PDA

View Full Version : I resisted, and didn't buy...!

Pages : [1] 2

lapushka
January 27th, 2018, 08:07 AM
What did you almost get, but didn't?

I am on a low-buy, but things I am running low on or sales I am allowed to still shop for.

In our local Lidl the H&S shampoo was on sale for 6.49 euro for a 3-pack, and I resisted.

In our local Aldi, there was a deal on Nivea shampoo (2-pack) but it was shampoo for dry hair and for colored hair (moisturizing) and my scalp can't take that.

In our local Aldi, they still had gel left from a previous deal, 4.29. I didn't get it as I just got tubs of Eco Styler at a much better deal (but it's so hard to resist) LOL!

I resisted, and saved: 6.49 + 3.39 + 4.29= 14.17 euro.

Yay! :cheer:

What did you "almost" get, but in the end didn't? And how much did you save *exactly*?

This is a good way to hold yourself accountable and to resist what's out there. You deserve a cheer-you-along thread for this; so tell us, what did you not splurge on?

The-Young-Maid
January 27th, 2018, 08:38 AM
I love this thread already lol
I'm also on a no-buy/low-buy this year. I was doing really well til yesterday. I bought one conditioner that was on clearance for $3.13. I also managed to stack my coupons and got a Garnier hair mask for free.

I resisted buying... 6! I had manufacturer coupons and store coupons for those. But these sales run often and I don't need them for a long time yet. I had my eyes set on Herbal Essences (2 for $4.38 )+ Tresemme ($3.99) + Pantene ($3.09) + Aussie (2 for $6.98 ) = $18.44 - $3.13 = $15.31 saved this month! I'm annoyed I bought that clearance conditioner -_- oh well, I'm more motivated now.

Beeboo123
January 27th, 2018, 08:45 AM
I resisted going into the shop that sold my spin pins for $11.90. Ten more times, and I’ll be able to get a TT!

chomsky
January 27th, 2018, 08:55 AM
I resisted trying out a Shea Moisture conditioner and curl smoothie. I'd just spent £30 stocking up on Superdrug own brand (my staple and it's only £2.29 per 400ml bottle, both shampoo and conditioner), and couldn't justify the expense.

9.99 + 10.99 = 19.99 GBP

Now I see it like that, 20 pounds on something that'll last a month, woah. It does smell amazing though. :lol:

lapushka
January 27th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Doing great, you guys! :cheer:

cjk
January 27th, 2018, 12:29 PM
I'm the opposite. I'm going to start buying...hair toys. So far I've bought a silver hair stick, accordion band, barrette, and Bobby pins.

But thanks to careful shopping I refuse to spend much on them. I have the luxury of time, so I'll use it.

Got some wood in the garage, calling out to me as a potential hair fork.

bparnell75
January 27th, 2018, 12:39 PM
I'm the opposite. I'm going to start buying...hair toys. So far I've bought a silver hair stick, accordion band, barrette, and Bobby pins.

But thanks to careful shopping I refuse to spend much on them. I have the luxury of time, so I'll use it.

Got some wood in the garage, calling out to me as a potential hair fork.

Ebay has some lovely metal forks for very little moula. Check it out.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XMetal+hai r+forks.TRS0&_nkw=Metal+hair+forks&_sacat=0

NightSister
January 27th, 2018, 01:24 PM
I resisted a brand new ficcare and instead got a used one. That is my last hairtoy purchase for 2018.

*Wednesday*
January 27th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Oh. This is for me. I was in the hair section at the drugstore, tempted to buy hair color. I was tempted for a few weeks. I resisted and I'm so proud of myself.

lapushka
January 27th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Oh. This is for me. I was in the hair section at the drugstore, tempted to buy hair color. I was tempted for a few weeks. I resisted and I'm so proud of myself.

Yes, you did it! :)

M.McDonough
January 27th, 2018, 07:20 PM
If you are talking about hair products, oh it's been a long time for me since I bought hair products. I just got sick of wasting money on that :/ but I think I'll try this product, it's called Deep Sea Repair from DevaCurl.... If that answers your question, I don't know :D

leayellena
January 28th, 2018, 03:19 AM
There was last summer when I wanted to buy something from L'Oréal elvital total repair 5: BHT - no thanks!
The botanicals products are too expensive. I like Balea even better.
Argan oil of Morocco - too expensive. Didn't see people buying that thing, only some reviews on the internet and too many recommendations from rich YouTubers.
The tangle teezer, the wet brush... Gosh they're just brushes, they still produce mechanical damage if you brush 100 strokes.
Hair toys on reduced prices. Yeah, those for 5 year old blonde girls with baby fine hair... No thanks. I better invest in a ficcare or a hair stick.
I didn't buy hair sticks or ficcare because I found my method of stabilising a braided Nautilus with spin pins:
https://youtu.be/PcceaPyJirU (coming soon: braided knot bun with spin pins).
I didn't buy hair elastics: I saw how pretty YouTubers cringe when they take those things off their hair.
Hena or cassia - I really don't have money to invest in my hair. I practice benign neglect and my hair is doing just fine.

spirals
January 28th, 2018, 03:23 AM
I haven't bought a crea clip yet but I think I will end up doing it. It's cheaper than the salon.

The-Young-Maid
February 15th, 2018, 04:32 PM
I haven't bought a crea clip yet but I think I will end up doing it. It's cheaper than the salon.

Honestly, it's a great investment for me. I got it in 2013 and used it mmmmm half a dozen times or so? I can't remember how much my haircuts were but its faster too lol

I'm being good. I'm not even gathering coupons so I can't tempt myself. Finished one conditioner nearly done another.

lapushka
February 15th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Last Wednesday, apparently there were 2 Aqua Light shampoos + different Pantene conditioners on sale in our Aldi, and I resisted. I am waiting on the conditioner sale in Lidl. ;)

nycelle
February 15th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Good thread!

Resisted the urge to by a hair perfume. Tried to talk myself into getting it, but in the end, I was too cheap to spend $53 bucks for something so ridiculous. But man, I still want it.

Garnetgem
February 15th, 2018, 07:32 PM
I resisted to buy shampoo and conditioner and even a hair toy today..gosh it was so hard to walk away from the hair toys but i have so many and as for shampoo over 50 bottles already and goodness knows how many bottles of conditioner,i may have walked away today but a certain hair toy is on my mind but no i will resist!

melikai
February 15th, 2018, 10:49 PM
I've so far resisted getting a Wet Brush - specifically, the Earth edition wooden ones. They're so nice, but I really don't need another brush or comb. In the store here it costs about 25 euros equivalent.

Wavybrunetteuk
February 15th, 2018, 11:05 PM
I almost bought a sulfate-free shampoo for 99 Chinese Yuan (15.66USD) which I guess it's not too expensive but I can buy better shampoo online for cheaper from Beijing for 50 (7.9USD).

Suze
February 16th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Good thread!:)

I resisted buying a new Ficcare (neon purple) even though I told myself I could get it if I sold some stuff on Marktplaats (sort of a Dutch eBay) which I did.

I didn't buy anything at the 40% off sale at The Body Shop, even though I wanted too.

Didn't buy a hair toy from Bijoux Brigitte when I went there to pick up a present for my aunt.

