PDA

View Full Version : Bsl to hip length in 2 years?

grecianaussie
January 31st, 2018, 04:43 AM
Hi Everyone!

This is my first thread! I just want to say i'm so glad to have found a forum with longhair admirers like myself!

I thought I would make my first thread about my long hair journey and perhaps give some tips and tricks to anyone who is just starting their journey, or perhaps something new to veteran hair growers!

Firstly I have caucasian hair which used to be quite thick, but now is on the thinner side due to consistent bleaching. However I cannot give up the bleach, as my blonde hair is a part of me now, and I just can't go to the dark side! :P

So I started my journey in September 2015 after having to cut my hair to just below shoulder length in July 2015, as my hairdresser had over processed my hair with bleach. I also always adored long hair, so decided to go on a long hair journey. My goal was hip length!

Some of the first things I tried we're
-overnight coconut oilings
- olive oil oilings
- a diy hair detangler
-egg mask
-as well as daily oiling on my ends with either argan oil or lavender oil.
- I also only washed my hair once or twice per week
-I only cut my hair once the whole year, but I cut like 2-3 inches.
- I also would do the inversion method EVERY month - Highly recommend!
This continued for around a year religiously. I still bleached my hair but only twice per year.

by summer 2016 my hair was MBL. after summer 2016 I got quite lazy with my hair and would only shampoo and condition it with a mask. I also stopped constantly measuring my hair length and would just leave it in a bun most days if I wasn't going out. I would just put some dove dry oil on my ends daily or every other day. This seemed to speed up my hair growth rapidly and my summer 2017 my hair was just about to touch my hips! I did micro trims throughout the year, as my ends were quite dead.

By December 2017 it was safe to say my hair was Hip length, however as I still bleach my hair, the ends were quite dry, so I cut an inch off in December, so now my hair is just above hip. my hair currently measures 27inches.

I don't know if my growth rate is fast. If it is, I don't know if its genetics, or if it's my routine or perhaps a mixture of both. Even though I reached my goal length, I want it longer! I would like to go to classic length (i think thats below my butt?) and maybe knee if possible with bleached hair?

I'm interested to know if any of you could share how long it took you to reach your goal length?...even though I know once we reach our goal length - ITS NOT LONG ENOUGH! :P Also I'm interested if there are others who have been able to successfully grow their hair to classic or knee whilst bleaching?

Beeboo123
January 31st, 2018, 05:03 AM
Welcome to the forum! I haven’t reached my goal yet, which is classic (or FTL, if it doesn’t look thin at classic). I went from from BSL to hip in a year with some trims. I think it will take me another year to reach classic. Let’s grow together! =]

lapushka
January 31st, 2018, 08:49 AM
There is this thread, specially for bottle blondes wanting to grow long. HTH! Welcome to the forum. :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21256

*Wednesday*
January 31st, 2018, 10:37 AM
Welcome to LHC.

My ultimate goal is TBL. My milestone as of now is “full” hip length. In Oct 2015 I started with MBL and went to waist (with trims) Oct 2016.

I did no cut challenges in 2017 and Oct was Hip. I measure every Oct. I’m doing the no cut throughout the entire year 2018 so we’ll see Oct 2018. Can you grow hair with bleach? Sure. Can you keep the length is another issue.

Have you typed your hair (1b, 2a etc.)? It is hard to envision “Caucasian” hair since that is a rather large group of people with varying degrees of hair types and is not inclusive to one body of people ☺

divinedobbie
January 31st, 2018, 10:43 AM
Wow 27 inches for hip? 27 inches on me is just reaching BSL. Are you measuring from your hairline over your head? Or I guess you could just be short or have a short torso but wow I wish 27 inches was hip length. I would be gotten there 6 months after I started here :D

AutobotsAttack
January 31st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Wow 27 inches for hip? 27 inches on me is just reaching BSL. Are you measuring from your hairline over your head? Or I guess you could just be short or have a short torso but wow I wish 27 inches was hip length. I would be gotten there 6 months after I started here :D

Definitely agree with you there. Especially concerning proportions. I have broad shoulders, and a wide/semi-longer back, so it took my forever to get passed the APL-BSL-MBL areas. Waist to hip was nothing for me, because I have a very short torso. I’m almost to hip and I’m pretty sure around 6 months into this year I’ll be right at TBL in no time, but I have quite a bit of bum, so it’ll be quite a while before I ever see classic.

Although hip hip for me is 30 inches. So I guess it really does depend on proportions.

grecianaussie
January 31st, 2018, 02:20 PM
I agree, I think maintaining bleached hair over time may become difficult.

Sorry for using such a broad term for my hair, i'm not quite sure what the 1b, 2a categories mean. But my hair follicles are thin but I have a lot of hair. Before bleach my hair was flat, after bleach, its frizzy-ish.

By the way you have really lovely hair!

grecianaussie
January 31st, 2018, 02:23 PM
Definitely agree with you there. Especially concerning proportions. I have broad shoulders, and a wide/semi-longer back, so it took my forever to get passed the APL-BSL-MBL areas. Waist to hip was nothing for me, because I have a very short torso. I’m almost to hip and I’m pretty sure around 6 months into this year I’ll be right at TBL in no time, but I have quite a bit of bum, so it’ll be quite a while before I ever see classic.

Although hip hip for me is 30 inches. So I guess it really does depend on proportions.

maybe i'm measuring wrong? :P I measured it from the back of my scalp, where my hair line ends, from root to tip. How do you measure it? I'm 5ft 2 btw and I think I do have short torso lol

divinedobbie
January 31st, 2018, 02:39 PM
maybe i'm measuring wrong? :P I measured it from the back of my scalp, where my hair line ends, from root to tip. How do you measure it? I'm 5ft 2 btw and I think I do have short torso lol

I'm terrible at explaining but I'll give it a try.

