PDA

View Full Version : boring blond.

forgotten1
October 30th, 2008, 01:03 AM
i'm thinking about doing something with my hair. i'm growing it out again and i'm in that weird phase that seems like it never going to end. i have platinum blond hair but i hate how thin it looks. i've dyed it a million different colors but the roots come out horribly. is there any type of color of something that won't make my roots as vivid. i'm wanting a pretty ruby red color but i know that's a huge change. any suggestions?

aisling
October 30th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Platinum blond roots will always be very visible, you have to use a colour very close to your own hair colour for them not to come out very much. The only thing I can think of right now are some lowlights in a slightly darker colour, they could give some depth and life to your hair colour without creating a huge root problem.

You do realise that platinum blond is like the colour, the colour many want and try to achieve? Just look at a bunch of stars, many of them are really blond with better or worse result :)

Curlsgirl
October 30th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I agree that lowlights would be the best thing. They wouldn't be so obvious if you decide to let it grow out but would add some dimension to your hair too. If you are growing your hair long you want to stop dying all over the length and just maintain the roots unless you use temporary dyes. I used to do that and it's very damaging, trust me! I understand about wanting a change though.