I am not even looking at the sale offers drugstores such as 'Etos' and 'Kruidvat' have. I have enough conditioners for now I think. I will sort out my stash later on.:)

Soulina
February 16th, 2018, 04:33 AM
I resisted buying 2 shampoo bars from lush (27€), my hair loves the normal store bought shampoo and conditioner I have. If it works do not fix it.

NightSister
February 16th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Resisted a hair toy as part of my no-buy. it hurts.

AutobotsAttack
February 16th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Resisted buying yet another bottle of conditioner. At the moment I’ve gone cone free. However I still like cones and coney conditioner. Until next time Aussie 3MM.

hayheadsbird
February 16th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I resisted a brand new ficcare and instead got a used one. That is my last hairtoy purchase for 2018.
Same here! Won a bid on ebay, but then seller had listed the wrong size so refunded. But refunded in € not £, so I had pp balance in €. Now waiting for 'replacment' ( cos I might as well spend the €) from swap board - in correct size! Glad I resisted the new one from cult mate before checking here!
That will be my last 2018 purchase as well though

Simsy
February 16th, 2018, 06:24 PM
I’ll be staying off Etsy for most of this year. I have a couple of buffs coming to wear under hard hats and enough sticks and forks to keep me happy.

If this new job comes through, I’ll even be able to start wearing hair toys for work. :happydance:

Reservechic
February 16th, 2018, 06:51 PM
No buying of any hair products from the drugstores or any beauty supply stores period. I have also put a stop to all of the excessive online shopping for hair care products that I had been doing as well. I have decided to stick with buying from one brand and only one brand at this time, and work to be consistent with only using that brand of products (which happens to be Jessicurl) in my hair. And, not allow myself to become tempted to cruise the hair care isles everytime I go to the store, but instead to practice better self-control.

lapushka
February 17th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Last Wednesday, apparently there were 2 Aqua Light shampoos + different Pantene conditioners on sale in our Aldi, and I resisted. I am waiting on the conditioner sale in Lidl. ;)

And this Saturday they had just the one left and I got it. :( Major fail. Well, no a fail and not so much a fail. I only got one of the two. ;)

Does anyone else do that? If I wait and it's still there after *all this time* it's meant to be, and I'll pick it up. LOL! :lol:

enting
February 18th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Things from the swap board. I don't want to give in to the addictive tendencies, but oh, I regret passing some things up.

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 07:18 AM
There was a Pantene (volumizing) shampoo & conditioner set for 3.59 euro in my Aldi today. I passed on it!

What did you not buy recently?

We have to be "good", right? ;) :p

MusicalSpoons
January 12th, 2019, 07:50 AM
The last time I went into town (for an eye test) I knew I was going to pick up 2 more of my HG conditioner. On the shelf next to them were some new conditioners I'd either not seen or just not noticed before (cheap, always cheap!) and I automatically pulled one out to start reading the ingredients ... but resisted and put it back, because of my already huge stash of conditioners 'to try' :grin:

poli
January 12th, 2019, 09:05 AM
I resisted buying Garnier Hair Food mask and I'm glad I did resist, because it is not a completely cruelty free company even though the product itself is vegan.

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 10:52 AM
I resisted buying Garnier Hair Food mask and I'm glad I did resist, because it is not a completely cruelty free company even though the product itself is vegan.

It is a good product, though. Graham's curls did a video on it (not sponsored):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_4hE8MsoE&t=0s

Joules
January 12th, 2019, 12:22 PM
I can't think of a single thing, because if I set my eyes on something, it'll haunt me until I get it :rollin: lucky me, I only look at things on sale, full price stuff doesn't interest me :rollin:

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I can't think of a single thing, because if I set my eyes on something, it'll haunt me until I get it :rollin: lucky me, I only look at things on sale, full price stuff doesn't interest me :rollin:

I know... I know, trust me. That shampoo/conditioner set will be available in my Aldi for a few weeks yet (unless they sell out), and it will be difficult *every* darn time I go in there. It's even hard to pass the Garnier Ultra Doux line (Whole Blends/Ultimate Blends) every time we're in there. They now have an entire range!!!

Joules
January 12th, 2019, 02:51 PM
I know... I know, trust me. That shampoo/conditioner set will be available in my Aldi for a few weeks yet (unless they sell out), and it will be difficult *every* darn time I go in there. It's even hard to pass the Garnier Ultra Doux line (Whole Blends/Ultimate Blends) every time we're in there. They now have an entire range!!!

How do you resist? I can never resist. I missed the shampoo+conditioner gift set from Pantene before the holidays, and now it's gone. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went and bought those products separately the other day, payed more money, but at least it put my mind at ease. Maybe I'm just going through the excitement phase, rediscovering the drugstore market after almost a decade of same exact very specific products :D

lapushka
January 12th, 2019, 04:42 PM
How do you resist? I can never resist. I missed the shampoo+conditioner gift set from Pantene before the holidays, and now it's gone. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went and bought those products separately the other day, payed more money, but at least it put my mind at ease. Maybe I'm just going through the excitement phase, rediscovering the drugstore market after almost a decade of same exact very specific products :D

By thinking of the stash I have. I never go to the store without looking at my stash first, that way it's easy, trust me!

Ylva
January 12th, 2019, 08:39 PM

Yes!! This is me as well. It’s particularly strong, if the bottle is cute.

Joules
January 13th, 2019, 04:00 AM
Yes!! This is me as well. It’s particularly strong, if the bottle is cute.

I'm not even gonna say anything... :rollin:

Joules
January 13th, 2019, 04:08 AM
By thinking of the stash I have. I never go to the store without looking at my stash first, that way it's easy, trust me!

Yeah, that's my problem, I have maybe 5 or 6 months worth of products, not that much at all :D

lapushka
January 13th, 2019, 04:38 AM
Oh seeing as I got through 40 products last year, I think I'll be good for 5 years. :o

Ylva
February 19th, 2019, 03:34 PM
I half-accidentally missed out on a free shipping offer at the Kärkkäinen webshop and thus didn't buy stuff worth €50. I was going to order, but then the time went past midnight and the offer ran out, and now I won't make a purchase.

ETA: AND I canceled my Luxplus "free extra days until you get charged again" subscription instead of making one final order. I don't truly need any of the items I was about to order, so that's another €50 for now. If they're still in stock when I renew my subscription (which I will do at some point in the future, it's a good shop), I will get them then instead.

lithostoic
February 19th, 2019, 06:28 PM
A hair mousse. I have so many products to go through already!

Begemot
February 20th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I bought a hair mask for cheap last week, then couple of days ago went back to the same store and saw there was still couple of hair masks left and was tempted to get another tub... but I haven't even tried that mask yet. It would be too much to stock a product I haven't tried and don't know if I like it. whew

spidergoat
February 20th, 2019, 03:44 PM
I didn't buy a new hair mask online that looked like it would smell really good. Money is tight until next month and I really don't want to spend it on something I might not like the scent of. It also had a protein in it that I'm not sure I've ever used on my hair.

Arciela
February 20th, 2019, 10:22 PM
I'm low buy too atm also! I promised myself to use up my stash for real this year and that's that.

I almost got a volumizing shampoo by biolage cuz it was on sale..but in the end I decided nah..I really need to stick with this and use up all my stuff.

lapushka
February 21st, 2019, 07:48 AM
I didn't buy a wet detangler from my "Spar" (a store here), as it was 4.99 euro and mine cost 1 euro at Action, and I bought 3 as a back-up. If ever something happens to them and Action no longer stocks them, I'll know where to go.

