PDA

View Full Version : I can manage a decent looking bun!

Rustam
February 1st, 2018, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all your advice a couple weeks ago. And I also appreciated the encouragement as I was pretty frustrated. I took some of the advice and managed to make a bun I am quite pleased with by segmenting it and wrap the different pieces. It took a few days to get it down, but I have been sporting it everyday for the past week or so. Ironically most people have commented that they liked the ponytail better. I haven't tried to braid yet, but maybe some day I'll get around to seeing if I can work that out. Again thanks for the help, I feel quite reinvigorated when it comes to my hair.

Here's a poor quality picture:
https://i.imgur.com/WJfivdo.png?2

Lizabeth94
February 1st, 2018, 06:59 PM
Looks great! You should be able to do a braid with your current length also, if you've never braided before, it might help to practice with 3 pieces of string until it becomes muscle memory for your fingers.

Beeboo123
February 1st, 2018, 07:09 PM
That bun looks really good, congratulations!

lithostoic
February 1st, 2018, 08:16 PM
It looks really nice!

chiapommama
February 1st, 2018, 08:25 PM
Awesome bun.

Milady_DeWinter
February 2nd, 2018, 03:32 AM
Looks awesome, how long is your hair? It looks very thick and healthy :flowers:

Braiding is great, once your fingers learn how to work it comes automatically :) You can practice braiding, even different types of braids, with yarn before trying doing it to yourself: it's a little bit more complicated, but becomes automatic after some training.

Stray_mind
February 2nd, 2018, 03:40 AM
That's a great looking bun. It suits you very well!

Dendra
February 2nd, 2018, 03:40 AM
That's a very respectable looking bun! Bigger than mine that's for sure ;) How long is your hair?

Suze
February 2nd, 2018, 04:44 AM
Oh, I really really like that!!

elsiedeluxe
February 2nd, 2018, 05:10 AM
That's an awesome bun! You might try multiple buns and braids, too. Half and half, with the part from ear to ear rather than crown to neck, manages the hair well and requires less length to work.

lapushka
February 2nd, 2018, 06:16 AM
I think it looks great! I think it looks better than the ponytail, more "out of the way". You can for sure rock them both, though. ;)

:applause

Cg
February 2nd, 2018, 09:43 AM
That looks great! Congratulations!

hayheadsbird
February 2nd, 2018, 10:09 AM
Looking fab!
The pony tail was awesome too though, I have serious hair envy over the condition of your hair if I remember the last photos correctly!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 2nd, 2018, 10:40 AM
Oh my, that is one Very Awesome Bun! Wow! :thud:

chomsky
February 2nd, 2018, 12:45 PM
Now that's a bun, woah! It looks amazing, you have so much hair. :thudpile:

Rustam
February 2nd, 2018, 01:44 PM
Thanks everyone for both the compliments and the help before! This is the look I was going for when I started growing my hair out and I am really pleased I could manage it with your help! I'll definitely be rocking it proudly. I definitely find the bun to be a bit more convenient since it's all out of the way, but I was surprised to realize I miss the sensation of a ponytail moving around.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 2nd, 2018, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone for both the compliments and the help before! This is the look I was going for when I started growing my hair out and I am really pleased I could manage it with your help! I'll definitely be rocking it proudly. I definitely find the bun to be a bit more convenient since it's all out of the way, but I was surprised to realize I miss the sensation of a ponytail moving around.

Once you get used to wearing your hair up in a bun you might begin to find that a ponytail flopping around everywhere feels like a darned nuisance :laugh:

Rustam
February 2nd, 2018, 02:13 PM
Once you get used to wearing your hair up in a bun you might begin to find that a ponytail flopping around everywhere feels like a darned nuisance :laugh:
Hahahaha, that's perspective I haven't had time to achieve yet. I'm sure I'll come around to your way of thinking before too long, but right now my shoulders feel lonely.

ReptilianFeline
February 3rd, 2018, 03:25 AM
Your bun looks very nice! Love it!

I have a heavy metal acquaintance who braided his long hair and braided his long beard as well. Looked amazing!