PDA

View Full Version : 4 years and a big chop!

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Hello all! I've been quiet these past few months as I've been putting my mane up and forgetting about it... Detangling the dreaded mop weekly, washing twice a week...

Here's my progress so far: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141082&highlight=classic

And here's my fourth year progress pic:
https://s13.postimg.org/arm5yseyv/DSC01086.jpg

Despite touching thigh I was largely unimpressed with colour and quality. It wasn't fun to have long hair that wasn't pretty! I've been contemplating a chop for the last few months and finally decided to go for it yesterday. Here's what I ended up with after trimming, clarifying, deep conditioning, and combing straight:

https://s13.postimg.org/jcfhpr72v/IMG_0467.jpghttps://s13.postimg.org/r565hyi9j/IMG_0407.jpg

As you can see, I am now kissing hip length with a deep u hem and ends so thick I have to relearn buns :lol: I'm glad I chose quality over quantity, am excited to grow from here, and just CAN'T. STOP. TOUCHING THE HAIR.

Here's to four years!

Groovy Granny
February 21st, 2018, 10:40 AM
Congrats; your hair looks beautiful :love:

What steps did you take to get the deep U?

I can never get it deep enough; it could just be my wispiness :hmm:

I think I read it depends on how much you cut....and you cut a lot.

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 10:51 AM
I did cut quite a bit, however I did it in increments. Divided my hair and brought it to the front. Combed so all the hair stayed straight. Tipped my head forward so my chin met my collarbone, and combed from the scalp to the ends again. From there ran my fingers down my hair to the point I wanted to cut. The trick was tipping my head forward!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2018, 12:08 PM
Gosh, that's beautiful! It was a good decision to cut, your ends are wonderful and thick :)

Beeboo123
February 21st, 2018, 12:10 PM
Your hemline is so blunt and thick, i love it! And the shape! That’s my favorite, a deep U

Groovy Granny
February 21st, 2018, 12:15 PM
I did cut quite a bit, however I did it in increments. Divided my hair and brought it to the front. Combed so all the hair stayed straight. Tipped my head forward so my chin met my collarbone, and combed from the scalp to the ends again. From there ran my fingers down my hair to the point I wanted to cut. The trick was tipping my head forward!

I do the same thing....and I use the ponytail method (under the chin) too; the amount cut makes a difference too it seems.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2018, 12:22 PM
I also love that deep U! I would love that on myself.

Frankenstein
February 21st, 2018, 12:23 PM
:thud: Your hair was very pretty before the chop but it looks amazing after, too. I love the hem!

lapushka
February 21st, 2018, 12:26 PM
It looks quite a bit thicker and more substantial after your cut. Very pretty. :D

You lost a lot of length! Wow.

I can't but admire the length though; I am aiming for thigh myself this year. :o

NightSister
February 21st, 2018, 12:38 PM
So beautiful, and happy that you are happy!

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 12:41 PM
Gosh, that's beautiful! It was a good decision to cut, your ends are wonderful and thick :)

Thank you! Thick ends are fun for now but I hope not trimming them over the next couple years will thin them out a little. Fairy tale ends are my fav! They make securing buns so easy.

Your hemline is so blunt and thick, i love it! And the shape! That’s my favorite, a deep U

Thank you :)

I do the same thing....and I use the ponytail method (under the chin) too; the amount cut makes a difference too it seems.

For the deep u I really leaned forward and pushed the hair forward, too. Especially the hair that frames the forehead. It's more like putting a ponytail on your forehead, haha! Keep in mind mine might look more deep because I part my hair on the side of my head.

Groovy Granny
February 21st, 2018, 12:44 PM
For the deep u I really leaned forward and pushed the hair forward, too. Especially the hair that frames the forehead. It's more like putting a ponytail on your forehead, haha! Keep in mind mine might look more deep because I part my hair on the side of my head.
I do have trouble doing that because my hair is so fine/wispy; I end up just deepening the U by snipping the face framing layers by my hemline. :shrug: LOL

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 12:46 PM
:thud: Your hair was very pretty before the chop but it looks amazing after, too. I love the hem!

Aw, shucks! :flower:

It looks quite a bit thicker and more substantial after your cut. Very pretty. :D

You lost a lot of length! Wow.

I can't but admire the length though; I am aiming for thigh myself this year. :o

Woohoo, congrats! I know classic was your sweet spot for a while. I know, having the length was a big part of my identity but ultimately I reasoned that while I have my health it'll grow back, and this time without the awful splits! I think keeping my hair up and out of the way for four years straight did something to my brain; four more years of growing to get back to that same spot doesn't seem like a long period of time :rollin:

So beautiful, and happy that you are happy!

:wigtongue

Dendra
February 21st, 2018, 12:48 PM
Goodness your hair is stunning MsPharaohMoan, at both lengths, but the thickness in that last shot especially :thud: Also your outfit looks really chic and the cut looks professional!

I really enjoyed seeing your progress from both years.