They also didn't have the Garnier Fructis banana mask, so I bought nothing. The other shampoos & conditioners didn't appeal to me, even though there was a new one from Garnier Ultra Doux (whole blends), with almond milk.

Begemot
February 21st, 2019, 01:36 PM
I ordered a spring jacket from H&M and resisted the temptation to try something hair related from their beauty line... didn't even check that section :applause

spidermom
February 21st, 2019, 02:19 PM
I didn't buy new workout clothes today. At first I thought it would motivate me to go to the gym more often if I knew I had something cute to wear. Then I decided - nah! I've tried that before and it didn't help.

poli
February 23rd, 2019, 01:27 AM
I have been good at this lately - I resisted buying Paul Mitchell's leave-in (because I can get at least 5 cheaper ones for the price), I resisted shopping in natural health cosmetic shop online (because I just need henna and I already have it) and I resisted another Garnier hair food masks (because I was smart to smell them in the drugstore and I know I like the one I own the best) :cool:

lapushka
February 23rd, 2019, 07:15 AM
They had one last set of shampoo/conditioner in Aldi for 3.59 euro (Pantene), but I didn't get it. I had looked at my stash yesterday and... no. This can't happen!

lapushka
March 9th, 2019, 07:41 AM
4 bottles of Garnier Ultra Doux shampoo at 9.99 a pack. I bought this last time around. The camomile one and the oats one. There were no new varieties that I could use on my oily hair.

Yes they had the olive one, but that's too "rich" for my scalp. Would have been great for my mom, but she hardly ever washes her hair that 4 bottles warrants her needing it, and she sticks to color conserving shampoos mostly.

The-Young-Maid
March 9th, 2019, 08:05 AM
I have a cart full of leave-ins on Amazon right now. My brain wants me to take advantage of my Prime benefits while they last but I do NOT need leave-ins dear god. Takes me a long time to get through one anyway and I had like 6 in the cart lol

But I'm making good progress on a couple of serums that I use everyday! One is over halfway done. I've been layering them and it seems to work well enough to keep doing. I've noticed I buy things when I'm getting bored with my hair... Then I look at my minimalism inspo and I resist.

spidergoat
March 9th, 2019, 08:20 AM
I did not buy more Goody brand spin pins (tried a knockoff and they really didn't work) or another particular brand of hair pins that work really well in my hair. This is fortunate because I'm actually foregoing buying *anything*, not just hair stuff, until the 6th of April. Just a challenge I made to myself. Staying off etsy is the hardest part.

H o n є y ❤
March 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Hair Paint Wax for curly/kinky hair. I want to add temporary color to my hair, so I will be buying it in the future. For now, I resisted!

MusicalSpoons
March 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Yet more beads in my quest to make flexi-type beaded 8s. I haven't even tried to make ONE yet because I'm still waiting for half of my first order of beads to arrive. They were SO cheap on AliExpress that it was so very tempting, but I've just left them in my cart for now. Oh, and cabochons for the centrepieces, again on AliExpress. They're languishing with the beads in my cart that I've ignored for over a week :grin:

lapushka
March 9th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Yet more beads in my quest to make flexi-type beaded 8s. I haven't even tried to make ONE yet because I'm still waiting for half of my first order of beads to arrive. They were SO cheap on AliExpress that it was so very tempting, but I've just left them in my cart for now. Oh, and cabochons for the centrepieces, again on AliExpress. They're languishing with the beads in my cart that I've ignored for over a week :grin:

I would definitely see how you get on making your own flexi-type clip first. Who knows, it might be too difficult to manage and then there you'll be with all those beads and centerpieces.

MusicalSpoons
March 9th, 2019, 01:55 PM
I would definitely see how you get on making your own flexi-type clip first. Who knows, it might be too difficult to manage and then there you'll be with all those beads and centerpieces.

Precisely! I have plans to work out the beading and pattern before I even get to the memory wire, but it is a real possibility that it could end up being too fiddly anyway. The most expensive parts were the tools for the memory wire; everything else has been as cheap as possible (which is why it's taking so long, coming from China :lol:) and not too much of a risk if it doesn't work out :) but yes, that's definitely why I had to resist!

lapushka
March 9th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Precisely! I have plans to work out the beading and pattern before I even get to the memory wire, but it is a real possibility that it could end up being too fiddly anyway. The most expensive parts were the tools for the memory wire; everything else has been as cheap as possible (which is why it's taking so long, coming from China :lol:) and not too much of a risk if it doesn't work out :) but yes, that's definitely why I had to resist!

I have weak arms (my legs are as good as totally busted) so for me projects like this are a no. More than typing on the computer (which I have to be careful how to do) I don't much do.

But good luck on your project!!! :D
And show us the results! :thumbsup:

ursaV
March 9th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Didn't buy Garnier Hair Masks on sale at CVS! Didn't stop to see exactly how much, but I'm on a tight budget and can't spare a bit extra. I thought I would whip up a DIY mask with conditioner and ingredients I already have instead :)

Begemot
March 28th, 2019, 02:32 AM
I resisted those Garnier hair masks today. I couldn't decide which to get: banana, papaya or macadamia :uhh: so instead of getting all of them, I didn't buy any.

lapushka
March 28th, 2019, 06:53 AM
I resisted those Garnier hair masks today. I couldn't decide which to get: banana, papaya or macadamia :uhh: so instead of getting all of them, I didn't buy any.

Shame, cause the banana one is *really* good! :o :) ;)

Begemot
March 28th, 2019, 07:03 AM
Shame, cause the banana one is *really* good! :o :) ;)

Noooo stop tempting me...! :lol: They all looked so nice.

lapushka
March 28th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Noooo stop tempting me...! :lol: They all looked so nice.

Hahaha! LOL. I'm so sorry. :lol:

Begemot
March 28th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Hahaha! LOL. I'm so sorry. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I might have to go see if our local "cheap store" has those masks yet. I decided I'm allowed to buy one mask if they do :p Everyone's praising this mask so much, I must have it... sooner or later.

Ylva
March 28th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Where did you find them, Begemot? I haven't seen them in any brick and mortar store yet.

Stray_mind
March 28th, 2019, 10:15 AM
I didn't buy another ONN oval and some flexis. :D

Begemot
March 28th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Where did you find them, Begemot? I haven't seen them in any brick and mortar store yet.

K-Citymarket has them here :) Tokmanni doesn't, I checked their online site and our store today. I was hoping Tokmanni would have these masks for cheap, cittari price is a tad over 6 euros (well it's not that much, I'm just stingy).

Ylva
March 28th, 2019, 10:21 AM
K-Citymarket has them here :) Tokmanni doesn't, I checked their online site and our store today. I was hoping Tokmanni would have these masks for cheap, cittari price is a tad over 6 euros (well it's not that much, I'm just stingy).

Ah, thanks! :) I paid €6.25 for mine, I wouldn't expect to find them any cheaper than that unfortunately.

Begemot
March 28th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Ah, thanks! :) I paid €6.25 for mine, I wouldn't expect to find them any cheaper than that unfortunately.

