22nd, 2018, 03:13 PM
:thudpile: Your hair is so incredible.

embee
February 22nd, 2018, 03:47 PM
Cute cat! Beautiful hair!

lottiealice
February 22nd, 2018, 04:24 PM
You give me hope! I started at around chin (I believe your starting length looks similar to mine) two years ago and I've just hit BSL. Your hair is gorgeous; your colour, your hemline, the shine... so healthy and pretty!

ShahMat
February 22nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
Really inspirational progress!
Congratulations, you really have beautiful hair ^^

Ezusthold
February 22nd, 2018, 06:06 PM
Wow, really nice hair, I also love the color (+the length, texture, etc:)))
Happy Hairversary to you! :toast:

Rustam
February 22nd, 2018, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the post! It's awesome to see progress like that and see how much it can change when given enough time. Looks great.

zashin66
February 22nd, 2018, 09:06 PM
It's so great to see your journey. I keep feeling like my hair is a watched pot that never boils (grows).... Then I turn around and an inch shows up. Seeing your growth helps me keep hope.:happydance::joy::magic:

CopperButterfly
February 22nd, 2018, 10:18 PM
Your hair is so pretty. I've been admiring your siggy pic in the henna thread. You've got great hair.

Krissycats
February 22nd, 2018, 11:50 PM
I enjoyed looking at all of your pictures! Thank you for posting. Your hair is beautiful.

OhSuzi
February 23rd, 2018, 04:09 AM
WOW! You made so much progress every year. Always love seeing hair growth inspiration pics! and the colour is lovely too!

Natalina
February 23rd, 2018, 05:14 AM
You have such gorgeous vibrant hair, maborosi!:thudpile: Your patience and dedication to your journey is truly inspiring, thank you for sharing it with us.:flower:

Ligeia Noire
February 23rd, 2018, 06:22 AM
Congratulations. Your progress is amazing and your hair is gorgeous.
P.s. Hi kitty :)

browneyedsusan
February 23rd, 2018, 06:37 AM
Nice job! :applause:

melikai
February 23rd, 2018, 06:51 AM
Holy moly that's incredible to see! Congratulations on 7 years here and on having such a beautiful head of hair! :beercheer:

Caraid♫
February 23rd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Inspiring! Your pics give me motivation to have more patience- look what can happen in 7 years! Your hair looks fabulous :D

leayellena
February 23rd, 2018, 07:17 AM
Congratulations on your hair growth journey! I like your blog and I envy you for your healthy thick hair

Ophidian
February 23rd, 2018, 10:47 AM
Stunning! Thank you for taking the time to keep a little photo journal along the way--I always think it is very heartening to see such inspiring lengths and at the same time be reminded that we all start somewhere. :flower: Congratulations :cheer:

Ariel love
February 23rd, 2018, 08:27 PM
This is so motivating. 6 years is no small deal you must have been very patience. Can't wait to see my hair at waist length. You just boosted my motivation level. thank you so much.
P.S. you have very gorgeous hair.

maborosi
February 24th, 2018, 01:31 AM
Thank you all so much! I don't know if I can multiquote that many posts but I am so grateful for everyone's nice words!! :flower:
I had a busy day finally returning to work yesterday, and worked a long, tiring day today, so logging on and seeing all the nice things really made me happy!
That's why I'm really happy at LHC...everyone is very kind and supportive and I have learned so much from the days that I began lurking here 'til now.
This is the nicest internet community I've ever been a part of, and I keep coming back because I know I have a lot of really great, like-minded people to

And! My kitty is (probably) happy too!

I will answer a couple of questions that made me think!

Wow, is it just me or your hair grows pretty fast? And it looks in such a great condition, so thick and shiny! It's usually not the best idea to allow cats in pictures because they will always end up stealing the spotlight :lol:

That's a really good question...I've wondered if It get a bit more growth than 'normal'., I do dustings, micro-trims, etc, occasionally, and take off a lot of hair. Next thing I know it's back again. I -believe- (Not 100% sure because I don't keep very good track of my trims vs my growth) I get about .75" of growth per month. Now you have me thinking of how I might track this, because I've always wondered if I grow more than .5" a month, since it seems like I have to henna constantly to keep up with my roots.

And no kidding about the kitty. You know, right after he made that adorable pose, he made a go RIGHT FOR MY HAIR. He no longer realizes it's attached to his human's head- and it's fair game from here!!

