PDA

View Full Version : Spray bottle with water and conditioner question.

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Hi again, im a natural curly hair girl with a little bit natural frizziness on my hair. My curls start to get loose after 2-3 days and im wondering: in order to restore my curls, can i use a spray bottle with water and a little bit of conditioner? Will it cause damage to my hair? Note:If you ask me when i wash my hair, i wash every 3-4 days :)

akurah
February 13th, 2018, 10:14 AM
It’s unlikely that it will damage your hair, but I would recommend a leave in spray conditioner over making one unless you’re going through it very quickly. Diluting conditioner will dilute preservatives, and can result in funky growth within said bottle you make.

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 10:19 AM
So i guess its kind of beneficial using it. What do you mean exactly by 'funky growth'?

akurah
February 13th, 2018, 05:22 PM
So i guess its kind of beneficial using it. What do you mean exactly by 'funky growth'?

Fungus and bacteria. Stuff you don’t want on your hair. If you go through it fast enough it isn’t a concern really, but you can completely negate that risk by using pre-made leave in conditioner sprays like what Carols Daughter and others make.

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 02:26 AM
I see, sure enough im not willing let bacteria and fungus partying on my hair, lol. Anyway, i just decided to use it no more than 1 time. For example, i washed my hair 4 days ago, so i used the spray water and conditioner method on the third day, let it stay for only 1 day and then i washed my hair because it gets oily after 3 days. If leave-in-conditioner are so much beneficial, im looking forward to use one. Thanks for your help! :)

lapushka
February 14th, 2018, 03:18 AM
I had these travel size spritzer bottles (100ml), filled these half with water and a little conditioner and used it for the week. It was often gone before that, as it was only 50ml.