PDA

View Full Version : Collagen Peptides - tried it?

ontheway
February 18th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Collagen Peptides (from Vital Proteins).

A friend of mine has been using it for a year and a half and swears by it. Her hair right now is the longest I've ever seen her hair be, and her skin looks great as well. I'm considering trying it. If any of you have tried it and have feedback, let me know!!

If I start it, I want to use it for at least a year to see what it does... so this would be a big financial undertaking for me (haha).

lottiealice
February 19th, 2018, 12:06 PM
It's expensive, just take a regular collagen supplement.

lapushka
February 19th, 2018, 12:23 PM
If your hair grows 9 inches a year, I don't see how this could possibly contribute, but maybe that's me. 9 inches, means you're already on the high end of growth (super high end).

entish
February 19th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I take hydrolyzed collagen (same thing), but it's more for my joints than anything else. My hair does grow about 3/4" a month since I've been measuring, but I never measured my hair before taking hydrolyzed collagen. So while I do suspect it might help *some*, I don't have any proof to that theory.

young&reckless
February 19th, 2018, 08:59 PM
I have been using the brand Vital Proteins for two months and love the effect. Itís not super expensive and Iím seeing effects with half the recommended amount (one scoop a day). Eating evolved also has a hot cocoa with collagen that is tasty but would be expensive for everyday use.

ontheway
February 20th, 2018, 08:13 PM
It's expensive, just take a regular collagen supplement.

Already ordered it but I agree, it is expensive. I'm taking it at a friend's suggestion. She said it worked wonders, so wanted to know what LHC thought.

If your hair grows 9 inches a year, I don't see how this could possibly contribute, but maybe that's me. 9 inches, means you're already on the high end of growth (super high end).

Is that true? I really never thought my hair grew exceptionally fast. I would have thought 1 inch per month is considered "high end". I've had months where it has grown 1 inch (or more) in a month, but I'm currently at a point where it's growing at 3/4 of an inch per month, which to me doesn't seem exceptionally fast.

I'm also taking it to strengthen my hair, joints, skin, etc. I want the new hair that grows in to be nice. I also want it to help smooth my skin dermatitis issues. ;) It's not all about growth.

I have been using the brand Vital Proteins for two months and love the effect. Itís not super expensive and Iím seeing effects with half the recommended amount (one scoop a day). Eating evolved also has a hot cocoa with collagen that is tasty but would be expensive for everyday use.

This is good to hear, although I do find it expensive. I'm going to try it on one scoop a day I think! Have you noticed it affect your skin too?

lapushka
February 21st, 2018, 10:44 AM
Is that true? I really never thought my hair grew exceptionally fast. I would have thought 1 inch per month is considered "high end". I've had months where it has grown 1 inch (or more) in a month, but I'm currently at a point where it's growing at 3/4 of an inch per month, which to me doesn't seem exceptionally fast.

Normal average growth is 6 inches, some are a bit above, and some get 4 inches a year.

9 inches is *incredible* gotta-have-measured-wrong potential. ;)

LexI bright
February 21st, 2018, 11:39 AM
I have been taking a different (cheaper) brand for nearly 2 months. It is called Prime Vitamina and it's from grass fed cows. I bought from Amazon. I bought for joint, skin, anti-aging benefits but my hair does seem to be growing faster. Or maybe its the henna...:ponder:

Beeboo123
February 21st, 2018, 11:57 AM
My hair grows insanely fast, and I don’t take anything special. To be honest, I don’t think these supplements will help hair grow faster

ontheway
February 21st, 2018, 03:08 PM
Normal average growth is 6 inches, some are a bit above, and some get 4 inches a year.

9 inches is *incredible* gotta-have-measured-wrong potential. ;)

9 inches is just 3/4 of an inch per month though. That isn't insane... if I was saying I grow 24 inches per year, that's another story!

I have been taking a different (cheaper) brand for nearly 2 months. It is called Prime Vitamina and it's from grass fed cows. I bought from Amazon. I bought for joint, skin, anti-aging benefits but my hair does seem to be growing faster. Or maybe its the henna...:ponder:

How is it for hair strength/thickness as well as skin?

My hair grows insanely fast, and I donít take anything special. To be honest, I donít think these supplements will help hair grow faster

I am mainly taking it to strengthen hair and make my skin better. If my hair grows faster with it, that's a huge bonus for me.

lapushka
February 21st, 2018, 05:03 PM
9 inches is just 3/4 of an inch per month though. That isn't insane... if I was saying I grow 24 inches per year, that's another story!

That is a lot for steady growth; be lucky you have that! :D :flower:

Wendyp
February 21st, 2018, 07:02 PM
Just bought some thx for the info! Can’t wait to try it!

*Wednesday*
February 21st, 2018, 09:19 PM
Once you start taking it, document your hair growth monthly.

ETA: Maybe take some monthly pictures.

LexI bright
February 25th, 2018, 11:31 AM
How is it for hair strength/thickness as well as skin?

I suppose it is the protein in it that helps the hair growth, and the collagen for the skin. But that is just my guess :)

Wendyp
February 25th, 2018, 01:18 PM
ok just started drinking my collagen peptides today, no taste, added it to my smoothie with my clean protein from mansports and plain old whole organic milk. I just upload pics of progress over the years, just stopped a whole host of bad practices, my poor hemline:blueeek: But im on track now, no bleach, no hairdresses who love to chop, and no more wearing hair down every day. Ill post my progress and what i think of CP.