True, the chances are very slim. Now I'm getting all anxious after reading some comments here, thinking how all the banana masks will be out of stock soon here too :lol:

CampFireTiger
March 28th, 2019, 10:47 AM
I've been having to resist justifying buying a ficarre because everyone else on this site seems to have one, but for that much money I could get so many other hair toys or even maybe an off brand ficcare if I can find one.

lapushka
March 28th, 2019, 11:30 AM
I've been having to resist justifying buying a ficarre because everyone else on this site seems to have one, but for that much money I could get so many other hair toys or even maybe an off brand ficcare if I can find one.

Do compare the price of a new one to one on the swap board here (old style). The latter can go for 100s of dollars!

spidergoat
April 1st, 2019, 08:35 AM
I resisted hair toys!! Every time I get paid I think, "Oooh, I have money now. I should get on etsy and buy a hair toy..." I think I may have some toys I have not yet worn. I'm going to make a list and wear everything once before I allow myself to buy something new. I think...

milosmomma
April 1st, 2019, 09:45 AM
I resisted hair toys!! Every time I get paid I think, "Oooh, I have money now. I should get on etsy and buy a hair toy..." I think I may have some toys I have not yet worn. I'm going to make a list and wear everything once before I allow myself to buy something new. I think...

Haha same! Have to pay those darned bills first ;) Yes maybe a trip over to the wear all your toys once thread would be a good stop for you and I before we get more goodies!

spidergoat
April 2nd, 2019, 09:44 AM
Haha same! Have to pay those darned bills first ;) Yes maybe a trip over to the wear all your toys once thread would be a good stop for you and I before we get more goodies!

I agree! I'll have to enlist my husband to take pictures because I haven't got the hang of hair selfies yet.

Begemot
April 10th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Went to see how the Garnier Hair food masks have been selling at my local grocery store, and half of me planned on buying the papaya mask... They were almost all out of the macadamia masks and I noticed that here they cost 6.90 e. Somehow managed to walk away and keep my promise to myself (I'll buy a new mask only after I have used the banana mask) :heart:

summergame
April 10th, 2019, 10:49 AM
I resisted a new conditioner from Elseve (only one minute to work into the hair). It was 6 EUR. Maybe I will buy if I have less stock B-)

lapushka
April 10th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Went to see how the Garnier Hair food masks have been selling at my local grocery store, and half of me planned on buying the papaya mask... They were almost all out of the macadamia masks and I noticed that here they cost 6.90 e. Somehow managed to walk away and keep my promise to myself (I'll buy a new mask only after I have used the banana mask) :heart:

Way to go! Stronger than I would have been! ;)

I resisted a new conditioner from Elseve (only one minute to work into the hair). It was 6 EUR. Maybe I will buy if I have less stock B-)

Way too expensive. Wait for a 2 + 1 free or 1 + 1 free deal! Keep your eye on the "reclameblaadjes" (store ads)

Things that you need to just leave in for 1 min. I tend to jump on, but not for 6 euro! ;)

Ylva
April 10th, 2019, 01:34 PM
I've never understood those "keep in hair for 1 minute only" products. It takes me like 5 minutes to apply conditioner. :rollin: I'm very diligent about it!

lapushka
April 10th, 2019, 03:25 PM
I've never understood those "keep in hair for 1 minute only" products. It takes me like 5 minutes to apply conditioner. :rollin: I'm very diligent about it!

I have to be quick about my wash, so I like it! A lot! And it works too; often those are super moisturizing conditioners!

languagenut
April 10th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I didn't buy any of Hele's LIs. And now somebody else bought most of the ones I was eyeing. I have lots and lots of will power! :D

(Now to not buy anything from Eadward's new site... :whip:)

Begemot
April 11th, 2019, 06:31 AM
I'm actively resisting Olaplex no. 6 leave-in conditioner and KC Professional Scalp cream...

Joules
April 11th, 2019, 06:54 AM
I seem to resist that new line from Pantene (protection from hard water) pretty well. Not sure how it's gonna go further, tomorrow is payday...

I also resisted and didn't buy two expensive hair masks from Kaaral. Well, it was more like "wtf I'm not paying this much for a mask" rather than actual resisting, so... :lol:

Ylva
April 11th, 2019, 08:45 AM
I'm actively resisting Olaplex no. 6 leave-in conditioner and KC Professional Scalp cream...

Hey, I didn't even know this existed before you started mentioning it around here :rollin: I really want to get it now!

Begemot
April 11th, 2019, 09:24 AM
I'm so sorry Ylva! :laugh: This requires some serious consideration since 100 ml bottle costs almost 30 euros... Now watching some reviews and looked up the ingredients list to see what this product actually has in it.

Ylva
April 11th, 2019, 09:27 AM
I'm so sorry Ylva! :laugh: This requires some serious consideration since 100 ml bottle costs almost 30 euros... Now watching some reviews and looked up the ingredients list to see what this product actually has in it.

I checked the ingredients, too, and unfortunately, it looks pretty good to me! It has the same stuff that makes Olaplex, well, Olaplex (bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate). It seems to prioritise protein over oils and humectants, which I'm not too keen on, but yeah. Still looks good!

But in all honesty, I am practically swimming in leave-in right now, so NO. No, Ylva.

Begemot
April 11th, 2019, 09:38 AM
I checked the ingredients, too, and unfortunately, it looks pretty good to me! It has the same stuff that makes Olaplex, well, Olaplex (bis-aminopropyl diglycol dimaleate). It seems to prioritise protein over oils and humectants, which I'm not too keen on, but yeah. Still looks good!

But in all honesty, I am practically swimming in leave-in right now, so NO. No, Ylva.

Stay strong :grin: Swim through your leave-in stash and then reward yourself with this product if you still feel like it.

hinabelle
April 11th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Even though it was only $5, I didn't spend money on a conditioner that I've heard works better than my current brand -- which I just bought a brand new container of.
I just need to use it up and then I'll try the different conditioner. :)

Ylva
April 11th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Stay strong :grin: Swim through your leave-in stash and then reward yourself with this product if you still feel like it.

Yep, that's what I'll try to do! :) In fact, my aim is to stop using leave-in entirely at some point, so I should probably not get any more...

Suortuva
April 11th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Hey, I didn't even know this existed before you started mentioning it around here :rollin: I really want to get it now!

Why are you talking about this? I didn't know that either, and now I know, and I just don't need to know everything. Gaaah...

Begemot
April 12th, 2019, 12:00 AM
Yep, that's what I'll try to do! :) In fact, my aim is to stop using leave-in entirely at some point, so I should probably not get any more...

Oh! Dropping leave-ins from my routine never crossed my mind. Can I ask why you want to stop using them? :)

Joules
April 12th, 2019, 01:19 AM
I seem to resist that new line from Pantene (protection from hard water) pretty well. Not sure how it's gonna go further, tomorrow is payday...

I also resisted and didn't buy two expensive hair masks from Kaaral. Well, it was more like "wtf I'm not paying this much for a mask" rather than actual resisting, so... :lol:

So resisting that shampoo turned out much easier than I expected. I compared its ingredient list to that of the repair shampoo (which I already own), and they are identical. Like, copy and paste sort of identical. Same ingredients in the same order. Either Pantene doesn't respect their customers enough to write real lists, or most of their shampoos are the same thing poured in different bottles. It's not the first time I notice such a thing with them, so yeah.

