PDA

View Full Version : Very thin hair ends help!!!

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 06:06 AM
https://ibb.co/kY0rmSHello, i posted a similar topic a month ago about my thin hair ends. I decided to post an image of my hair actually looks like, and i really need your help. Okay, once you see my hair ends, i swear they dont look SO THIN in camera because camera change everything in a photo. As you can see, my hair ends are awfully thin, no matter what i do, my upper hair is thicker and they dont frizz at all. I TRIM my hair ends EVERY 2 MONTHS only a bit but, my hair continues this way and im very sad and anxious about it. NOTE: I dont have any split ends! I dont use any conditioner anymore because it make it worse, NOR i use heat! My routine after shower is: Once my hair is damp, i braid it a little bit tight and sleep so the other day will be wavy/curly. I dye my hair every 1-2 months with a organic hair dye. I've tried cremes,oils and seriously nothing works. I know most of you will say to cut my hair shorter, but my hair is already in a bob haircut and im stuggling to grow my hair long but, if it continues to be in this AWFUL way of having thin ends like this, it will never seem to grow. I seriously need hair what to do, i love my hair and i dont want to cut them more! Help!

https://preview.ibb.co/kez6Ln/IMG_20180213_143646.jpg (https://ibb.co/kY0rmS)
https://ibb.co/kY0rmS

JennGalt
February 13th, 2018, 06:27 AM
I've got thin ends too. Sometimes the elastics used to hold braids and ponytails can cause breakage. If you wear braids often, I would suspect that's the cause. I've stopped using elastics as of this week (except for special occasions) and hopefully it'll help. That said, even hairs on the same head can have different growth rates, and that can cause fairytale ends. Mine definitely don't grow at all the same rate and are thus prone to fairytaling, so to some extent it's just something I'll have to accept. Perhaps yours is this way too?

Don't stress over it too much. Your hair still looks nice! :)

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 06:30 AM
It doesn't look thin to me - it looks like brushed out waves. Have you ever heard of curly girl? I would try the curly girl method and if you can't do that for one reason or another, at least moisturize the hair more with good conditioners. You'll see a difference in no time, I promise you that and BTW, trimming is not going to make it better!

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 06:37 AM
No thin? I seriously cant understand whats happening in my hair tho :/ I never brush my hair. You know what, in order to keep my waves or curls or whatever it is, i braid them again from close to roots till down my ends and so i wet them with water and sleep but, guess what happen the next day....its gets FRIZZY and my ends looks thinner even more and its driving me crazy!!! I get sad when i see thick hair girls with thick hair ends, as well as jealous...My mom says its from hormonal inbalance since im still 17 and i also PCOS :( I dont know if my hair is over-moisturized or not, because clearly my hair changes on every wash. I mostly have bad hair dyes so it makes me desperate. I've tried multiple frizz-fre products and absolutely nothing helps.

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I also forgot to tell that i wash my hair with only cold water! :)

spidermom
February 13th, 2018, 06:55 AM
I think that's the texture you get from braiding it tightly. If I were you, I wouldn't.

ravenheather
February 13th, 2018, 07:48 AM
i have never gotten nonfrizzy braid waves. I also think read up on curly girl. I think ones natural texture usually looks the best.

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I'll help you out here - this is the curly girl (CG) method:
https://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

You could also try washing and conditioning twice (WCC method, see my signature).

I would not wash with cold water, though. Wash with warm water (not HOT), otherwise you will not be able to rinse out your products properly and this might lead to build-up. You *can* do a cold water rinse, but that should be your last step, before you wring the hair out and put it in the towel.

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Oh, it looks enough helpful. I'll try it and see what it can do to my hair. One question about the CG: Because my hair hardly get volume, when i complete the progression conditioning only my hair ends(and not roots because i have oily hair and i dont have enough money to buy sillicone-free conditioner), and then gets very wet almost to damp, and apply my Bb Curl Creme and then blow dry with a diffuser(occasionally once a week in order to not get any heat damage) will it help?

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Oh, it looks enough helpful. I'll try it and see what it can do to my hair. One question about the CG: Because my hair hardly get volume, when i complete the progression conditioning only my hair ends(and not roots because i have oily hair and i dont have enough money to buy sillicone-free conditioner), and then gets very wet almost to damp, and apply my Bb Curl Creme and then blow dry with a diffuser(occasionally once a week in order to not get any heat damage) will it help?

I can't predict that. You'll have to figure it out as you go. Some of us still have to shampoo, so that's fine too, it's just the way you condition that is important then. You don't need to go silicone-free either if you don't want. Plenty of us use a sort of "modified" curly girl method. It is just the gist of it that you need to get. It is a way of doing your hair; for instance check out the LOC/LCO method for styling (also in my signature). And remember each layer doesn't need a lot of product, but it is something about layering that does it.

Also if you diffuse, diffuse on warm/cool, and you'll be fine. I diffuse weekly (I weekly wash) without problems. I do towel dry for 30-45 min. then airdry for 2-4H before I diffuse (then I'll only need to do it for 5 min. tops).

Margarita
February 13th, 2018, 10:29 AM
I see. Thank you very much for your help :)

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 03:40 PM
I see. Thank you very much for your help :)

If you need more help or it doesn't work the way you want it too, just ask or comment, or let us know! We'll figure something else out!

AutobotsAttack
February 13th, 2018, 07:07 PM
As others have said I think your hair looks fine. Towards the ends is where natural taper, and see-through looking ends happen. It’s rather normal. You could probably just keep up with very small microtrims or dusting.

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 02:50 AM
Update:Yesteday i used water mixed with a little bit of conditioner in a spray bottle and sprayed my hair. This is how my hair ends looks like now:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Tq2Nh"><a href="//imgur.com/Tq2Nh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 02:50 AM
Oh no, it seems im having trouble uploading a photo from imgur, can someone help me? :/

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 03:03 AM
Lets try one more time:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/rosesunderthesky/IMG_20180214_113408_zpsmqvbbjou.jpg

lapushka
February 14th, 2018, 03:16 AM
It doesn't look as dry, and this is a perfectly normal way hair is supposed to look. It even wurls better! I would stop dry brushing or dry combing, just try finger detangling and misting it is a good way to go about it!

Yay, girl,you did it!

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 03:30 AM
*bows* Thank you, thank you :hifive: Also, i will update when im gonna try the curly girl method! ;)

Ariel love
February 22nd, 2018, 07:25 AM
I think slowly microtrimming and oiling

lapushka
February 22nd, 2018, 07:32 AM
I think slowly microtrimming and oiling

With the added moisture, she doesn't have to trim for quite some time! My personal opinion. :flower: