PDA

View Full Version : New hair dye with omegaplex

diddiedaisy
February 8th, 2018, 03:54 AM
Schwarzkopf has introduced a new dye with Omegaplex which repairs broken bonds. They also have a shampoo and conditioner containing it.

It’s called colour expert. The hair dye is approx £6.80 and the s&c are £4 each for 250ml. I’ve bought the conditioner to try, and next time I do my roots I’m going to try the dye. It will work out cheaper than buying a separate olaplex.

PixieP
February 8th, 2018, 06:07 AM
I have seen the dye in stores, and want to try it! But they don't have a copper shade :(

I hadn't seen the S&C, but that I am very interested in trying!

AutobotsAttack
February 8th, 2018, 06:52 AM
The prices look very nice and affordable.

Reminds me of the Olaplex treatments, just more pocket friendly.

diddiedaisy
February 8th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Definitely more pocket friendly. I’ll report back on the conditioner. Pixiep, you might be able to get it via the internet :)

AutobotsAttack
February 8th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Definitely more pocket friendly. I’ll report back on the conditioner. Pixiep, you might be able to get it via the internet :)

Oh please do. I see you have fine hair, as do I, so I definitely want to know how your hair fairs.

I tried the Schwarzkopf keratin treatment some years back... works very very well.

kickrz22
February 8th, 2018, 10:08 AM
Would love to hear what you think! I am to try anything to strengthen and repair breakage!

nycelle
February 8th, 2018, 10:27 AM

I would love to hear about it as well.

I just received Olaplex 3 today and will be using it this weekend. I spoke with them prior to the purchase, and was told it works just as well on virgin hair that has damage due to heat, or environment.
Hoping it helps, but would like to try something less expensive too!

diddiedaisy
February 9th, 2018, 01:42 AM
I used the conditioner this morning. My hair is dyed blonde, super fine and wavy, yep got all it all going on in the everything to make hair weak game haha. It is however very soft and shiny.

Generally if my hair doesn’t like a conditioner it will tell me straight away. This conditioner has a nice smell and goes on well. My hair wasn’t tangly when wet and dry isn’t as soft and slippery as usual, but to be honest that’s a slight benefit for me as sometimes it will slip out of my flexi 8 if I haven’t twisted it exactly right. I don’t know how much silicone it has in it.

The only thing that makes me wonder about this conditioner is that it’s a put on and rinse, it doesn’t say to leave it on for any length of time. As an olaplex user which you need to leave on for a decent amount of time, it makes me suspicious as to wether or not it’s on the hair long enough to have an effect. Maybe the science thing is a bit different.

I think what I might do to counteract my suspicion is use it as an overnight leave-in and maybe every other day or so as a proper conditioner.

Overall I’m happy with how it performed today, but it’s one of those products that you need to use for a while before you might see the benefit and I will continue to use it. It could well be a game changer for processed, wavy/curly or super fine hair. :)

LadyCelestina
February 9th, 2018, 02:32 AM
I think these Omega and Salon plex and whatever other plexes Schwarzkopf makes are just a gimmick feeding off the popularity of actual Olaplex.

Syoss (by Schwarzkopf as well) has another -plex formula claim, if you'd like to try it, it's called Salonplex or something like that.

lapushka
February 9th, 2018, 06:27 AM
The only thing that makes me wonder about this conditioner is that it’s a put on and rinse, it doesn’t say to leave it on for any length of time. As an olaplex user which you need to leave on for a decent amount of time, it makes me suspicious as to wether or not it’s on the hair long enough to have an effect. Maybe the science thing is a bit different.

Any rinse-out conditioner I have, there is never a time on it as to how long to leave it in. Never. Sometimes it even says rinse straight away. I typically leave my conditioners in 2 min. and then I rinse them out. I have found that is a good time, and I don't have forever to let them sit as I condition 2 times (WCC). I, however, wouldn't leave it in overnight if it's a rinse out, not with this "treatment" in it. Maybe deep condition with it and do it for 20-30 min. with a shower cap on.

