PDA

View Full Version : Could I have some hair typing help, please

Suortuva
February 10th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Hi,
I read the thread about 1c/2a hair, and I can really identify myself with everything. But I'm not sure. So I would really appreciate some help with hair typing, and now I finally managed to take some pictures. Air drying, no touching, no products.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30212&d=1518301136

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30211&d=1518301119

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30213&d=1518301160

lapushka
February 10th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I would say 1c, maybe 1c/2a. :)

lithostoic
February 10th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Looks like 1c to me! You might even develop more wave as you gain length.

Dark40
February 10th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Hi, I would also like to know what my hair type is too! I am also confused about hair typing. How do you upload photos on this thread? I new to this. If you would like to see a photo of my hair you can go to my profile page.

Suortuva
February 11th, 2018, 01:22 AM
Thank you so much lapushka & lithostoic! :blossom:
Seems that I was right about my hair type then. It's interesting that I have lot more waves now compared to when my hair was above my shoulders. I really like it.

Dark40, I can't really explain how to upload pictures (because I'm not good at explaining things), but if you have them in your album (I couldn't see any in your page), you can find an individual link for every picture and just copy and paste it in your answer, that is what I did.

lapushka
February 11th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Hi, I would also like to know what my hair type is too! I am also confused about hair typing. How do you upload photos on this thread? I new to this. If you would like to see a photo of my hair you can go to my profile page.

I can't see a picture on your profile page, or am I looking over it?

Just go to imgur, make an account, create an album & set it to private, then upload, and then paste the BB code into a message here.

Or create a public album on here, and put a picture in there, then link it.

draysmir
February 12th, 2018, 05:37 AM
I would say 1c/2a :) As lithostoic mentioned, you might develop more waves as your hair gets longer. My waves didn't fully show fully until about BSL I'd say. And like you mentioned, your waves now didn't show up until you were around shoulder length, so you may end up being even wavier!

Dark40
February 12th, 2018, 04:43 PM

Just go to imgur, make an account, create an album & set it to private, then upload, and then paste the BB code into a message here.

I think you might have looked over it. I had just uploaded a picture on my page 2 or 3 days ago. It's under my albums section.

Dark40
February 12th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Oh yeah, now I see it disappeared or was deleted. Because, I sure had one on there. I'll try to re-load it again.

Dark40
February 12th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Thank you so much lapushka & lithostoic! :blossom:
Seems that I was right about my hair type then. It's interesting that I have lot more waves now compared to when my hair was above my shoulders. I really like it.

Dark40, I can't really explain how to upload pictures (because I'm not good at explaining things), but if you have them in your album (I couldn't see any in your page), you can find an individual link for every picture and just copy and paste it in your answer, that is what I did.

Ok, I have it in my album now. Hopefully you can see it. I know how to upload pictures on here. You have upload it from photos already on your computer but it has to be in jpg. Hopefully, you can what's my hair type.

Dark40
February 12th, 2018, 05:52 PM

Ok, now I got a picture in my album on my page. I hope you can see what is my hair type.

lucid
February 13th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Ok, now I got a picture in my album on my page. I hope you can see what is my hair type.

But you are relaxing your hair, right? So it's not really possible to determine your hair type now, as far as I'm aware...

lapushka
February 13th, 2018, 03:42 PM
But you are relaxing your hair, right? So it's not really possible to determine your hair type now, as far as I'm aware...

I agree. That seems like it's straight to me, but it's relaxed, so it's not your true hairtype. Are you 3b when not relaxed, because that's what your profile says. :)

Dark40
February 14th, 2018, 07:38 PM

Yes, that's right. I'm relaxing it. Well, I have a naturally curly thick hair. Awwww, I bet it is hard to be able to determine my hair type now...I wish that I had some natural photos of my hair with it being curly and thick...

Dark40
February 14th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Yes, I think I'm 3b when I'm not relaxed. I do agree that when the hair is relaxed it is considered straight. :)

Suortuva
February 15th, 2018, 12:32 AM
I would say 1c/2a :) As lithostoic mentioned, you might develop more waves as your hair gets longer. My waves didn't fully show fully until about BSL I'd say. And like you mentioned, your waves now didn't show up until you were around shoulder length, so you may end up being even wavier!

Thanks draysmir! :agree:

I once cut my hair quite short (neck/ chin) and thought I would get more waves when it's shorter... Well, that didn't happen att all, all the waves disappeared and my hair just behaved really badly...