PDA

View Full Version : Do you get funny reactions from people who haven't seen you in a while?

Rustam
February 8th, 2018, 04:25 PM
This morning was the first time I've run into someone I know pretty well but haven't seen since I started growing out my hair. She didn't recognize me at first and then was really surprised, which surprised/confused me a bit. how much my appearance has changed since she last saw me didn't occur to me right away. Made for a good conversation for a bit. I am kind of looking forward to it happening again.

jera
February 8th, 2018, 04:31 PM
This morning was the first time I've run into someone I know pretty well but haven't seen since I started growing out my hair. She didn't recognize me at first and then was really surprised, which surprised/confused me a bit. how much my appearance has changed since she last saw me didn't occur to me right away. Made for a good conversation for a bit. I am kind of looking forward to it happening again.

I hope it happens again for you. Since I've always worn my hair longish, except when I have a hair disaster, people are used to seeing me with long hair all the time. But when I experience some good growth I do love the compliments. ;)

hayheadsbird
February 9th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Because I wear my hair up so consistently if it's down for any reason then I'll generally get a comment from someone about the length. Most folk say they didn't realise it had grown so much because it's always up!

Groovy Granny
February 9th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I get the "Oh wow ~ your hair is so long".....and rarely do they say if they like it or not :lol:

Of course at MY age and in this area, most 'curl up and dye' and keep it short/trendy....so I could care less what they think :lala:

It is obvious with many that they DO color their hair so who are they kidding?!....they are just older women with colored hair :rollin:

I love doing my own thing with my long silver and unique styles/hair toys :rockerdud

Hippuris
February 9th, 2018, 01:27 PM
I get "Oh your hair is super long" too but it's funny because I don't think my hair is longer than average. I just know many short haired people who aren't used to long hairs. :cool:

Dark40
February 9th, 2018, 04:59 PM

I also hope it happens for you again too. Yeah, I get the same feeling too! Except for I had just found a longtime friend of mine that used to have hip length hair in high school, and I thought that I had seen here somewhere in a video recently, and her hair was halfway back down to hip length again. I'm not sure if it's the right person or not. Because, there is another person that has the same first and last name as my friend that I met in high school. But I actually have always had long hair for many years. So, I get many compliments too.

Beeboo123
February 9th, 2018, 10:42 PM
“OHMYGOD DID YOU PERM YOUR HAIR? IT’S SOOOOOO CURLY!!! CAN I TOUCH IT? WOW IT SPRINGS RIGHT BACK WHEN I PULL IT STRAIGHT!!!”

That happens nearly everytime I see someone I haven’t met in a while... My hair isn’t even curly, just wavy wurly. I find their reactions really funny.

Groovy Granny
February 10th, 2018, 09:34 AM
In the Summer humidity I am often asked if I permed my hair because I go from sleek in dry air to double volume curl explosions :rollin:

Beckstar
February 10th, 2018, 09:38 AM
All the time. "Your hair is purple and shaved!". :D

Groovy Granny
February 10th, 2018, 10:13 AM
All the time. "Your hair is purple and shaved!". :D

ROFLOL.....yeah it is....and???? :P

I love those open ended statements affirming the OBVIOUS.... what they don't say tells you a lot ;)

Who cares?! :wigtongue

Rock on :rockerdud

Aunty Miki
February 10th, 2018, 10:31 AM
When my sister and I were teens, she told me that I looked ugly in long hair. My hair barely touched my shoulders, whereas hers was bra strap length. She didn't want competition, I guess. It was the 80s, so that was long hair, then.