PDA

View Full Version : Who have you dressed up/cosplayed as with your LHC hair?

Wavybrunetteuk
February 21st, 2018, 07:18 PM
I've seen a few amazing cosplay photos on here and I wanted to ask everyone.Have you ever dressed up or cosplayed as anyone with a particular hair length or hair type?Can be short hair OR long hair. Or even before joining LHC counts!Or even who would you like to dressed up as in the future?I once went to a cosplay event in a bar dressed at Lara Croft, though my hair wasn't nearly long enough to do the braid accurately. I still got a lot of attention that evening, hehe I wonder why...In the future I'd like to dress up in an old English costume, Wonder Woman haha, Merida from Brave or Moana etc.How about you?

Wavybrunetteuk
February 21st, 2018, 07:19 PM
I'm so sorry my phone doesn't seem to let me do spaces between paragraphs.

megthehennahead
February 21st, 2018, 07:30 PM
I've done Ariel, because of course I would, both with my natural red and henna red. Once I get to mid-thigh (or maybe starting at classic) I want to do Tauriel from The Hobbit

Wavybrunetteuk
February 21st, 2018, 07:33 PM
megthehennahead I can see from your avatar you nailed dressing up as Ariel . I'm looking forward to those Tauriel dress up photos then, her hair is beautiful!

megthehennahead
February 21st, 2018, 07:41 PM
Wavybrunetteuk thank you! I've done her braids before, but it's just not the same on shorter hair!

Breeze
February 21st, 2018, 08:37 PM
I cosplayed as Garnet/Dagger from Final Fantasy 9 this year: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Garnet_Til_Alexandros_XVII . It came out really nice! :)

Wavybrunetteuk
February 21st, 2018, 10:46 PM
breeze Ooh! Awesome! Long-haired or short-haired Garnet?

Beeboo123
February 21st, 2018, 11:29 PM
Sadako LOL. I really want to do Sailor Mars

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 01:31 AM
beeboo123 Sadako is a good one, very fun! :O I love Sailor Mars, that would be amazing!!! But I couldn't cosplay as her... maybe Sailor Neptune or Sailor Jupitor? :S Oh my days, we should have a LHC meet-up dressed as Sailor Moon characters, LOADS of LHCers could do it, and all without wigs or styling!!!

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 01:34 AM
I've decided... my future cosplay is Sailor Neptune!

Beeboo123
February 22nd, 2018, 01:43 AM
beeboo123 Sadako is a good one, very fun! :O I love Sailor Mars, that would be amazing!!! But I couldn't cosplay as her... maybe Sailor Neptune or Sailor Jupitor? :S Oh my days, we should have a LHC meet-up dressed as Sailor Moon characters, LOADS of LHCers could do it, and all without wigs or styling!!!

Oh that would be really fun! I wish i could attend such a meetup!

Jas
February 22nd, 2018, 02:33 AM
haha I would come! :P I've never dressed up for cosplay but it sounds soo fun!

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 03:14 AM
jas Who would you dress up as?

Jas
February 22nd, 2018, 03:38 AM
um ummm I have no idea actually. What do you reckon would suit me? :D

Ooh I'd love to dress up in an old english costume, maybe Elsa..ooh maybe Galadriel. I'd never be brave enough to do any of it on my own though :P But if there was a meet up I soo would!

MorningPerson
February 22nd, 2018, 04:24 AM
I’ve never cosplayed, but I do state my hair goal as the political bumper sticker, “Cersei Lannister 2020”. Maybe I’ll do Dolores from Westworld next Halloween. I should really find a con to go to, though. There’s a lot of Star Trek in me.

OhSuzi
February 22nd, 2018, 05:44 AM
Not exactly cosplay, but doing viking age reenactment stuff. Going for a sort of mystical witchy type Viking vibe (It’s mildly relaxed on the historical accuracy – no iphones and pot noodles, but I think you can stretch what’s accurate a bit for practicality / for better aestethic/ to tell the story of a character)

Growing my hair long as it can go – but as it’s only shoulder length at the mo, so as a temporary fix Iv been felting my own wool strands of hair – almost dread like but quite fine ones
so I can just add them to extend my plaits.

I love adding felted wool hair cause you can re use em, change up the style add ones with colour with no chemical dyes, sew gold thread into em / add beads all sorts.
They can give the impression of longer hair and yet it doesn’t feel as separate as wearing a wig or as damaging or as ‘dishonest’ as extensions
(not that I think extension wearers are ‘dishonest’ – just wool is clearly wool & not trying to look like authentic hair – hopefully you know what I mean - cant think of a better word)

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 05:54 AM
Jas I have JUST noticed, we are both from the UK. Yas, Hon! We need an excuse to dress up in Medieval England costumes!
Galadriel is an amazing choice!

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 06:00 AM
MorningPerson Great idea!

OhSuzi Awesome! I'd love to do that kind of thing! Also the felted wool hair is such a clever idea. Don't worry, I know what you mean. Vikings... that is so awesome... close to my idea of dressing in Medieval clothes.

Jas
February 22nd, 2018, 06:04 AM
Yeah but you're in blooming China, bit of a trip!! haha. When you're back here again if you can find an excuse I'll come :P

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 06:13 AM
i'd love to do that :D Aww that'd be amazing!

OhSuzi
February 22nd, 2018, 06:21 AM
Yup I love medievally stuff too - in fact just costume throughout history and fantasy and making the outfits & dressing up in general!
So...let us know if you get on it & organise a LHC costume meet up! Or if any one wants some costume designs!

Jas
February 22nd, 2018, 06:24 AM
Ooh where are you from, Suzi?

I wish I was crafty, I wouldn't have a clue where to start with making outfits although I'd love to learn :D

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 06:31 AM
Oh my goodness me too! I love historical, fantasy or traditional costumes! This is a really good idea! I'll need to travel to join.

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 06:34 AM
Yes Suki, that is quite an amazing skill! I'd also like to know.

OhSuzi
February 22nd, 2018, 09:29 AM
Im in the UK too! I think I like Medievaly / Viking cause of all the castles and Woodlands and Robin Hood! I wish we could go back to a time where archery & weaving etc. was way more important than paperwork and computers!
Hah if the earth fell through a time loop back to medieval times - Id probably end up wearing a sack covered in mud, have a rubbish job like poo gatherer and then just die of plague! With my dying toothless breath I'd be saying ahh I wish lived in the future or possibly stone age times when everything was simpler!

Jas
February 22nd, 2018, 12:56 PM
Lol!!! Poo gatherer, love it :P I know what you mean though with more active skills. Although I do love the Internet!

I much prefer the outfits of the past though (excluding aforementioned mud sack)

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 05:22 PM
Oh wow! I didn't expect to meet people from the UK with this thread! Haha Suzi your post has so much wisdom :D. I need to get myself an old costume and wait for any excuse to wear it!

Breeze
February 22nd, 2018, 09:09 PM
Awww everyone talking about vikingy stuff and hanging out! :D

breeze Ooh! Awesome! Long-haired or short-haired Garnet?

Long haired! Oddly enough, with the way I had the hair resting on my shoulders in pictures, some friends thought it was short haired!

I've decided... my future cosplay is Sailor Neptune!

This would be fun!

Wavybrunetteuk
February 22nd, 2018, 09:16 PM
Breeze I know, right? If I wasn't so far away, I'd organise a meet up myself. Actually... I don't mind making the trip! I really want this to happen... a meet-up dressed up showing off our beautiful hair!!!! Let's make it happen!