Ylva
April 12th, 2019, 08:24 AM
Why are you talking about this? I didn't know that either, and now I know, and I just don't need to know everything. Gaaah...

:laugh:

Oh! Dropping leave-ins from my routine never crossed my mind. Can I ask why you want to stop using them? :)

I just don't think my hair will need them once I've gotten rid of the remaining damage and it's fully healthy all the way to the ends. Right now I'm using a cream leave-in and a coney serum. I don't feel like it's too much, and I'll keep using them if I prefer it that way, but in the past it's been all good and dandy without leave-ins as long as my hair was healthy, so I hope I'll be able to drop them for simplicity's sake. :)

Begemot
April 12th, 2019, 12:14 PM
:laugh:

I just don't think my hair will need them once I've gotten rid of the remaining damage and it's fully healthy all the way to the ends. Right now I'm using a cream leave-in and a coney serum. I don't feel like it's too much, and I'll keep using them if I prefer it that way, but in the past it's been all good and dandy without leave-ins as long as my hair was healthy, so I hope I'll be able to drop them for simplicity's sake. :)

Sounds plausible! :)

spidergoat
April 14th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Hair toys. Again. I thought I would have the money this month, and technically I do, but it's better off being used for other things. :(

eresh
April 14th, 2019, 10:53 AM
I resisted and didn't buy a Yevheniia fork that was in her shop for a while....
Now I saw that it is sold and I feel regret LOL

lapushka
April 16th, 2019, 04:26 AM
At Kruidvat yesterday, there was a Kruidvat curl cream (leave-in type product), with a pump no less, for €1.89, and I put it back and got the Garnier Ultra Doux olive leave-in instead. I still regret not picking up the curl cream for €1.89. Ah, too bad. And there was a Franck Provost leave-in as well for half off (around €3.50 left to pay). Darn. But oh well, I got a pretty hefty haul anyway. ;)

Begemot
April 23rd, 2019, 10:52 AM
Saw some nice shampoo bars today. They smelled like the oriental shop I loved when I was 10, like incense sticks. Almost got one just because of the nostalgic scent but resisted. I have enough shampoo right now.

spidergoat
April 23rd, 2019, 01:18 PM
Saw some nice shampoo bars today. They smelled like the oriental shop I loved when I was 10, like incense sticks. Almost got one just because of the nostalgic scent but resisted. I have enough shampoo right now.

That sounds so nice! I'm afraid of trying shampoo bars because I'm happy with what I use now, and I'm glad you were able to resist - I don't know if I could, but I'm a sucker for incense smells!

LittleHealthy
April 23rd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Ooh I love this thread.
Since starting my plight here, I’ve resisted buying a new hair brush.
I wanted a tangle teezer, then I started looking at wooden brushes, as everyone says the brushes with the cushion and plastic pins with little bobbles are bad. I’ve managed to keep my usual ‘bad’ brush that I’ve had for the past 5yrs (it’s still going strong) and use it gently with no problems at al.
Also every time Priceline in Australia has a sale, I keep putting the Tigi Bedhead split end mender in my cart. Purely because it looks like a good leave-in for someone with bleach blonde ends such as mine. But I know olive oil will do the job just fine. So I’ve resisted that so far, too. I’m just sticking to oil, my old brush, and my regular shampoo/conditioner. That’s working just fine but geeeesh sometimes the marketing just makes some things look too good to resist.

Begemot
April 24th, 2019, 12:53 AM
That sounds so nice! I'm afraid of trying shampoo bars because I'm happy with what I use now, and I'm glad you were able to resist - I don't know if I could, but I'm a sucker for incense smells!

I hope you don't run into these shampoo bars since the smell was very strong and tempting ;) But one honestly smelled like dirt, like wet ground, so maybe that put me off from buying anything. I haven't used shampoo bars in ages but some are really nice actually! And they don't have plastic packaging and are good for traveling :)

Begemot
April 26th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Saw some quite nice looking claw clips but I guess I don't need more... :rolleyes:

AmaryllisRed
April 26th, 2019, 01:27 PM
The Briella flexi. I really love it and I HAD the money when they were first on sale but now that they're back, I don't.
Must be a responsible adult.

Begemot
April 26th, 2019, 01:29 PM
The Briella flexi. I really love it and I HAD the money when they were first on sale but now that they're back, I don't.
Must be a responsible adult.

Good for you :thumbsup:

Stray_mind
May 2nd, 2019, 02:17 AM
A bunch of flexis during this current sale.

Begemot
May 26th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Saw some OGX shampoos and conditioners with discount stickers on them but resisted and didn't even stop to take a closer look. I actually haven't used any OGX products before but I have been wanting to. They have really nice big bottles with cute design.

lapushka
May 26th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Saw some OGX shampoos and conditioners with discount stickers on them but resisted and didn't even stop to take a closer look. I actually haven't used any OGX products before but I have been wanting to. They have really nice big bottles with cute design.

I have heard that OGX shampoos are quite drying. So maybe it's good you passed that up. The conditioners however might not have been that bad. I know. I know. ;)

Begemot
May 27th, 2019, 01:30 AM
I have heard that OGX shampoos are quite drying. So maybe it's good you passed that up. The conditioners however might not have been that bad. I know. I know. ;)

:lol: It's true it would be better to try a new product (that you won't know if you will like) when you can get it cheaper than usual.

curly girl fla
May 27th, 2019, 07:19 AM
So far I've resisted the urge to buy the Devacurl Decadence set that is part of the 25% off sale. My hair hated the original products when they first came out way back when, and they're so expensive, so I'm not sure why I really want to try them again...

MusicalSpoons
May 27th, 2019, 07:28 AM
TK Maxx, on Thursday. A veritable PJ heaven! I resisted SO MANY things! I only bought one thing, Noughty Dynamo Detox because was the price it is when it's normally on special offer elsewhere, but I've not been able to find in physical stores.

Ylva
May 27th, 2019, 09:26 AM
I've gone almost a month without buying any hair stuff! :shocked:

Is it ok to buy something in celebration of that?

lapushka
May 27th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I've gone almost a month without buying any hair stuff! :shocked:

Is it ok to buy something in celebration of that?

Yep. But... you knew I was gonna say that. :p

Begemot
May 28th, 2019, 02:08 AM

:lol: :lol:

Do you have some product on your mind, Ylva? :)

lapushka
May 28th, 2019, 06:17 AM

LOL!

Yes I'm curious too. Maybe we can get into it in another thread, because I am turning every thread into a product-buying one, it seems. :lol:

Ylva
May 28th, 2019, 09:39 AM

LOL!

Yes I'm curious too. Maybe we can get into it in another thread, because I am turning every thread into a product-buying one, it seems. :lol:

:lol: Well, actually, I was going to make a big order of other hygiene and personal care items, like deodorant, shower gel, pads, body scrubs, lotions, face wash etc., so I was wondering if I could add a "few" hair items to that order... Mostly shampoos, because I found a bunch of interesting ones, especially Dr. Konopka's shampoos, because I've never tried any but they look really nice.

Begemot
May 29th, 2019, 12:53 AM
That sounds very reasonable to me, Ylva :) Though I'm a little worried about those quotation marks, how many does "few" mean to you exactly :lol: I still can't resist new products very well. Experimenting and the search for HGs isn't over it seems.

LittleHealthy
May 29th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Still resisting the urge to buy the Tigi Split End Mender. It will NOT solve my problems but it says it will and smells soooo good. Damn marketing. Will continue to resist.

Has anyone thought about milestone related rewards? I thought about getting a real ficcare when I hit hip or tailbone :o

SimplySmile
May 29th, 2019, 08:09 AM
I found a lovely butterfly hair comb thing on etsy and I really want to get one - pretty much the same thing as those as seen on tv "EZ Combs". The one's on etsy are about $27 a piece.

I am at the point in my hair growth journey where it still doesn't go into my old go to bun (LWB) with my XL flexi. So I thought I should treat myself to some new stuff to get me through this rough patch of the journey. Keep in mind I have already "treated myself" to a big pack of velvet scrunches and a bunch of claw clips a few months ago. I thought those would solve all my hair problems and be my new go too.. I am realizing I just need to learn new styles with my existing hair toys instead of buying new toys and hoping those will be the problem solver... Another lovely side effect from the big chop.

:taz:

Ylva
May 29th, 2019, 09:43 AM
That sounds very reasonable to me, Ylva :) Though I'm a little worried about those quotation marks, how many does "few" mean to you exactly :lol: I still can't resist new products very well. Experimenting and the search for HGs isn't over it seems.

Yeah, me too! :lol: But I'll try to be reasonable, and I haven't made any order as of yet. I'll try to delay it as much as possible, at least until next month, so it goes on the next bill rather than this month's, and I'll have gone a full month without hair purchases.

I can relate to the "search for HGs", it seems to be neverending. Even though I have found a bunch of products that work really great for me, I'm always on the lookout for something that could be just a little bit better... :shake:

Still resisting the urge to buy the Tigi Split End Mender. It will NOT solve my problems but it says it will and smells soooo good. Damn marketing. Will continue to resist.

Has anyone thought about milestone related rewards? I thought about getting a real ficcare when I hit hip or tailbone :o

Resist it for the sake of the name! You know too well that split ends can't be "mended", therefore you shouldn't be supporting such a nonsense name! :lol:

I think milestone-based rewards would end up with me continuously cutting 0.5 cm above a milestone and calling it over and over and over...

I found a lovely butterfly hair comb thing on etsy and I really want to get one - pretty much the same thing as those as seen on tv "EZ Combs". The one's on etsy are about $27 a piece.

I am at the point in my hair growth journey where it still doesn't go into my old go to bun (LWB) with my XL flexi. So I thought I should treat myself to some new stuff to get me through this rough patch of the journey. Keep in mind I have already "treated myself" to a big pack of velvet scrunches and a bunch of claw clips a few months ago. I thought those would solve all my hair problems and be my new go too.. I am realizing I just need to learn new styles with my existing hair toys instead of buying new toys and hoping those will be the problem solver... Another lovely side effect from the big chop.

:taz:

I think it's a reasonable enough purchase if it makes the journey more enjoyable. :)

Begemot
May 29th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Yeah, me too! :lol: But I'll try to be reasonable, and I haven't made any order as of yet. I'll try to delay it as much as possible, at least until next month, so it goes on the next bill rather than this month's, and I'll have gone a full month without hair purchases.

I can relate to the "search for HGs", it seems to be neverending. Even though I have found a bunch of products that work really great for me, I'm always on the lookout for something that could be just a little bit better... :shake:

That's a good strategy! :thumbsup:

Same, same... It's the product junkie tendency messing with us, can't be happy and content since there's always that "what if..." :rolleyes: It's also just so fun to try new things! I think I should decide some months are no buy months and ban myself from checking online stores during those months.

Cool idea LittleHealthy! I imagine myself coming up with brand new "milestones"... :lol:

Begemot
July 8th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Saw some cute hair ties and a hair clip with nice discount stickers on them... but resisted. They were cute but didn't seem entirely hair friendly. I almost never use cute hair accessories anyway.

lapushka
July 8th, 2019, 01:51 PM
They had hair accessories (granted more for children) in our local Aldi for 2 euro an entire set (large bag full) and I didn't do it.

clandestine
July 11th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Another pot of dollar tree conditioner....I have to destash more!

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2019, 03:12 PM
25% off my favourite conditioner ... 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price are better deals so I should wait :wannabe:

lapushka
July 11th, 2019, 03:23 PM
25% off my favourite conditioner ... 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price are better deals so I should wait :wannabe:

Buy one get one half price = 25%. ;)

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Buy one get one half price = 25%. ;)

So it is :doh: just as well my maths failed me there! :laugh: Still, 3 for 2 is a common offer on that certain website so I *really* ought to hold out for that.

lapushka
July 11th, 2019, 03:45 PM
So it is :doh: just as well my maths failed me there! :laugh: Still, 3 for 2 is a common offer on that certain website so I *really* ought to hold out for that.

3 for 2 (buy 3 pay for 2) is commonly calculated at around 30% in Kruidvat stores here in Belgium. I typically hold out for offers that are buy one get one free, that's 50% and you can't beat that. I am on a tight budget. I keep a close eye on stuff like this.

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2019, 03:51 PM
3 for 2 (buy 3 pay for 2) is commonly calculated at around 30% in Kruidvat stores here in Belgium. I typically hold out for offers that are buy one get one free, that's 50% and you can't beat that. I am on a tight budget. I keep a close eye on stuff like this.

Yes, most things I like to wait for half price but this conditioner is rarely on such good offer. 3 for 2 / one-third off is the best I can rely on, anything better is a very surprising bonus :) It's also more expensive even on offer than the rest of my conditioners (which are usually £1 for 400ml!) so I'm holding back from stocking up because it is a luxury item for me. My hair loves it but I have plenty of decent enough conditioner to not *need* it :)

lapushka
July 11th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Yes, most things I like to wait for half price but this conditioner is rarely on such good offer. 3 for 2 / one-third off is the best I can rely on, anything better is a very surprising bonus :) It's also more expensive even on offer than the rest of my conditioners (which are usually £1 for 400ml!) so I'm holding back from stocking up because it is a luxury item for me. My hair loves it but I have plenty of decent enough conditioner to not *need* it :)

It is a luxury when you can pass up deals to wait for the "best one" because you have enough left from last time they had a good deal. It's how I roll. :cheer: :lol:

GrowingGlory
July 11th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Garnier Fructis Sleek&Shine Brazilian Smooth Shampoo, Conditioner and Flatiron Express are still at the store. I have enough shampoo for about a year at home. Stopping shopping now may greatly reduce the risk of needing to use up a stash!

RadioactiveLily
July 11th, 2019, 05:23 PM
There was a cocobolo helix fork on Etsy with a beautiful grain that I’ve been admiring for a while, but I’ve resolved to buy no more hair toys until I pass my registry exam for work. It recently went on sale for 25% off, but I resisted. Now the sale has passed, and temptation has been averted... for now :)

C_Bookworm
July 11th, 2019, 05:52 PM
It is a luxury when you can pass up deals to wait for the "best one" because you have enough left from last time they had a good deal. It's how I roll. :cheer: :lol:
I love the everpresent stash you keep, lapushka! I’m from California, so after the last two quakes hit, we pulled out our emergency kits and checked the dates of the food, added things, etc. I was totally picturing your stash and thinking I needed a mini stash for emergencies :rollin:

Begemot
July 16th, 2019, 11:00 AM
I had to order some skin care products. I waited to get the 20% discount that lookfantastic offers regularly and while I waited for it, I browsed their hair care product selection... for days. So many tempting things. Still ended up buying just what I really needed.

lapushka
July 16th, 2019, 04:29 PM
I love the everpresent stash you keep, lapushka! I’m from California, so after the last two quakes hit, we pulled out our emergency kits and checked the dates of the food, added things, etc. I was totally picturing your stash and thinking I needed a mini stash for emergencies :rollin:

Thanks! :cheer:

LOL! ;)

illicitlizard
July 16th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Another shampoo, I already have 3 shampoo/conditioner sets one which doesn't work for me and two I alternate between but haven't finished yet. I don't need more damn shampoo even if it does smell like strawberries!

