PDA

View Full Version : 14 Months After Pixie

Vanille_
February 5th, 2018, 02:57 PM
I haven't been here in soooooo long. I'm pretty sure it's because I pretty much felt like an outsider after I did the big chop. Anyhow, while I LOVED the pixie, and I know it actually looked better on me than long hair, I miss my hair.... so ... here is 14 months progress. I basically did benign neglect with only one major cut to the length and a few cuts to the layers. My shortest layers in front are still a tad short (a little below shoulder level), but I expect an even length in probably 6-12 months.

Anywho... I missed you guys <3

Edit: I need to clarify, I had the back trimmed once about every two months for the first six months -ish. To somewhat avoid the mullet. Then I didn’t trim at all for about six months... that was a bad time and I just pinned it up as soon as I could with bobby pins. Then I graduated to XS flexi s. Now I can use small and medium Flexis.. A few months ago, I sucked it up and got a proper hair cut where I lost a lot of length by chopping the mullet. That’s what I meant by one cut the whole time. I should have said one cut plus trims.

Edit #2: I wasn't convinced at the progress you guys were seeing, so I made myself measure the length of the shortest layer before the chop (above my ear) to where it is now. (It was asymmetrical, this pixie shot showed the longer side). When I look at it that way, it's much more satisfying!

https://i.imgur.com/dkh82Xk.jpg?1

Before the chop
https://i.imgur.com/zfs9ecG.jpg?2

Trip
February 5th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Beautiful! Welcome back btw

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Vanille_, photobucket no longer allows linking of your pictures unless you pay a hefty sum of money. That's why your pictures are gone. You might need to switch to another imagehost (say like imgur).

Vanille_
February 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Vanille_, photobucket no longer allows linking of your pictures unless you pay a hefty sum of money. That's why your pictures are gone. You might need to switch to another imagehost (say like imgur).

Thank you.

Flowerness
February 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM
You have gorgeous hair!

Vanille_
February 5th, 2018, 03:40 PM

Do they show now?

chomsky
February 5th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Your pictures are working now!

You've got lovely hair, and I love the richness of your hair colour! :blossom:

Beckstar
February 5th, 2018, 04:11 PM
So adorable short and it's growing back fast.

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Do they show now?

Yep! Gorgeous! :D

Ekkwhine
February 5th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Wow that's amazing progress and it looks in beautiful condition

*Wednesday*
February 5th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Wonderful progress. 😳

Lizabeth94
February 5th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Lovely, and fast growth too, your hemline looks nice and neat as well! :applause Did you trim it yourself, or go a salon, or does your hair naturally not fairytale? I'm growing from a pixie too, (on month 3 I think since I last had it cut? I can't quite remember) so I'm in mullet central right now.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 5th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Gorgeous hair - and it always was, your siggy pic is one of my favourites on here :) Lovely to see you back again!

divinedobbie
February 5th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Beautiful hair!! and really great growth and good on you for sticking through that pixie growth with only one cut and it still looks amazing. Ofcourse I am partial to your long hair but that's why I'm on LHC :)

DweamGoiL
February 5th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Welcome back! Great progress and very beautiful hair.

Vanille_
February 5th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Thank you for the kind comments.

I had the back trimmed and let the shortest layers grow out. This required trims about once every two months. I did go through a phase where I was stubborn and as a result got the dreaded mullet. I’ve learned though that for me, it’s not worth sacrificing style for length. Maybe because I’ve already had long hair... I know I will get there eventually. In my stubborn phase, I relied on XS flexi 8s And bobby pins. But I couldn’t stand it down. So I sucked it up and got a proper hair cut. It hurt seeing a lot of my “length” gone... but my length was nothing more than a glorified mullet. I was in denial lol.

Edit: I said one major cut but forgot to mention the early trims I got. I strongly suggest you get trims to the back when growing out pixie.

Stray_mind
February 6th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Wow, that is a HUGE progress for only 14 months.

Looks Wonderful. Welcome back!

Dendra
February 6th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Gorgeous hair, and kitty! Thanks for sharing :)

Dark Rosaleen
February 6th, 2018, 09:44 AM
That grew back fast. Lovely hair.

tangocurl
February 6th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Wow! so impressive! Healthy hair and not a mullet at all :-)

samanthaa
February 6th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Wow, that is a HUGE progress for only 14 months.

Looks Wonderful. Welcome back!

Yeah, seriously :shocked: I'm looking at my henna demarcation line (I quit henna 19 months ago) and my hair isn't nearly that long. If I trimmed to even it up, it'd be even shorter! Congrats on the progress Vanille_! Your hair is looking glossy and healthy.

Vanille_
February 6th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thanks, guys!! I can't personally see much growth, at least not as much as I'd like to in over a year. But it got me thinking... I had an asymmetrical pixie, and my shortest length was right above my ear. This picture better represents the total growth, because I didn't cut as much during that time from the shortest layers. In this way, it does look more impressive!

https://i.imgur.com/CbGUXFV.jpg?1

Starrydandelion
February 6th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Vanille_, your hair looks great! Have fun growing your hair out again and playing around with it at different lenghts. :p

jera
February 6th, 2018, 04:49 PM
That's excellent progress. Your hair looks so healthy too. Welcome back.