PDA

View Full Version : is it normal?i shed only 10 hairs maximum everyday and i have no tangles.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 09:15 AM
so since i changed my routine my hair stopped falling all of a sudden,80% of the time when i comb not even a single hair falls.on washing days,(although i have curly hair,don't use any conditioner just shampoo and don't use leave-ins or comb my hair when wet)still,hair never gets any tangles.is it weird?of course i'm happy with it but it happened suddenly as it started 2 weeks ago.

Beeboo123
January 31st, 2018, 09:23 AM
May I know what your routine is? I shed about 100 a day, argh

LadyCelestina
January 31st, 2018, 09:34 AM
Lucky, lucky you!

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 10:25 AM
May I know what your routine is? I shed about 100 a day, argh

of course,you can:) but it's really simple and i will tell you in detail.
i wash every 5 days,i oil my scalp with an indian warm oil"trichup"and leave it overnight,i don't know if it's available in any country.my father bought it for me from an indian store in saudi arabia and it's amazing for me really i have no dandruff now(i can show you the ingredient list for sure if you are interested and show the bottle too).i wash with lukewarm water with v05 diluted with water and put a part of aloe vera gel sometimes.i stopped using conditioner completely it breaks my hair i don't know why but it does and i use rice water as a conditioner instead but not every time.the final rinse is with cold water and i put my hair in a shirt turban and leave it like this for an hour or 2 untill it's 80% dry then i start combing with a wide-tooth comb (i will show you the comb too if you want)from the bottom and move my way up and then put it in a ponytail.before i sleep i comb really gently and put it in a lose braid never in a tight one.
i feel it's long so to summarize:laugh: what's new?oiling my scalp-no conditioner-diluted shampoo-wide tooth comb-loose braid when sleeping.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 10:27 AM
Lucky, lucky you!

i'm really happy it has never happened to me before:).

divinedobbie
January 31st, 2018, 10:51 AM
I think it can be normal. Years ago before my actual sheds started, this is how much (how little) I would shed too. I'd pull out a few hairs randomly during the day and nothing during my shower.

It could however be that a lot of your hair entered a certain stage either anagen (growing) or resting and so you might have several weeks or months or longer with very little shed for it to suddenly come back when all the hair that started growing at the same time also sheds at the same time. But that doesn't mean that's what this is. Since you changed your routine and noticed less shed in concurrence with the changes that seems pretty cause and effect to me.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 11:07 AM
I think it can be normal. Years ago before my actual sheds started, this is how much (how little) I would shed too. I'd pull out a few hairs randomly during the day and nothing during my shower.

It could however be that a lot of your hair entered a certain stage either anagen (resting) or growing and so you might have several weeks or months or longer with very little shed for it to suddenly come back when all the hair that started growing at the same time also sheds at the same time. But that doesn't mean that's what this is. Since you changed your routine and noticed less shed in concurrence with the changes that seems pretty cause and effect to me.

thank you for responding:flowers:,i think it's the routine because i used to shed a lot to the point that my mom never stops complaining of finding my hair everywhere.so i went from the extreme of normal shedding to it's minimum suddenly and not gradually.

Stray_mind
January 31st, 2018, 12:09 PM
Raising your own tail, huh, HUH????

Just kidding, though. You are very lucky to have found a routine that is loved by your hair :)

And for the record, i am not envious at all. I only shed a 100 hairs every day :lol:
And yes, it is Completely normal for your hair to not tangle and not shed, if it is well cared for. :flower:

*Wednesday*
January 31st, 2018, 01:11 PM
From your post, assumed this was years of an evaluation of your hair’s pattern. You mentioned 80% of the time when you comb not a “single” hair falls. I’m not in disbelief but is extremely unusual. How often do you comb? Once daily? Every two days? Three times a day? Just wash days? What is 80% of the time? Some people comb every night and will lose hair at that time, it may be 10 hairs. But let me ask, what about hair you don’t see fall? What if it’s 25 in total? Some hairs are long, some are shorter. If you believe the new hair care routine changed something, see if this pans out in 6 months. I personally would not take 2 weeks as a hard fast rule that your hair has changed its religion. Not yet.

Hair fall can vary just in the normal dynamics of the hair. There can be a week or so where you can lose 10-30 hairs and the following month have a week of 50-100. I do agree with divinedobbie that hair being in different phases can affect shed. About 85% of hair is normally in the anagen phase (growing), the remaining 15% is resting and starts to fall in about 3-4 months (catagen). 85% of that growing hair will start entering the catagen phase at any given time. Hair does not synchronize itself in 10’s or 20’s. Each follicle has its own independent life.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 01:18 PM
Raising your own tail, huh, HUH????

