PDA

View Full Version : seeing new hairs but slow scalp hairs, oily scalp and have no idea what to do

mazza
February 5th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Hi all

Its been some time since coming back to the LHC forum. I hope everyone is doing ok with there life and there hair :)

Anyways, I am confused with the state of my hair. I started drinking smoothie's on my commute. Its not a meal replacement so I still eat normal foods but have a good ratio of quality food vs processed food. I still have those naughty meals now but if you look the good to bad ratio of food it tends its mostly healthy.
But the good thing since drinking my smoothie, I notice some hairs. But most of the new hair isnt on my scalp well, it small amounts but I get that part soon. Being a male, its going to be different how this effect women.
I started drinking my smoothie back in mid August last year. The results are interesting. I am seeing literally no new on my chest for year to now seeing new hair grown without the aid of no oils. I am also seeing a new hair ground on my facial. Which is great if your want a solid beard :D
The other areas are my hands some areas of my legs and on my forearms. Again, areas which I never expect to see no new hair grow and growing since taking the smoothie.

Now the question is, how does this look on my scalp? Well......I have seen some baby hairs near the front but it looks like its taking forever to see any progress. The front bangs are getting less volume. The best way to think of the crown area is, it kinda looks like a crosshair (you know, the aim shoot thing). Its weirdly parted like that but not terribly bad. But I am not sure the reason why its taking long is because my body is trying to fix the other areas of my body before looking at fixing my scalp.
Has anyone done something similar to me? Iam trying to assess how long I need to wait to see any results.

I also dont know what to do with oily scalp. There was some good suggestion online such cutting oily food which I have but, I still have it now and then but not never everyday more like, once a week. The other was, to use cold water for hair washing. Annoying, because my scalp getting oily I have to shampoo it everyday from Mon-Fri which I know is serious taboo :(
So, what alternatives do I have? One thing I looked at was Herbal hair rinse instead of using shampoo everyday. I dont know if this is ideal or if its safe to do daily. I did see this post but I would like to know what everyones thought are using rosemary and I even have a spare coffee press with the exact size to use it:
http://coderedhat.com/natural-hair-rinse-rosemary-herbal-hair-tea/

And before this post gets too long or I forget, heres what I am putting in my smoothie each day:

Strawberry's
Blueberry's
Carrots
Cashews and walnuts - I only just started to add this a few weeks ago
Kale
Coconut milk
Flax seed

Hope to hear from all you soon :)

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 08:21 AM
It's tough struggling with your hair and hair loss. I know as I lost my hair due to hormones age 13/14 with bald patches to boot. Took 2 years but my hormones settled and balanced out and it grew back.

I somehow doubt that food can help, unless you are lacking in decent nutrients.

Has a doctor ever run a bloodtest on you?

About the oily hair. Some have to use harsh sulfates, and others can use sulfate-free. I would wash as needed. There is no taboo about daily washing here, at all. We believe in listening to your hair & scalp.

Good luck on your journey. :flower:

mazza
February 5th, 2018, 08:29 AM
It's tough struggling with your hair and hair loss. I know as I lost my hair due to hormones age 13/14 with bald patches to boot. Took 2 years but my hormones settled and balanced out and it grew back.

I somehow doubt that food can help, unless you are lacking in decent nutrients.

Has a doctor ever run a bloodtest on you?

About the oily hair. Some have to use harsh sulfates, and others can use sulfate-free. I would wash as needed. There is no taboo about daily washing here, at all. We believe in listening to your hair & scalp.

Good luck on your journey. :flower:

Thanks lapushka :) I am using SLS free coconut shampoo so its not too harsh.

I do wonder if its my diet. But then again, why I would I have sudden hair growth from parts of my body?

I have done a full blood test count a few years back when my hair was thinning and it turns out my blood was fine so I havent done another one since then.

lapushka
February 5th, 2018, 12:26 PM

I do wonder if its my diet. But then again, why I would I have sudden hair growth from parts of my body?

I have done a full blood test count a few years back when my hair was thinning and it turns out my blood was fine so I havent done another one since then.

I know I always recommend them to people. I myself have a yearly blood test done because I am on a lot of medication and it needs to be all checked well.

Maybe having another one would give you some answers, and they have something to compare it to now.

Hair doesn't thin from your diet, except when you're lacking in nutrients; since your blood test was fine, that can't be the case. So I would not focus on that too much. Eating healthy of course is always good, that's not what I'm saying at all.

Have you been to the doctor for the thinning?

Chromis
February 5th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Um, diet can impact hair growth for sure! I know I am not the only one who has noticed growth changes after changing eating habits.

My scalp and skin get terribly dry if I don't get enough fat in my diet for example.

My guess is that the growth is also occurring on the scalp, but it is just much, much easier to see elsewhere :flower:

mazza
February 6th, 2018, 03:04 PM
I know I always recommend them to people. I myself have a yearly blood test done because I am on a lot of medication and it needs to be all checked well.

Maybe having another one would give you some answers, and they have something to compare it to now.

Hair doesn't thin from your diet, except when you're lacking in nutrients; since your blood test was fine, that can't be the case. So I would not focus on that too much. Eating healthy of course is always good, that's not what I'm saying at all.

Have you been to the doctor for the thinning?

I have actually been to the doctor about the thinning. And of course, he did mention stuff like minoxidil which I was never keen on using purely based on the side effects and having to relying on using it every time.
But for sure, I try to book a blood test soon as it has been years since I had one done.

Um, diet can impact hair growth for sure! I know I am not the only one who has noticed growth changes after changing eating habits.

My scalp and skin get terribly dry if I don't get enough fat in my diet for example.

My guess is that the growth is also occurring on the scalp, but it is just much, much easier to see elsewhere :flower:

I notice on my scalp a few hours after eating something really oily or grease food like a burger, my scalp hates me badly but I have been fairly good these days to avoid such foods. And it has made a difference.
Iam sorry if this gets asked a lot but, do you drink plenty of water? I use to get bad rashes ions ago near my scalp if I didnt drink enough water.

Is there any takers of the herbal hair rinse? Still curious if its something worth experimenting.

Chromis
February 6th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Yes, I drink plenty of water, always have. My scalp is fine so long as I keep me fats intake high. Your body might need something else. My point was more that yes, absolutely your dietary intake can have an impact on your hair and skin.

The herbal rinse may or may not work for you, but it is safe to do. There are threads devoted to several different washing methods including herbal ones and also to Water-Only which might also interest you. Just jump in and have a look. These boards are full of information if you choose to seek it.

jera
February 6th, 2018, 04:46 PM

Probably because you're consuming vitamins you didn't consume before? The smoothies sound delicious. BTW. :p