PDA

View Full Version : I might wanna stretch my washes....

FallingDarkness
February 21st, 2018, 11:28 AM
I wash my hair every third night. I'm thinking about trying to do it every fourth instead, because my hair has been a little dry and also washing my hair is *so* time consuming. However I am also mildly active (I exercise maybe three times a week in the morning) and I don't want my hair to end up smelly or anything.
Any advice? Should I try stretching and see how it goes? I don't know.
Thank you all <3

mwallingford
February 21st, 2018, 11:48 AM
I would go for it! It's just one extra day, and as long as your scalp is doing alright, I don't see any reason why you couldn't stretch your washes. It can take a little while to effectively stretch washes, but a lot of that depends on the individual. And I completely agree with you on the time consuming part! My hair isn't even as thick as yours, but it takes the majority of the day to dry. Best of luck!

lapushka
February 21st, 2018, 12:32 PM
You can't but try, but I'd do it like this. Once a week, do one day more. So not every time you wash, but maybe every second time. To first see what it's like, and to go slow. Maybe you can "mist" the roots with a spritz you either buy or make, with a nice squirt of a fragrant conditioner in there? Just something that came to mind; to refresh it might be nice.

ReptilianFeline
February 22nd, 2018, 05:53 AM
If you feel like your hair might be smlly after an exercise, maybe just rinse it in water? Or would that be too much work as well? Maybe wash every other time, and water rinse every other?

Natalina
February 22nd, 2018, 07:52 AM
Why not? You don't know what may or may not work for you unless you've tried it. :) I heard that baby powder might help with oiliness and smell, and there's also dry shampoo if you want an easier (but possibly a bit more expensive) assist. Good luck!

FallingDarkness
February 22nd, 2018, 08:26 AM
Yea I feel like water would be too much work as well. Although the biggest time sink is how long it takes to fully wash my hair (I do CWC, and it takes a lifetime), the hours of air drying that happen after the fact definitely takes its toll.

I might look into baby powder. We'll see how bad I smell after I exercise today. Last night was supposed to be wash night, so it looks like I'm at least attempting this :D Lol thank you all <3

MusicalSpoons
February 23rd, 2018, 01:04 PM
How did it go? If you really can't stand to stretch the extra day yet, perhaps you could try a scalp wash (shampoo only) or even a scalp rinse. Drying time should be significantly reduced :)

I used to use baby powder before I discovered cornflour; for me the cornflour combs out much better, but I do miss the baby powder smell :o

chomsky
February 23rd, 2018, 01:19 PM
As long as your hair dries in a timely manner is shouldn't smell after a workout. I have to undo the ends of my braid to speed up the drying process. If I don't then yeah, I have to shampoo. :lol:

Good luck with the stretching! (And your hair has gotten so long. I remember when I was lurking and your hair was only APL or so!)