PDA

View Full Version : Hendigo/Amla question

Harini
February 7th, 2018, 10:06 PM
So my husband decided to join me on the henna/herbs wagon! :D
I'm mixing up henna for myself and a separate batch of henna to do a 1:1 henna:indigo batch for him (naturally medium cool brown). I will also be mixing amla for both of us on the side as well (he's a curly and my waves have gone straight). I let the henna sit overnight and know amla and indigo each take 30 mins to release before application so I'll mix those in the morning.

My question is: is it okay to add the indigo/amla straight into the henna with water to release 30 minutes before application, or do they need to be in separate containers to release?
I only ask because I don't have so many containers :)
Thanks in advance! :flower:

Nightshade
February 7th, 2018, 11:31 PM
You can totally add them at once Harini. Use about 1/3 the amount of amla as you're using henna, mix that up with the indigo, then add them both to the henna mud and apply. :)

Harini
February 7th, 2018, 11:58 PM
You can totally add them at once Harini. Use about 1/3 the amount of amla as you're using henna, mix that up with the indigo, then add them both to the henna mud and apply. :)
Thanks Nightshade! :)
Just to clarify, do I need to let the amla and indigo mix sit first or can they be added immediately without any waiting?
(I reread my question and worried it was worded vaguely)
Sorry, I've never used indigo and don't want to turn my Hubby's whites orange.

Harini
February 8th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Sorry to double post but another concern arose...
If I mix the henna with ACV will the indigo still release, or maybe I should let it release separately? :(
If I do release separate, will adding it to ACV henna cause it to not take or anything?

Nightshade
February 8th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Thanks Nightshade! :)
Just to clarify, do I need to let the amla and indigo mix sit first or can they be added immediately without any waiting?
(I reread my question and worried it was worded vaguely)
Sorry, I've never used indigo and don't want to turn my Hubby's whites orange.

Don't wait :) Mix it in and apply it. You have a very limited time to work with the indigo before it demises, and the amla will do its job while its on your head. :)

Sorry to double post but another concern arose...
If I mix the henna with ACV will the indigo still release, or maybe I should let it release separately? :(
If I do release separate, will adding it to ACV henna cause it to not take or anything?

I wouldn't use ACV with henna if you're using indigo. It's not necessary for dye release and only hurts the indigo. :)