PDA

View Full Version : My gym/pool just got new hair friendly dryers in the locker room, and I'm stoked!

Lizabeth94
February 3rd, 2018, 09:10 AM
So the previous hair dryers only had 2 settings, hot low speed, and hot high speed. The new ones are fancy, they don't even have a hot setting! They blow cool air only, with 6 different speed settings. Also they turn on just by picking up the dryer out of the holder, which is neat. :joy::bounce:
I know, I know, most of you guys wouldn't even touch a hair dryer, but I can't stand the feeling of wet hair dripping down my back and making my shirt all wet. shudder: The new dryers are less damaging and make me feel less guilty about using them. Plus I'm in the super awkward mullet stage of growing out a pixie, and it looks even worse when air dried, the dryer definitely helps me manipulate it into something that still resembles a pixie. When my hair is long enough to do something with I probably won't use a dryer as much.

lapushka
February 3rd, 2018, 03:03 PM
So the previous hair dryers only had 2 settings, hot low speed, and hot high speed. The new ones are fancy, they don't even have a hot setting! They blow cool air only, with 6 different speed settings. Also they turn on just by picking up the dryer out of the holder, which is neat. :joy::bounce:
I know, I know, most of you guys wouldn't even touch a hair dryer, but I can't stand the feeling of wet hair dripping down my back and making my shirt all wet. shudder: The new dryers are less damaging and make me feel less guilty about using them. Plus I'm in the super awkward mullet stage of growing out a pixie, and it looks even worse when air dried, the dryer definitely helps me manipulate it into something that still resembles a pixie. When my hair is long enough to do something with I probably won't use a dryer as much.

Hair dryers on cool/warm are perfectly fine to use.

I diffuse dry for 5 min. weekly after towel drying for 30min. and air drying for 2-4H. and I have no damage from that whatsoever. No splits and no white dots. My hair is between TBL & classic ATM.

Enjoy the new dryers!

Lizabeth94
February 3rd, 2018, 04:32 PM
Thats what I tend to think! Cool air dryers are usually fine unless someone has super fine, delicate, or brittle pre-damaged hair.

Cg
February 3rd, 2018, 06:46 PM
My hair is baby fine and I still use a dryer on warm then cool after every weekly wash. If you're careful, it's not a problem.

lapushka
February 4th, 2018, 04:19 AM
I have F hair too, and in some places it's really fine (around the front), and I haven't had issues yet. I've been doing this routine for years now, at least 5 to 10.

Blue Mermaid
February 4th, 2018, 04:24 AM
I'm with Lapushka on this one. I Like to dry my scalp otherwise it'll get irritated from being damp all day. Nothing wrong with blow drying as long as you're not heavily manipulating the wet/damp or half dry half damp hair (the worst! The snags! The tanglesssss!) or using high heat. I'll use the warm setting on mine which is actually quite hot as it's a professional blow dryer, but I keep it moving so the heat won't build up on the hair.

stachelbeere
February 4th, 2018, 07:06 AM
That's so awesome! My gym used to have two hair dryers that had cool settings but they got damaged and were replaced with ones that only had hot settings (not even a cool shot button) - which I complained about. Eventually they seem to have broken down as well and now we have one that at least has a cool shot button. I like to think that my feedback helped! :)

curlily
February 4th, 2018, 11:38 AM
My gym/pool just mounts a couple of the blowers intended for drying your hands up high on the wall. Thats how we dry our hair there!:D

Lizabeth94
February 4th, 2018, 11:45 AM
My gym/pool just mounts a couple of the blowers intended for drying your hands up high on the wall. Thats how we dry our hair there!:D

lol, I've done that before, having my head upside down makes me dizzy, but it works great for adding volume! If you can get past all the other people in the locker room laughing at you :lol: