PDA

View Full Version : My hair curls different now than it use to?

anonymous_owl
February 8th, 2018, 06:09 PM
When I was a kid, my hair was super curly from root to tip. Not it's like some of curls have died. Even when I would excessively straighten my hair in high school (I know, not good) when I would wash it, it would go back to crazy curly. Now it doesn't, and it really irritates me. My bangs are the big problem. Ibe been growing them out since I heat damaged them and it looks like they're heat damaged again. I have only used my straightener twice in the past 2 years, and 2 times in December. Even then I loaded my hair with heat protectant. When I put mouse in my hair or even just let it air dry with no product, my bangs always look curly when wet, but not when they're dry.

Do they get ruined when I just love my hair behind my ears?

It's still kinda curly, but compared to the rest of my hair, it's not the same

Jo Ann
February 8th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Putting your hair behind your ears when wet, and keeping it there until it dries, would have a mild straightening effect on your bangs.

Maybe use a diffuser on your bangs and see if they retain their curl? Or wait until your hair is dry before tucking it behind your ears?

spidermom
February 8th, 2018, 07:27 PM
You can try ways to enhance the curl. Look up the curly girl method.

Hair can change over time, though. Sometimes you just have to roll with the changes.

lithostoic
February 9th, 2018, 12:30 AM
My coworker's hair used to be spiral curly and now it's more or less straight. This occurred after having kids, maybe a life-altering event did for you too?

spirals
February 9th, 2018, 12:42 AM
I'm thinking the life-altering event was puberty. Hormones can change the shape of your follicles. For example when I was a kid my hair was wavy and in junior high school it went more curly.

chomsky
February 9th, 2018, 03:05 AM
Yeah curls change over time. I used to have 3c curls all over when I was younger. Now my hair has loosened considerably at the top and front, it's more of a wave now. Gives me major triangle head. :lol:

My mum's hair went from 3c to 3a/b curls over time.

lapushka
February 9th, 2018, 04:40 AM
Yes I would look up the curly girl method.

What's your current routine like? Do you style after with styling products?

Arciela
February 9th, 2018, 06:12 AM
After I bleached mine a few times it ruined the curl pattern for me as it changed the structure of the hair. Now as its growing out its slowly getting better and back to how it was (curls and waves) but I'm guessing like last time I grew out my hair, the curl/wave pattern won't be back to normal until my hair is virgin again.

I could be totally wrong, but maybe the damage to your hair did something similar? Also suggesting try the cg method, its what I've been doing while I grow out this mess and it helps a bit.

nycelle
February 9th, 2018, 07:31 AM
I'm thinking the life-altering event was puberty. Hormones can change the shape of your follicles. For example when I was a kid my hair was wavy and in junior high school it went more curly.

I think so too.
When I was a kid, my hair was straighter. Now I have an S wave. Hormones do that.