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 12:49 PM
I do have trouble doing that because my hair is so fine/wispy; I end up just deepening the U by snipping the face framing layers by my hemline. :shrug: LOL

Woah freestyle hair cutting?? That takes skill. I feel like I'd do one tiny snip and end up with blunt bangs across my forehead lol

Goodness your hair is stunning MsPharaohMoan, at both lengths, but the thickness in that last shot especially :thud: Also your outfit looks really chic and the cut looks professional!

I really enjoyed seeing your progress from both years.

So glad you enjoyed, thank you Dendra!

Caraid♫
February 21st, 2018, 12:50 PM
It looks healthy, thick and still very long after all! beautiful!

chomsky
February 21st, 2018, 02:04 PM
Your hair looks so thick and full! I love the cut. :thud:

AutobotsAttack
February 21st, 2018, 04:53 PM
Your hair looks so thick and full! I love the cut. :thud:

Ohhh yes I agree!!! So pretty!

divinedobbie
February 21st, 2018, 04:58 PM
Your hair is amazing!!! Mine will never be that thick but I can dream :crush:

spidermom
February 21st, 2018, 06:40 PM
Excellent result MPM

nycelle
February 21st, 2018, 06:45 PM
It looks phenomenal. Love the cut and the super thick hemline. I'm hoping mine remains thick if it ever gets to your length. If not, I would do the same, chop!

Flowerness
February 21st, 2018, 07:51 PM
I love your hair! It is swoon-worthy! Total hair inspiration, here! It makes me want to trim my hair and straighten it out! (If only my hair did that, of course.)

Enjoy your new hair, it is beautiful! (And think about how fast it'll dry now, and how much less shampoo and conditioner you'll use!)

*Wednesday*
February 21st, 2018, 08:06 PM
You have had wonderful growth and beautiful thick hair. Will you be growing back or maintaining?

MsPharaohMoan
February 21st, 2018, 09:38 PM
Thank you everyone :D I definitely want to grow longer! I don't plan on touching scissor to it for a while. I've basically just cut off all the pre-lhc hair so I'm interested to see how my hair weathers naturally. For example, my bleached hair got months and months of care and protective styling, and all I ever got were monster splits and velcro ends. I bet my post-lhc hair will be more durable.

Corvana
February 21st, 2018, 11:33 PM
:thudpile: Wow! Just... Wow! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Your hair looks so full and healthy after the cut, I can see why you're loving it so much!

And I do wonder if it'll take a little less time to get back to thigh, if you were having a lot of trouble with your damaged ends. There could've been a lot of unnoticed breakage making you take longer!

YvetteVarie
February 22nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
Your hair is gorgeous. So thick, and beautiful. I can't wait to see how it will look as you grow longer

Nenyath
February 22nd, 2018, 11:33 AM
Hello all! I've been quiet these past few months as I've been putting my mane up and forgetting about it... Detangling the dreaded mop weekly, washing twice a week...

Here's my progress so far: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141082&highlight=classic

Despite touching thigh I was largely unimpressed with colour and quality. It wasn't fun to have long hair that wasn't pretty! I've been contemplating a chop for the last few months and finally decided to go for it yesterday. Here's what I ended up with after trimming, clarifying, deep conditioning, and combing straight:

https://s13.postimg.org/jcfhpr72v/IMG_0467.jpghttps://s13.postimg.org/r565hyi9j/IMG_0407.jpg

As you can see, I am now kissing hip length with a deep u hem and ends so thick I have to relearn buns :lol: I'm glad I chose quality over quantity, am excited to grow from here, and just CAN'T. STOP. TOUCHING THE HAIR.

Here's to four years!

Your hair looked gorgeous before, but it is just stunning with that hemline! I am impressed you made that beautiful U- shaped hemline yourself! Happy growing!

PixieP
February 22nd, 2018, 01:37 PM
Stunning! :D

lapushka
February 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Woohoo, congrats! I know classic was your sweet spot for a while. I know, having the length was a big part of my identity but ultimately I reasoned that while I have my health it'll grow back, and this time without the awful splits! I think keeping my hair up and out of the way for four years straight did something to my brain; four more years of growing to get back to that same spot doesn't seem like a long period of time :rollin:

When I cut back from classic to hip November 2016 I thought it would take forever. And now I'm back on my way to classic (between TBL & classic) and... time just flies!

Shorty89
February 22nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
That's a beautiful mane of hair! Are you going to put any more purple in it? I like how that looked.

hobbitlocks
February 22nd, 2018, 07:25 PM
I love how thick your hair looks now- and your hemline is PERFECT. I’m very impressed!

Rustam
February 22nd, 2018, 07:43 PM
It looks great! Congrats! The ends do look really nice.

Pumpkin3826
March 20th, 2018, 02:08 PM

Here's to four years!

Oh my gosh, your hair turned out so well! :agree: Now you can start fresh. It looks so healthy and thick! I applaud you on your bravery. I am sure that took a lot of courage to cut that much off. Did you measure how much you took off?

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 24th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Congratulations on your haircut. Your hair is beautiful. Enjoy your new hair length.

Stray_mind
March 24th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Ohh, looks beautiful! Look at that gorgeous full hemline :) :flower:

njrb
March 24th, 2018, 01:22 PM
It looks very nice! Glad it worked out for you and that you like it.