PDA

View Full Version : Hair Inspirations!

Sammybunny711
October 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I can't remember if we have done this on the new LHC but I think on the archived LHC we had a pretty long thread going about our hair idols and such. Mine is personally Eowyn from Lord of the Rings. I just LOVE her hair and I truly hope mine is as beautiful as hers when it gets long. What about you all?:D

Amara
October 30th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Eowyn is a good one. I always laugh at her hiking to Helmsdeep with her hair down and blowing around. SO unrealistic! LOL

I realized the other day watching LotR that my hair is about as long as hers was! Woot! It never seems as long on me, you know?

One of my hair idols is Ansuya - www.ansuya.com. I've taken some dance instruction from her and her dancing is as great as her hair. :)

Red Jezebel
October 30th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Two paintings, actually:
John Collier's Lilith (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/John_Collier_-_Lilith.JPG), 1892 (a nude, for those offended by such things)
Edmund Leighton's The Accolade (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Edmund_blair_leighton_accolade.jpg), 1901.The latter in particular is completely inspirational to me.

I also agree with the LotR hair comment - always beautiful.

chicken
October 30th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I loved the hair from Emily Procter, Calleigh I-can't-spell-the-last-name from CSI Miami. It was about waist, blonde and straight... But in the last two seasons her hair is shorter and shorter. Now it's a bit longer than APL, layered and really makes her older. Really sad. Haven't found a new hair idol...

Teazel
October 30th, 2008, 03:01 AM
When I was a kid I was in awe of Fiorinda, in E.R. Eddison's books. She had dark hair to her ankles, and her hair (usually in updos) was described in sumptuous language. Ah, Fiorinda. The night she wore glow-worms in her hair, you just knew something earth-shattering was afoot. :scared:

Robbi Dehlinger
October 30th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Hi!

In the first book of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" in The Chronicles of Narnia, Lucy and Susan are explained as having hair to their knees when they were reigning as Queens!

I thot that sounded soooooo lovely!:)

Periwinkle
October 30th, 2008, 06:03 AM
The Lady in John William Waterhouse's painting of The Lady of Shalott has absolutely beautiful hair :)

Tapioca
October 30th, 2008, 09:15 AM
My profile picture. It's the Goose Girl. I can't remember the artist.

Robbi Dehlinger
October 30th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Hi Tapioca!

You're right!