It is so wonderful to see your long awaited length picture, thanks Maborosi! And my goodness, the growth of your hair is so remarkable for two reasons: progress and quality.
I just put the February measurements from your blog in a row: 16-22-24.5-31-36-42-48. If you take the trims of 2013 into account this almost represents a straight line, so your hair growth continues at the same pace during all these years.
In addition, the quality of your hair seems to remain the same (or even better!) which indicates that it can grow even much longer. How many inch is knee and ankle for you?

Great question. I also personally feel that my hair's quality has drastically improved since I joined here.

In 2011, my pony tail circumference was around 3.15"- and I am now sitting exactly at 4" now. That honestly doesn't even seem possible...!
Now, part of that could be genetic, hormonal, or what have you, but I do know I saw a lot of improvement as my hair got longer and I learned new, gentler ways to treat it.
I also took painstaking care of the delicate hairs on my nape, and now many of them have made it past waist, which, I'll be honest, I didn't even know was possible. My "sideburn" (?) hair is also getting pretty long, and is around APL on one side and collarbone on the other.

As far as knee length or ankle...Hmmm.. So I checked, I think I would be comfortable calling my hair knee-length at around 52". I think.
WHICH IS NUTS because I'm not that far away in the grand scheme of things. Gosh, I should be around there in October! That doesn't even seem possible!
My tape measure doesn't seem to be -quite- long enough to measure where ankle is on me, so I suppose I'll have to look into getting a new one!

---

One of my biggest motivations for blogging my progress has been to keep a record of how my hair's grown. I was someone who assumed that when someone hit classic+, that must've meant that they'd never cut their hair in their entire life, ever, and that those lengths simply would never happen for me. I wanted to show myself that, yes, my hair is growing, and to have something cool to look back on as it gets longer.

Seeing that people enjoy it enough that it makes them feel better about their hair is just!! It's very inspiring to me! I am SO glad that people feel motivated to grow their hair long, and feel like my progress gives them hope. I don't know a lot of people IRL who have/are growing long hair, so it gets kind of lonely and I just want someone to talk to about my growth journey sometimes. So I like to put it on the internet.

Jas
February 24th, 2018, 02:41 AM
I thought I had responded already but I guess it didn't go through!
Absolutely gorgeous hair and it's amazing to see that progress through the years - I think I'm nearly at your 2016 progress pic so exciting to see what length difference two years could make!!

Really inspiring and can't believe how thick and blunt your ends look :D

*Wednesday*
February 24th, 2018, 07:11 AM
What a sweet picture with your kitty :) so precious, and not to take away from the beautiful hair and growth. Wonderful and thick.

Beatnik Guy
February 24th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Conhairgratulations! ;)
Your hair is magnificent and kitty is cute. :thudpile:

Wendyp
February 24th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Wow stunning.. and motivating! Thx for sharing!

TatsuOni
February 26th, 2018, 07:12 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!

Alex4604
February 26th, 2018, 07:42 AM
Wauw stunning hair ❤️❤️❤️

cathair
February 26th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Remarkable progress in 7 years. Your hair is so beautiful, you must be thrilled :)

Please can I ask, what is it you do to take extra care of your nape hairs?

nycelle
February 26th, 2018, 01:41 PM
WOW.. unreal how fast it grows, AND looks beautiful.

Do you do anything special to keep it healthy?

Dark40
February 26th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Congratulations on your growth progress you've made! Happy hairversary!!! You have come a long way! I love your new hair color and shine! I've also been with the LHC for 7 years, and have been growing for 6 too! And, I'm at waist length!

ipickee
February 26th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Just absolutely beautiful!!

Jo Ann
February 26th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Hello, Puddy-tat! :p

Maborosi, of all the absolutely gorgeous hair I've seen on this site, yours is the one I'm most envious of! It's thick, shiny, and oh so beautiful! Your avatar, which shows your hair off to GREAT advantage, says it all!

What is THE one change you made or thing that you do to keep it looking so sleek?

maborosi
February 26th, 2018, 09:48 PM
I thought I had responded already but I guess it didn't go through!
Absolutely gorgeous hair and it's amazing to see that progress through the years - I think I'm nearly at your 2016 progress pic so exciting to see what length difference two years could make!!