Just kidding, though. You are very lucky to have found a routine that is loved by your hair :)

And for the record, i am not envious at all. I only shed a 100 hairs every day :lol:
And yes, it is Completely normal for your hair to not tangle and not shed, if it is well cared for. :flower:
thank you:laugh: i hope you find your own holy-grail routine:flowers:.

ShahMat
January 31st, 2018, 01:19 PM
It's not "normal" as in "average", but if that's your case, you are soooo lucky ! ;)

gustavonut
January 31st, 2018, 01:23 PM
I have virtually no tangles either unless I am an active sleeper. Usually my shed count is around 30 a day, more or less. The last really bad shed was when I stopped doing pre poo oiling. My hair got so thin and broke off so easily, could’ve been stress from a new job as well. As soon as I started doing coconut oil pre poo again my hair got shinier, softer, and so much easier to handle. Coconut oil is a life saver for me. :)

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 01:34 PM
From your post, assumed this was years of an evaluation of your hair’s pattern. You mentioned 80% of the time when you comb not a “single” hair falls. I’m not in disbelief but is extremely unusual. How often do you comb? Once daily? Every two days? Three times a day? Just wash days? What is 80% of the time? Some people comb every night and will lose hair at that time, it may be 10 hairs. But let me ask, what about hair you don’t see fall? What if it’s 25 in total? Some hairs are long, some are shorter. If you believe the new hair care routine changed something, see if this pans out in 6 months. I personally would not take 2 weeks as a hard fast rule that your hair has changed its religion. Not yet.

Hair fall can vary just in the normal dynamics of the hair. There can be a week or so where you can lose 10-30 hairs and the following month have a week of 50-100. I do agree with divinedobbie that hair being in different phases can affect shed. About 85% of hair is normally in the anagen phase (growing), the remaining 15% is resting and starts to fall in about 3-4 months (catagen). 85% of that growing hair will start entering the catagen phase at any given time. Hair does not synchronize itself in 10’s or 20’s. Each follicle has its own independent life.

thank you for responding:),i comb it twice a day i mean by 80% of time that every 5th or 6th time i'm combing i would shed 2 hairs or 3.of course there may be hair fall that i don't count but my hair is up or in braid so if a hair falls it will stick to my clothes and i will see it.i'm happy with it for sure and even if it lasts for only 2 weeks i will be glad because i saved so much hair in that period.i know this might not happen forever i posted for two reasons:to ask whether it's normal or not and to help anyone who needs help(i'm not an expert but maybe someone will benefit from my post which will make me very happy).

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 01:37 PM
It's not "normal" as in "average", but if that's your case, you are soooo lucky ! ;)

thank you :blossom: and from your profile picture you are lucky too,your hair is gorgeous.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 01:42 PM
I have virtually no tangles either unless I am an active sleeper. Usually my shed count is around 30 a day, more or less. The last really bad shed was when I stopped doing pre poo oiling. My hair got so thin and broke off so easily, could’ve been stress from a new job as well. As soon as I started doing coconut oil pre poo again my hair got shinier, softer, and so much easier to handle. Coconut oil is a life saver for me. :)

thank you for responding:blossom:,i don't get tangles for a very long time but that shedding thing is recent.well coconut oil is really bad for me and breaks my hair off:)

Stray_mind
January 31st, 2018, 01:43 PM
thank you:laugh: i hope you find your own holy-grail routine:flowers:.

Haha, thanks. But i think i am doing things right for my hair, since the amount of hair i shed in no way lessens my overall thickness. It's what's Normal for my hair i guess. It looks healthy, shiny, there are barely any splits, so i'm satisfied with it for now. The only problem is the layers of doom which i am trying to grow out now. :D

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 01:57 PM
Haha, thanks. But i think i am doing things right for my hair, since the amount of hair i shed in no way lessens my overall thickness. It's what's Normal for my hair i guess. It looks healthy, shiny, there are barely any splits, so i'm satisfied with it for now. The only problem is the layers of doom which i am trying to grow out now. :D

well i have many problems.first,tons of split ends because of using heat for years.second,i used to have 5 inch pony circumference so i'm trying to retain thickness and third,the layers that i'm struggling to grow it out.yeah,your hair is shiny and healthy i saw pics of it in the monthly growth thread:love:

Agnieszka
January 31st, 2018, 02:09 PM
I hope it lasts for you!!! I go through good months when I see little hair falling to some awful sheds for no reasons really. Last one I had in August 2017 and it was like a rainfall from my head for about a month :-( My hair is thin to start with. I'm growing it long anyway:lala:

Stray_mind
January 31st, 2018, 02:09 PM
well i have many problems.first,tons of split ends because of using heat for years.second,i used to have 5 inch pony circumference so i'm trying to retain thickness and third,the layers that i'm struggling to grow it out.yeah,your hair is shiny and healthy i saw pics of it in the monthly growth thread:love:

I hope you manage to get your hair back to being thick and healthy. :)

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 04:25 PM
I hope it lasts for you!!! I go through good months when I see little hair falling to some awful sheds for no reasons really. Last one I had in August 2017 and it was like a rainfall from my head for about a month :-( My hair is thin to start with. I'm growing it long anyway:lala:
i hope so too and good luck:love:

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 04:26 PM
I hope you manage to get your hair back to being thick and healthy. :)

thank you :flowers:

*Wednesday*
January 31st, 2018, 04:50 PM
thank you for responding:),i comb it twice a day i mean by 80% of time that every 5th or 6th time i'm combing i would shed 2 hairs or 3.of course there may be hair fall that i don't count but my hair is up or in braid so if a hair falls it will stick to my clothes and i will see it.i'm happy with it for sure and even if it lasts for only 2 weeks i will be glad because i saved so much hair in that period.i know this might not happen forever i posted for two reasons:to ask whether it's normal or not and to help anyone who needs help(i'm not an expert but maybe someone will benefit from my post which will make me very happy).

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snarky with you.:flowers: Just trying to understand how often you combed. I saw you posted you had a 5 inch pony tail circum. Your hair was thicker before? Hopefully, maybe what caused it to be thinner, you are bouncing back and it has more to do with retaining more hair or staying in the growing phase longer. Sometimes stress can cause hair fall as well, it is very common. I hope it is more internally for you. Not that I was implying the products don't work, maybe your hair was going through some things. It happens with us women.

RadioactiveLily
January 31st, 2018, 04:54 PM
Sounds like you're doing something right! Congrats!

Could be a hormonal thing too. I noticed my hair did the same thing last time I was pregnant.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 05:14 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snarky with you.:flowers: Just trying to understand how often you combed. I saw you posted you had a 5 inch pony tail circum. Your hair was thicker before? Hopefully, maybe what caused it to be thinner, you are bouncing back and it has more to do with retaining more hair or staying in the growing phase longer. Sometimes stress can cause hair fall as well, it is very common. I hope it is more internally for you. Not that I was implying the products don't work, maybe your hair was going through some things. It happens with us women.

never mind you weren't snarky at all:blossom:but i really posted to help too.it's just i found a solution to a big problem facing everybody and hope it will work for anybody there's no benefit for me to say oooh i found something that does wonders and you must do it,i don't get money for posting:laugh:.i would have kept it to myself but i love you all and i want to share everything with you,hugs.
and for thickness,my pony used to be 5 inches thick but because of having Trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder) and heat-styling every day for years i lost about 2 inches of thickness:(

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 05:18 PM
Sounds like you're doing something right! Congrats!

Could be a hormonal thing too. I noticed my hair did the same thing last time I was pregnant.

thank you for responding:love:.you are lucky i hear that most of pregnant women experience severe hair fall.

nmgdolly
January 31st, 2018, 05:22 PM
I think you are very lucky to not shed. :)
I do not shed or tangle very much, either, but, I have thin, fine hair that tends to get dry on the ends, so have a difficult time getting it to grow enough. I think you are fortunate.

Nancy

*Wednesday*
January 31st, 2018, 05:31 PM
never mind you weren't snarky at all:blossom:but i really posted to help too.it's just i found a solution to a big problem facing everybody and hope it will work for anybody there's no benefit for me to say oooh i found something that does wonders and you must do it,i don't get money for posting:laugh:.i would have kept it to myself but i love you all and i want to share everything with you,hugs.
and for thickness,my pony used to be 5 inches thick but because of having Trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder) and heat-styling every day for years i lost about 2 inches of thickness:(

I pray and hope you have peace, amiraaah. It always helps to talk things through, don't turn on yourself. I know we are strangers here, but we do have one another :o

Be well

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 05:32 PM
I think you are very lucky to not shed. :)
I do not shed or tangle very much, either, but, I have thin, fine hair that tends to get dry on the ends, so have a difficult time getting it to grow enough. I think you are fortunate.