Begemot
July 22nd, 2019, 06:38 AM
Came across some mini shampoos and conditioners... they were so cute and small and cheap :shrug: Still walked away.

spidergoat
July 22nd, 2019, 10:49 AM
A detangling leave in. It's from a company that makes a face moisturizer I like, but I don't know much about their hair products, not to mention it was a lot more expensive than what I'd normally buy, and I find that I don't actually *need* a detangler with the combination of ROO and my (currently missing) wet brush.

pisinoe
July 22nd, 2019, 11:21 AM
I really want to order 6x400ml Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner from amazon... I don't need it right now but I know I want it. I've resisted for a month now and will try to wait until September. Oof.

Reservechic
July 22nd, 2019, 06:48 PM
Everytime I go to the store, I'm tempted to go down the hair care isle. However, I have decided that I won't be buying anymore hair are products for the rest of the Summer. I'm going to become focused on using up my stash, versus buying any more haircafe products for a while.

Twig
July 26th, 2019, 03:42 PM

Oh, I really like the OGX products. My hair loves these, and they're sulfate free and no animal testing.

lapushka
July 26th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I took a dive through my stash to try and curb my shopping "enthusiasm". :lol:

I have... plenty. :o

Begemot
July 27th, 2019, 01:39 AM
Oh, I really like the OGX products. My hair loves these, and they're sulfate free and no animal testing.

I actually did end up getting OGX O2 conditioner later from a different store, with a discount too :D It's a great feeling to find "your brand"!

curly girl fla
July 27th, 2019, 08:09 AM
I really want to buy the Lus Hair Care Curly or Kinky set...it's in my cart...I absolutely don't need anything, but what if the three-step kit actually is all I need? I searched but didn't see where anyone here has reviewed this line. Closed the site for now anyway.

MusicalSpoons
July 27th, 2019, 08:15 AM
50% off a mega flexi which put it well under the customs limit, but I don't *need* it and it's a design I've only considered before rather than actually wanted. So that stayed there. Most of the rest of the ones I actually wanted were just above the customs limit thanks to the rubbish exchange rate, but my bank balance is very relieved :grin:

Hellebore
July 27th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Not hair-related, but I have about $30 worth of makeup (on sale) in my online cart from Medusa's Makeup. Managed to talk myself out of spending it and closing the browser instead because I am in the throes of buying a house and it. is. expensive. Sigh.

Begemot
July 30th, 2019, 05:44 AM
First time seeing L'Oreal Elvital Dream Length hair cream in a store near me. I'm reallllly tempted by this one since my hair likes Dream Length products a lot. But I still have almost full bottle of Garnier's hair cream left. I have time to seek good discount for this one.

Natalia_A00
July 30th, 2019, 09:19 AM
The Coco and Eve hair mask... I saw ads and good reviews of it EVERYWHERE and I was curious. But as soon as I found out that the price was 40€... I was out. I won't pay that for a mask that will probably only do what the other masks I have already do: make my hair shiny and smooth.
:agape:

Stray_mind
July 30th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Didn't buy anything on a flexi sale and also didn't buy any garnier masks. I am refraining to buy them until my tubs at home are completely empty. I also won't buy any shampoo. Need to empty the three bottles i have lol

MusicalSpoons
July 31st, 2019, 06:16 PM
A pure silk scarf in a charity shop today - it was *very* pretty but not wide enough to cover either my bun or my head, so not much use for me. (In the same charity shop I also resisted a jumper embroidered with 'Star Trek Voyager' in the proper font, so I'm quite proud of myself! :o)

GrowingGlory
July 31st, 2019, 08:10 PM
Invisibobbles

Milkchocolate
August 2nd, 2019, 07:10 AM
I haven’t bought anything all year :) I’m proud of myself. I’ve stuck with the same 2 hair wash products. But now I’m thinking about buying a new protein conditioner. Perhaps Hask :)

embee
August 2nd, 2019, 05:00 PM
I visited two charity shops and did not buy anything. One shop really didn't have much of anything I wanted, the other had two things I carried around a while but put back before I left. Not like I *needed* either one of them, although I would have used both.

GrowingGlory
August 2nd, 2019, 06:12 PM
Garnier Hair Masks

renia22
August 9th, 2019, 08:30 PM
They had these at a discount store today, not part of the regular US line. Said it’s made in Thailand. I didn’t buy it:

https://i.ibb.co/Cmhg9zf/743-DA744-692-A-475-A-AF5-E-D0731-E4-CC19-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/fq4fN2s)

PallasAthena
August 13th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Eqyss Megatek Rebuilder. Well, I kind of cheated. I ordered it on Amazon with a gift card and then was informed it was damaged in transit and was given a refund. I have decided to take this as a sign and not repurchase at this time.

Groovy Granny
August 13th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Nexxus and Malibu C products :wannabe:

They will be considered when it is time to refill the products I am currently using... and no sooner ;)

GrowingGlory
August 14th, 2019, 06:04 PM
A haircut.

lapushka
August 15th, 2019, 05:59 AM
They had these at a discount store today, not part of the regular US line. Said it’s made in Thailand. I didn’t buy it:

https://i.ibb.co/Cmhg9zf/743-DA744-692-A-475-A-AF5-E-D0731-E4-CC19-C.jpg (https://ibb.co/fq4fN2s)

Oh darn, I probably would not have passed that one up. And it's for oily scalp. I'm gonna keep a look out for that formula! Thanks for posting this picture, renia. And thanks so much for inspiring me. LOL! ;)

renia22
August 15th, 2019, 12:37 PM
^ I came close, it reminded me of the smell of Timotei Green Tea maybe (which I’ve only found in the US once)? It smelled rather “fresh”. But I’m at that tipping point, where accumulating any more shampoos will stress me out. Conditioners I don’t have as many of..

Twig
August 15th, 2019, 01:46 PM
A large blue Lotus Ficcare. But hours have been cut back somewhat at work, so not this month. Work's also been a little stressful lately, so I'm really in "treat yo'self" mode.

PillowBook
August 15th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Joico Retivalux hair mask... I have at least a dozen tubs of hair masks and I don't need another! I'm trying to deep condition frequently (at least twice a week) and I always apply generously but even so it will be a long time before I need to restock. Gotta work thru my stash!

LittleHealthy
August 15th, 2019, 06:49 PM
More scrunchies. I have plenty, but I keep stopping to look at other colours and fabrics while I’m shopping! I have all the materials o make more myself anyway. I shouldn’t be supporting slave labour!

