PDA

View Full Version : Shorter hair strands??

CreatureBailey
January 29th, 2018, 02:07 PM
I have hair strands that are let's say APL. They are shorter but they are not blunt as if it was cut or torn off. It's tapered. I think I've heard this means new growth. But when I do ponytails you can see 2 or 3 strands that are shorter, like to the middle of it. And it's not just like 10 hairs. It's strands. As if my hair was a bit layered. Like I said I don't just tear off chunks of my hair and it is tapered but it's thicker than just a few hairs sooo... is it new growth? Like my scalp randomly generated a bunch of new follicles and is growing new strands because of all the massaging and masks? :O

enting
January 29th, 2018, 02:30 PM
It could totally be new growth, even in patches. I'd look at the ends and check, but if it's tapered, not torn, that's new growth. (If it does look torn, I'd reconsider what you use to ponytail your hair.)

lapushka
January 29th, 2018, 02:34 PM
I have hair strands that are let's say APL. They are shorter but they are not blunt as if it was cut or torn off. It's tapered. I think I've heard this means new growth. But when I do ponytails you can see 2 or 3 strands that are shorter, like to the middle of it. And it's not just like 10 hairs. It's strands. As if my hair was a bit layered. Like I said I don't just tear off chunks of my hair and it is tapered but it's thicker than just a few hairs sooo... is it new growth? Like my scalp randomly generated a bunch of new follicles and is growing new strands because of all the massaging and masks? :O

Tapered = good! It means that it is not breakage in *any* case! So I would not worry about it.

AutobotsAttack
January 29th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Tapered = good! It means that it is not breakage in *any* case! So I would not worry about it.

Do you think that also has to do with hair in different growth stages? I’ve noticed I have a taper as well.

CreatureBailey
January 29th, 2018, 07:00 PM
The strands are too thick to be like as if they were torn. Cause you can tear off a few hairs at a time but if you try to pull on even just a strand the hair is too strong to break at this point. I'm like how is my scalp growing a bunch of hair..?? :O

Massage your scalp everyday kids

leayellena
January 30th, 2018, 05:13 AM
Oh ma' new growth! I look like a Baby! LOL. I usually shed in mid-January to mid-February and I have more than usual flyaways and new growth. Your description Could not be more accurate: do you know if you shed in January? It took me some time to find out that it's not unnatural to shed in January. Ok... Maybe I should massage even more. I want more follicles!

lapushka
January 30th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Do you think that also has to do with hair in different growth stages? I’ve noticed I have a taper as well.

Yes, I think it definitely has something to do with it. I have shorter pieces but they are there (APL/BSL down) because I have layers cut in. So this is not familiar to me, but I think as long as it has taper, there is nothing to worry about.