You use a soft tape measure and line it up at 0 with your hairline where it starts at your forehead, bring the tape measure back over your head lined up over where your centre part would be, and let it hang down over you hair. Essentially it will be measuring the length of not just the hair strand from root to tip but the length from the front of your hairline, over your head and to the ends of your hair.

ETA: I'm pretty sure there's a thread, possibly with diagrams but I can't find it right now. Maybe someone else can link it?

AutobotsAttack
January 31st, 2018, 02:48 PM

Are you complimenting my hair? If you are then thank you!! I wasn’t sure if you were replying back to me or not lol.

Divinedobbie, explained how to measure correctly. I think if you measure that way hip will be maybe 31-33 inches for you. I’m five foot even, so you probably have 2 more inches on me concerning where hip length falls for you. Just a guess though.

Andthetalltrees
January 31st, 2018, 04:20 PM
Hip is 32 on me and I'm just under 5'2(my torso and legs are the same length :D). I'm almost at waist at 28" now, I'm betting on getting hip this year though. If I get it in August that would be a year from BSL, So it's definitely possibly if your hair grows above average or you have short milestones like me.

*Wednesday*
January 31st, 2018, 04:43 PM
I agree, I think maintaining bleached hair over time may become difficult.

Sorry for using such a broad term for my hair, i'm not quite sure what the 1b, 2a categories mean. But my hair follicles are thin but I have a lot of hair. Before bleach my hair was flat, after bleach, its frizzy-ish.

By the way you have really lovely hair!

I knew what you were referring too. Don't apologize :D Here is a hair typing thread. I still don't think I have my exact. When you see people describe their hair, they'll use these terms.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116252

wispe
January 31st, 2018, 04:48 PM
On me, BSL is 25.5" and hip is 33", so 7.5" difference. I grow about 6.5+" a year, so a year and ~2 months without trims would get me there. With trims, I think it took me approximately 20 months?

MoonRabbit
January 31st, 2018, 05:12 PM
I also started my hair journey in September 2015. I did a big chop to bsl and my big goal back then was hip. It took me exactly 2 years to reach hip with no trims, only occasional dustings. I'm 5'2 and hip is 30in on me.

Dark40
January 31st, 2018, 05:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

This is my first thread! I just want to say i'm so glad to have found a forum with longhair admirers like myself!

I thought I would make my first thread about my long hair journey and perhaps give some tips and tricks to anyone who is just starting their journey, or perhaps something new to veteran hair growers!

Firstly I have caucasian hair which used to be quite thick, but now is on the thinner side due to consistent bleaching. However I cannot give up the bleach, as my blonde hair is a part of me now, and I just can't go to the dark side! :P

So I started my journey in September 2015 after having to cut my hair to just below shoulder length in July 2015, as my hairdresser had over processed my hair with bleach. I also always adored long hair, so decided to go on a long hair journey. My goal was hip length!

Some of the first things I tried we're
-overnight coconut oilings
- olive oil oilings
- a diy hair detangler
-egg mask
-as well as daily oiling on my ends with either argan oil or lavender oil.
- I also only washed my hair once or twice per week
-I only cut my hair once the whole year, but I cut like 2-3 inches.
- I also would do the inversion method EVERY month - Highly recommend!
This continued for around a year religiously. I still bleached my hair but only twice per year.

by summer 2016 my hair was MBL. after summer 2016 I got quite lazy with my hair and would only shampoo and condition it with a mask. I also stopped constantly measuring my hair length and would just leave it in a bun most days if I wasn't going out. I would just put some dove dry oil on my ends daily or every other day. This seemed to speed up my hair growth rapidly and my summer 2017 my hair was just about to touch my hips! I did micro trims throughout the year, as my ends were quite dead.

By December 2017 it was safe to say my hair was Hip length, however as I still bleach my hair, the ends were quite dry, so I cut an inch off in December, so now my hair is just above hip. my hair currently measures 27inches.

I don't know if my growth rate is fast. If it is, I don't know if its genetics, or if it's my routine or perhaps a mixture of both. Even though I reached my goal length, I want it longer! I would like to go to classic length (i think thats below my butt?) and maybe knee if possible with bleached hair?

I'm interested to know if any of you could share how long it took you to reach your goal length?...even though I know once we reach our goal length - ITS NOT LONG ENOUGH! :P Also I'm interested if there are others who have been able to successfully grow their hair to classic or knee whilst bleaching?

Hi! My goal right now is to reach hip length this coming Christmas of 2018. Or, at the end of this year, and right now I am at waist length! During my childhood the longest my hair would reach was MBL up until now. Now, waist length is the longest it has ever been, and I am wanting my hair to grow a lot longer. Like, to ankle length possibly. For you, it might be genetics of the reason why your hair grows so fast. I have a longtime high school girlfriend that used to have hip length hair, and she had went through the big chop, and cut it up to MBL or BSL, and I noticed within a 3 month period her hair had grown all of the way back down to her hips again!!! I was in total shock. I thought to myself, "She must be taking extra hair, nails, and skin vitamins for her hair to be growing that fast in such a short period of time! Or, I felt that it was genetics playing a role of her hair growing so fast. You must be short like me. 27inches is also hip length on me as well! I am short with a short torso. I'm 5ft 1" tall. I also think my friend was trimming her hair quite often too. Because, you would never see an ounce of dry split ends either. She had a beautiful thick hemline, and it always appeared trimmed even. No, fairytale ends.

Beeboo123
January 31st, 2018, 10:10 PM

Hey that’s a perk of being short. =p I’m 5’2 and hip is 29 inches on me. I’m definitely measuring correctly