Nancy

thank you so much:love: i have those dry ends too and i feel your struggle.

amiraaah
January 31st, 2018, 05:35 PM
I pray and hope you have peace, amiraaah. It always helps to talk things through, don't turn on yourself. I know we are strangers here, but we do have one another :o

Be well

thank you dear,we have one another and i feel we are not strangers we share the same goal and hobby of growing hair out:cheer:.

lapushka
February 1st, 2018, 09:35 AM
Enjoy this time, because it might be your routine, or it might be a better diet (!) or it might even be... temporary. Any of those possibilities is there. So be glad.

Are you wearing your hair down a lot, because in that case often we don't even notice how much we shed. ;)

amiraaah
February 1st, 2018, 10:04 AM
Enjoy this time, because it might be your routine, or it might be a better diet (!) or it might even be... temporary. Any of those possibilities is there. So be glad.

Are you wearing your hair down a lot, because in that case often we don't even notice how much we shed. ;)

thank you :love:,no i wear it in a braid and sometimes in a bun but never down.

Beeboo123
February 1st, 2018, 10:17 AM
of course,you can:) but it's really simple and i will tell you in detail.
i wash every 5 days,i oil my scalp with an indian warm oil"trichup"and leave it overnight,i don't know if it's available in any country.my father bought it for me from an indian store in saudi arabia and it's amazing for me really i have no dandruff now(i can show you the ingredient list for sure if you are interested and show the bottle too).i wash with lukewarm water with v05 diluted with water and put a part of aloe vera gel sometimes.i stopped using conditioner completely it breaks my hair i don't know why but it does and i use rice water as a conditioner instead but not every time.the final rinse is with cold water and i put my hair in a shirt turban and leave it like this for an hour or 2 untill it's 80% dry then i start combing with a wide-tooth comb (i will show you the comb too if you want)from the bottom and move my way up and then put it in a ponytail.before i sleep i comb really gently and put it in a lose braid never in a tight one.
i feel it's long so to summarize:laugh: what's new?oiling my scalp-no conditioner-diluted shampoo-wide tooth comb-loose braid when sleeping.

Thank you so much! I searched for the oil, it’s supposed to help with hair fall control, so it looks like it works! I’m really considering getting it.

amiraaah
February 1st, 2018, 10:47 AM
Thank you so much! I searched for the oil, it’s supposed to help with hair fall control, so it looks like it works! I’m really considering getting it.

you are welcome i apply this oil on my scalp only (because it has coconut oil that breaks my hair off)and massage it for 5 minutes.i want also to mention that it has a strong smell that may not be pleasant for you if you want such product and you are not happy with it's added perfume or if the strong smell will be a problem for you,here are the main ingredients of it:
-it's main ingredient is sesame oil 80%.
-coconut oil 18%
-very little portions of herbs such as jasmine and hibiscus flower.

Salwety
February 1st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Amiraaah ... I am happy to hear about your results and hope that it will last. I experienced some times when my hair stopped falling too, mainly when I was pregnant. It was a good hair time and I liked the thicker texture of my hair then.

yahirwaO.o
February 1st, 2018, 01:21 PM

I wonder about this a lot! Sure when hair is down you shed and sometimes you dont notice but this winter and hair should be collecting on my fabric sweaters and coats.

Im also in this stage where I barely shed and have zero tangles. However this is winter time again, its the season when my hair acts the best.

Some people shed during autumn season and some people like me especially previous spring shedding season was unforgiven! By summer my hair acts like normal and shed no hair almost!

amiraaah
February 1st, 2018, 03:02 PM
Amiraaah ... I am happy to hear about your results and hope that it will last. I experienced some times when my hair stopped falling too, mainly when I was pregnant. It was a good hair time and I liked the thicker texture of my hair then.
thank you salwety :love:

amiraaah
February 1st, 2018, 03:06 PM
I wonder about this a lot! Sure when hair is down you shed and sometimes you dont notice but this winter and hair should be collecting on my fabric sweaters and coats.

Im also in this stage where I barely shed and have zero tangles. However this is winter time again, its the season when my hair acts the best.

Some people shed during autumn season and some people like me especially previous spring shedding season was unforgiven! By summer my hair acts like normal and shed no hair almost!

i know this reply is to lapushka,but we are the same winter is the season when my hair acts the best no tangles,so much softer and it's shinier too.

lapushka
February 1st, 2018, 04:08 PM

Yeah, you'd expect it to stay on your sweater or coat, but it just falls to the floor 9 times out of 10; and you never notice as much as when it is longer and always contained (and you detangle over the sink each time).