My mom uses Syoss. She has a few dyes left with the old formula, but maybe she'll get the new one next time. I have no clue. Whatever covers the gray the best will have to do!

nycelle
February 9th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Oh, there's another one that I want to mention that's supposed to be similar to Olaplex but less expensive;
"Redken PH Bonder"

A friend of mine mentioned it last night, and said how good it was. Did a search here but nothing came up.

diddiedaisy
February 9th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Any rinse-out conditioner I have, there is never a time on it as to how long to leave it in. Never. Sometimes it even says rinse straight away. I typically leave my conditioners in 2 min. and then I rinse them out. I have found that is a good time, and I don't have forever to let them sit as I condition 2 times (WCC). I, however, wouldn't leave it in overnight if it's a rinse out, not with this "treatment" in it. Maybe deep condition with it and do it for 20-30 min. with a shower cap on.

My mom uses Syoss. She has a few dyes left with the old formula, but maybe she'll get the new one next time. I have no clue. Whatever covers the gray the best will have to do!

You’re probably right about the overnight. I have left olaplex on overnight though as it stops working when your hair is dry, and mine dries quite quickly being so fine.

I’m still using my stash of dyes I got nearly two years ago, it’s Vidal Sassoon. I got it for 99p a box!!!! I’ve only got one left now. I love me a stash haha :)

lapushka
February 9th, 2018, 11:27 AM
You’re probably right about the overnight. I have left olaplex on overnight though as it stops working when your hair is dry, and mine dries quite quickly being so fine.

I’m still using my stash of dyes I got nearly two years ago, it’s Vidal Sassoon. I got it for 99p a box!!!! I’ve only got one left now. I love me a stash haha :)

I think my mom just used one of the Salonplex (Syoss) dyes last time. I don't think she noticed that big a difference. Yes the color is lasting a bit better but she didn't extra wash it, and that might have something to do with it.

Sarez
April 12th, 2018, 07:34 PM

How are you going with it? Have you tried the SCHWARZKOPF*Extra Care Fibre Therapy Treatment as well?
I just used a colour reomover to take off all the brown box dye on my hair, but can see lots of bleach and peroxide damage on the ends, so am wondering if this is worth it, and following this thread for any updates 😄

Wendyp
April 12th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Oh, there's another one that I want to mention that's supposed to be similar to Olaplex but less expensive;
"Redken PH Bonder"

A friend of mine mentioned it last night, and said how good it was. Did a search here but nothing came up.
I have been doing the in salon redken ph bonder to repair old damage which I’m proud to say I’m not causing any more lol. Im doing cassia now which I love. I’m not willing to cut so these treatments have been helpful.

diddiedaisy
April 13th, 2018, 02:49 AM
I used it last week. Mixed emotions really. My hair felt tangle free even with the dye on, this never happens so it’s obviously laden with moisturisers/silicon. Happy with this.

I did full head dye as I hadn’t done it in over a year, I generally just do roots.

The colour though...I usually use level 8.3 which leaves me with a shade of blonde I like. I used no 8 with this because it then jumps to 10. I ended up with what I call light brown, americans would call it dark blonde. The reason I dye my hair is I don’t like my natural dark blonde on me, my skin tone suits the lighter tones I had up until my 30s.

The upshot was I had to redye. I used a level 10 (different brand) due to how dark my hair was. It’s still darker than my usual level 8.3 though. I’m hoping it will fade over the coming weeks.

So I’ve had to do 2 full head dyes, and if it doesn’t fade I’ll need a full head dye next time too. Really not happy about this.

I don’t think I’ll use it again because of the colour, but if I was dying it dark I’d probably be very happy with it.

lapushka
April 13th, 2018, 06:25 AM
My mom last dyed it 29th of January. On April 9th she washed it again (she can go long long long between washes) and the dye had lightened considerably and there was also already regrowth, so I'm thinking in a few months she'll have to color it again (May/June'ish).

The Salonplex doesn't seem to hang on to dye any better than the regular formula did. :(