PDA

View Full Version : Defined curls until I touch them in any way - then a frizzy mess!

komodo
February 12th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Help :confused:

I got my hair to be pretty defined and it was great! Until, I put my hands in a praying hands motion over it to see if it was dry yet and it was - but it immediately made frizzies.

Is this supposed to happen or is there some way I can tame this?

ExpectoPatronum
February 12th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Curly hair is pretty notorious for frizzing up if you so much as look at it wrong, but especially if you touch it while it's drying, or after it's dried, or any other time you put your hands to it.

What kind of products are you using in your hair? And when you do the praying motion, are you stretching the hair or lightly touching it? If your curls get stretched even a little when you're touching them, that can possibly lead to the frizz you're noticing.

komodo
February 12th, 2018, 07:24 PM
h
Curly hair is pretty notorious for frizzing up if you so much as look at it wrong, but especially if you touch it while it's drying, or after it's dried, or any other time you put your hands to it.

What kind of products are you using in your hair? And when you do the praying motion, are you stretching the hair or lightly touching it? If your curls get stretched even a little when you're touching them, that can possibly lead to the frizz you're noticing.

I was trying without any gel or anything - the only thing I had in my hair was Redken's Anti-Snap + a little of HE's Hello Hydration.

And I was stretching it all the way - so that's a bad thing, haha.

So, should I be aiming for just literally neer touching my hair after it's "done"?

chomsky
February 13th, 2018, 05:32 AM
h

I was trying without any gel or anything - the only thing I had in my hair was Redken's Anti-Snap + a little of HE's Hello Hydration.

So, should I be aiming for just literally neer touching my hair after it's "done"?

My curls do this when they aren't 100% hydrated and moisturised, so I have to apply product on sopping wet hair. Seal all that juiciness in. :lol:

But yeah, maybe just pick the roots out a bit if you want. Other than that no touching or pulling unless you've got a good gel.

Or do it with wet and oiled hands! Forgot that tip. Smooths the hair down some.

Hairkay
February 13th, 2018, 05:44 AM
That's why I reserve wash and gos for hot summer days when I let my hair drip dry because I don't use gels or styling products.

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 06:40 AM
h

I would get on YT and find some other naturals and watch their videos. I like this girl, because she loves gel in general (Eco Styler) about as much as I do.
https://www.youtube.com/user/brwnbarbi

Yeah, stretching it and not having holding products in it is a recipe for frizz. ;)

ExpectoPatronum
February 13th, 2018, 01:46 PM
My curls do this when they aren't 100% hydrated and moisturised, so I have to apply product on sopping wet hair. Seal all that juiciness in. :lol:

But yeah, maybe just pick the roots out a bit if you want. Other than that no touching or pulling unless you've got a good gel.

Or do it with wet and oiled hands! Forgot that tip. Smooths the hair down some.

That'll do it! Definitely avoid touching your hair as much as you can. Even my looser texture can be a frizz bomb when I touch it. I also second applying products to soaking wet hair - that really helps me avoid frizz.

jenni626yz
February 13th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Help :confused:

I got my hair to be pretty defined and it was great! Until, I put my hands in a praying hands motion over it to see if it was dry yet and it was - but it immediately made frizzies.

Is this supposed to happen or is there some way I can tame this?

Kinky curly coiling custard...the best gel on the market for the price!!

AceOfCurls
February 13th, 2018, 03:17 PM

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself!

You don't touch curls period.