PDA

View Full Version : Moisturized curls.

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 02:35 AM
Hello, i have a question about moisture. Once i have begin the CG method, is there any specific day or "schedule" to get my hair ends fully moisturized? I mean, i wash my hair every 3-4 days, is this enough or i need to wash a bit more rarely or i need to wash more frequently?

Wavybrunetteuk
February 20th, 2018, 02:48 AM
One thing I have learnt here on LHC is how different everyone's hair is and how many options there are.

I think what you are already doing is great! If your hair gets really greasy no matter what you try, then you can wash your hair more frequently. Otherwise the less often the better. Unless you are CO washing (washing with conditioner only) then you will need to clarify it when your hair needs it.

It is totally up to your hair since everyone's hair is so different, so feel free to experiment. Some people's hair are very oily or very dry.

Try deep-conditioning or hair masks or oils maybe once a week or 1-2 times a month.

Simsy
February 20th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Hello, i have a question about moisture. Once i have begin the CG method, is there any specific day or "schedule" to get my hair ends fully moisturized? I mean, i wash my hair every 3-4 days, is this enough or i need to wash a bit more rarely or i need to wash more frequently?

One thing I have learnt here on LHC is how different everyone's hair is and how many options there are.

I think what you are already doing is great! If your hair gets really greasy no matter what you try, then you can wash your hair more frequently. Otherwise the less often the better. Unless you are CO washing (washing with conditioner only) then you will need to clarify it when your hair needs it.

It is totally up to your hair since everyone's hair is so different, so feel free to experiment. Some people's hair are very oily or very dry.

Try deep-conditioning or hair masks or oils maybe once a week or 1-2 times a month.

Seconding this ^. If your hair feels happy, and isn’t giving you too much grief, then whatever you’re doing is working.

Wavybrunetteuk
February 20th, 2018, 02:55 AM
As far as I've seen some people use oil on their hair every so often. Personally I deep-condition every week on a friday. That's my personal schedule.

Before I used to wash my hair every two days without fail, after starting the curly method I was able to get away with 3 days.

There are also washing options such as WCC (wash condition condition) or CWC which help people have more moisturised hair and there are threads about these.

And also the LOC (leave-in conditioner, oil, styling product) or LCO after you wash you can try out too!

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 03:15 AM
I put on a hair mask once a week, yes i do co-wash since i practice the CG method. And as for shampoo, i use it also once a week along with the hair mask, for example, 1.hair mask applied for 3-5 mins, 2. conditioner and it sits around 3-5 mins, 3. and finally shampoo only at the roots :)

Wavybrunetteuk
February 20th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Wow! It sounds like your routine is already pretty moisturising. You can experiment with different conditioners that are best for CO washing or on your shampoo days. I'm afraid I can't use the search function on this site on my phone so I can't give you a link, but there is a co washing thread you can join and ask any questions about the curly girl method :).

I am also a CG method sister, but I use the low-poo method instead :). Any questions, just ask in any one of the Co washing or curly wurly threads. Btw, I am really admiring your curls in your avatar picture :)

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 04:31 AM
I love your kindness and thank you!
Im glad you said my routine is moisturising because i thought "Hmm, what if i over-moisturize my hair? That wouldnt be good.." and i try my best to keep a balance in order to have healthy hair and grow longer as fast as possible :o
As for my curls/waves, i braid my hair after shower while its damp and sleep, and the next day they get half curly half wavy. I wish my hair would air-dry beautifully but, i already tried that 2 days ago and i couldnt believe my hair was straight flat at the top and wavy/curly at the ends. It was truly horrible and i went straight after to braid them, yes i know my hair hardly gets volume. Due to hormonal change, my hair starts to get straight and wavy, i miss my super curls when i was a kid...

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 04:32 AM
I also really love your hair :3 Pretty waves and beautiful color, it is grey mixed with black?

Wavybrunetteuk
February 20th, 2018, 05:02 AM
Absolutely no problem :)
As for over-moisturizing... only time will tell. If you one day find your hair really oily, weighed down or have product build-up, you can just tweak your current routine.

Ooh my hair is flat on my head and wavy at the ends every day -_- I heard some people do various things to get more volume at the top: such as...
plopping (gathering your wet hair on the top of your head and wrapping a scarf or t-shirt around it)
lots of scrunching
some put some clips near their roots to add volume.
You can experiment.

Ohh Hon, that's a really bad photo I'm sorry. I need to change it to a better one. It's medium brown under very bad lighting :D But thank you so much!!!

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 05:21 AM
Mhmm, i'll be careful about this, i really dont want to over-moisturise my hair..
A thing i do to get a bit volume is scalp massaging :) It helps on hair growth so i like to do that.
I wonder if co-wash helps hair growth.
Ah, i see you changed your photo, it really is a pretty medium brown. You have medium hair? You hair ends seems a bit thin but beautiful and pretty loose waves :3

lapushka
February 20th, 2018, 05:37 AM
If you are fearful of overmoisturizing, get a good clarifying shampoo, and maybe once every 2/3/4 weeks wash with that. That should solve it. And also a protein treatment, or a conditioner with a little more protein (say every 2 weeks). That should be nice.

Other than that, I think you got it covered! :D

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 05:41 AM
That was very helpful! :agree:

Wavybrunetteuk
February 20th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Margarita Ooh when I said medium I meant the colour is neither light nor dark :D I'm sorry. Nah, my hair is pretty thin, you can really see it in this photo. I need to microtrim until it all evens out .

Margarita
February 20th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Also, it is normal feeling my wet hair somehow weird and not so soft but "sticky" after the CG method? :confused:

lapushka
February 20th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Also, it is normal feeling my wet hair somehow weird and not so soft but "sticky" after the CG method? :confused:

Maybe the CO-washing is not agreeing with you? Or, it's already time to shampoo. Or is it after applying the stylers?

Margarita
February 21st, 2018, 02:51 AM
I dont know, that happens when my hair is wet and i only apply a keratin spray upon braids. Then when dry, my hair is soft but the left side of my hair is always too stubborn and the waves become straight, ugh...

lapushka
February 21st, 2018, 03:25 AM
I dont know, that happens when my hair is wet and i only apply a keratin spray upon braids. Then when dry, my hair is soft but the left side of my hair is always too stubborn and the waves become straight, ugh...

Keratin = protein, and you need to be careful with applying that too much, more than once a week = a lot, for instance. This should be more like a weekly, 2-weekly, with some even monthly thing. If you clarify between the treatments there's less of an issue, but if you CO-wash in between it can pile up and too much protein can be as bad as too much moisture. Gotta find the right balance.

Margarita
February 21st, 2018, 09:15 AM
I actually might use this product when the weather is very very humid to hold my waves when i braid my hair. However, i only spray 2-3 times quickly upon my braids :) Another example, when i have to do hair mask and add shampoo(once a week) then i will not spray that product on my hair to not make it "heavy". As you understanded, i mostly use that product when i co-wash/cg method :D