Really inspiring and can't believe how thick and blunt your ends look :D

Conhairgratulations! ;)
Your hair is magnificent and kitty is cute. :thudpile:

Wow stunning.. and motivating! Thx for sharing!

Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!

Wauw stunning hair ❤️❤️❤️

Congratulations on your growth progress you've made! Happy hairversary!!! You have come a long way! I love your new hair color and shine! I've also been with the LHC for 7 years, and have been growing for 6 too! And, I'm at waist length!

Just absolutely beautiful!!

Thank you guys so much :flower:

Remarkable progress in 7 years. Your hair is so beautiful, you must be thrilled :)

Please can I ask, what is it you do to take extra care of your nape hairs?

Nape hair, it seems like mine is really, really fine and thin. I have found that either silk pillowcases/silk caps are a must, but mostly taking care to make sure those really fine hairs get plenty of conditioner, or oils.
I like to put a tiny dab of leave in conditioner especially on those parts!

Hello, Puddy-tat! :p

Maborosi, of all the absolutely gorgeous hair I've seen on this site, yours is the one I'm most envious of! It's thick, shiny, and oh so beautiful! Your avatar, which shows your hair off to GREAT advantage, says it all!

What is THE one change you made or thing that you do to keep it looking so sleek?

Wow, thank you so much...that is so kind of you!! Let's see.. to get it looking sleek...
I really like using a leave-in. I'm using Nightblooming's selkie as sort of a hydrator- my hair looks so much sleeker and smoother when I remember to use it when my hair is damp!
My hair also loves mineral oil, and certain silicones have saved my hair from the clutches of tangles!!

Jo Ann
February 27th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Thank you, Maborosi! I've seen so many good things about Nightblooming's products--I'll have to definitely check out her site after I get paid... :)

*makes note to self to check out Nightblooming's site on Pay Day*

Saige
February 27th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Gorgeous hair Maborosi! Congrats on 7 years!

Nightshade
February 27th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Seven years?! I remember when you joined :lol:

And you have stunning, hair and a wit to match. This place wouldn't be the same without you :grouphug:

Dendra
March 1st, 2018, 05:24 AM
Your hair is so great, thank you for the update! It really seemed to skyrocket in length between 2014 and 2015, pretty amazing. I'm also growing out black ends so it's nice to see you made it :)

maborosi
March 5th, 2018, 01:03 AM
Thank you, Maborosi! I've seen so many good things about Nightblooming's products--I'll have to definitely check out her site after I get paid... :)

*makes note to self to check out Nightblooming's site on Pay Day*

YESSSS!

Gorgeous hair Maborosi! Congrats on 7 years!

Seven years?! I remember when you joined :lol:

And you have stunning, hair and a wit to match. This place wouldn't be the same without you :grouphug:

Your hair is so great, thank you for the update! It really seemed to skyrocket in length between 2014 and 2015, pretty amazing. I'm also growing out black ends so it's nice to see you made it :)

Thank you guys so much!!

Any yay, Dendra! Another reverse-ombre buddy!
Sometimes I secretly miss my black ends. But I can always do them again!

yahirwaO.o
March 7th, 2018, 12:59 AM
You hair is utter perfectation maborasi!!!!!!

I've read your blog a couple of times before and sincerely fell in love with your texture!

Thanks a lot for sharing your journey, sure you must be very happy with yourself! :o

Dendra
March 7th, 2018, 05:36 AM
YESSSS!

Thank you guys so much!!

Any yay, Dendra! Another reverse-ombre buddy!
Sometimes I secretly miss my black ends. But I can always do them again!

Yess! They'd be easy to do again, and they looked cool on you but I do love your hair as is. Mine don't look so great, I guess it's because they're uneven and faded but hey! They'll be gone in a couple of years.

Lumienkeli
March 7th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Your hair is beautiful! I read your blog before I join here. Your journey is fantastic. I like how your black hair grew out. It looked nice all the stages. I like your hair growth photos. They helped me to realize that the journey is not that long. I mean I started with chin length in december and I am already at shoulders! Two months to collarbone, than the APL will so close! You really helped to realize that my accidentally too short hair is not hopless! Thank you so much, and please, keep blogging! :) Your hair is fantastic! That shine! :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 9th, 2018, 06:42 AM
Congratulations on your 7 years and awesome hair growth journey. :thudpile:
Continue enjoying the experience and thank you for your part in sharing your journey and inspiring.