RunOnCaffeine
August 17th, 2019, 11:49 AM
I almost bought Schwarzkopf Gliss Extreme Repair leave in conditioner spray because it was 1.99 in one of my local pound shops.
I didn't only because I bought a Dove intensive repair mask (also 1.99) and the Garnier Hair Food banana and shea (3.49 and it's the most divine scent!) instead :p
I also left Herbal Essences whipped cocoa butter on the shelf because I don't currently need any more conditioner, and I'm trying to CO more days, so I'm trying to ignore shampoo.

Garnetgem
August 17th, 2019, 12:49 PM
More Herbal essences daily detox shampoo,they were going at a bargain price but i have plenty so don't need it..oh but it hurt to walk away from that bargain!

Begemot
August 24th, 2019, 01:18 AM
Yesterday I did buy a new hair stick but managed to resist a brand I have been eyeing for some time. They have scalp scrub and glitter hair spray :crush: Very tempting but I chose to resist (for now).

lapushka
August 24th, 2019, 07:43 AM
4-pack of Garnier Ultra Doux shampoos, the big 300ml bottles, for 9.49 euro. It really hurt to pass that up.

My mom resisted a 2-pack of the Nivea repair shampoo. It was on sale in Aldi. Price wasn't mentioned but it was in the sales bin, so it had to be less, but... my mom showed no interest. This shampoo is for dry, brittle hair, so not quite my thing.

enting
August 25th, 2019, 03:02 AM
For now, this: http://www.crystalmood.com/handmade-wood-hair-stick-bamboo.html
and this: http://www.crystalmood.com/carved-hair-fork-lignum-vitae.html - Please tell me someone else also sees the Starship Voyager in its shape... I kind of want it in charcoal dymondwood now.... or metal!

I'm also resisting buying the pineapple sticks from Seeshami's swap board post.

embee
August 25th, 2019, 04:48 AM
Yesterday was out of town. Stopped by a *fantastic* big fabric store and resisted buying any new fabric - my stash at home is so large I can hardly close the storage box, so I really need to use that up first! Oh dear, I'll dream about some of the things I saw....

clandestine
August 25th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Natural Instincts from CVS when I had manic panic left in the cabinet. Manic panic takes way more time but it is more gentle and I can mix it with my deep conditioner.

Tinyponies
August 25th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Enting - I see Voyager! It’s passing through a slight nebula :) :heart:

Stay strong!

The-Young-Maid
August 25th, 2019, 07:23 PM
I had coupons for many hair things... but nothing would have been totally free and I already have a bunch to use so I let them expire. I was tempted tho lol

Begemot
August 26th, 2019, 06:15 AM
For now, this: http://www.crystalmood.com/handmade-wood-hair-stick-bamboo.html
and this: http://www.crystalmood.com/carved-hair-fork-lignum-vitae.html - Please tell me someone else also sees the Starship Voyager in its shape... I kind of want it in charcoal dymondwood now.... or metal!

I'm also resisting buying the pineapple sticks from Seeshami's swap board post.

Thank you for introducing me to this site! Now I want this Chinese zodiac hair stick, I'm a monkey and this is such a cute face :D http://www.crystalmood.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/460x460/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/z/2/z2711-1.jpg

summergame
August 26th, 2019, 06:29 AM
A gift set of Love beauty and Planet in sale on Bol.com (https://www.bol.com/nl/p/love-beauty-and-planet-luxe-geschenkset-argan-oil-lavender/9200000109708946/ ) I really want to try out the deodorant and the shower gel but I have spended too much already this month and I am going on a city trip Friday to Monday so this would be a disaster for my purse :/ ;)

whoisida
August 27th, 2019, 10:48 AM
A gift set of Love beauty and Planet in sale on Bol.com (https://www.bol.com/nl/p/love-beauty-and-planet-luxe-geschenkset-argan-oil-lavender/9200000109708946/ ) I really want to try out the deodorant and the shower gel but I have spended too much already this month and I am going on a city trip Friday to Monday so this would be a disaster for my purse :/ ;)

Also, the problem I have with this brand is that its claiming to be great for the environment. But it's made by Unilever, which is one of the top most polluting companies in the world. So it's great that you didn't buy it for this reason as well ;)

Begemot
September 14th, 2019, 10:04 AM
I came across Erittäin Hieno Suomalainen (rough translation would be Very Fine Finnish) sensitive conditioner. Instead of buying it right away, I decided to look up the ingredients list properly at home and then decide if I want to try it.

lapushka
September 14th, 2019, 11:25 AM
I came across Erittäin Hieno Suomalainen (rough translation would be Very Fine Finnish) sensitive conditioner. Instead of buying it right away, I decided to look up the ingredients list properly at home and then decide if I want to try it.

That's smart! :) I'm pretty comfy with most ingredients. ;) I do check to see if there's sulfates in my shampoo and things like that, but conditioners, I'm generally fine with one way (silicones) or the other (no silicones).

Begemot
September 14th, 2019, 11:53 AM
That's smart! :) I'm pretty comfy with most ingredients. ;) I do check to see if there's sulfates in my shampoo and things like that, but conditioners, I'm generally fine with one way (silicones) or the other (no silicones).

I thought so too :D No impulse buys. I can compare the ingredients of new products to products that I know my hair likes and maybe that way avoid products that would end up in the back of my closet...

Groovy Granny
September 14th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Velvet or Silk scrunchies :eye:
I have more than enough in other materials with a great selection of sizes and colors :shrug:

ETA: IT is time to get back to the IMPORTANT things in my life and focus LESS on buying things, especially what I do NOT NEED :wannabe:

ETA: and I caved on [url=https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQCWGSB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[this[/url] :lol:

At almost 70 I must try it, or I haven't lived :cheer:

Begemot
September 16th, 2019, 10:20 AM
I was able to resist another product today. I had no idea the Finnish brand XZ has a "plex" line. I was intrigued but skeptical so got home to google the ingredients list. Apparently it really does have reconstructing ingredients (sugar based). My hair usually hasn't loved XZ products but maybe I'll stop resisting and give it a try.

lapushka
September 16th, 2019, 02:00 PM
I was able to resist another product today. I had no idea the Finnish brand XZ has a "plex" line. I was intrigued but skeptical so got home to google the ingredients list. Apparently it really does have reconstructing ingredients (sugar based). My hair usually hasn't loved XZ products but maybe I'll stop resisting and give it a try.

I love the fact that you are patient enough to go home first and get some background on a product before hastily buying it. :flower:

But it sounds like a good thing, too good to pass up. :D

pisinoe
September 16th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Went to DM today and as I bought the Garnier Aloe Air Dry Cream, I really wanted to get the banana hair mask as well because it smells so freaking divine. My aunt bought it though, I might have to sleep over just to try it I guess lol. But I just got 12 x 400ml conditioners and I still have 7 others (most big too) to use up as first C, so no excuses... But the smell... woah!

My scalp and skin are not fond of oils at all so maybe it's best for me to stay away anyway.

Begemot
September 17th, 2019, 01:16 AM
I love the fact that you are patient enough to go home first and get some background on a product before hastily buying it. :flower:

But it sounds like a good thing, too good to pass up. :D

I'm proud of myself lol. No spontaneous buys for me anymore.

gothicshollow
September 17th, 2019, 02:19 AM
I resisted, and didn't buy literally everything that DM sells!
DM is a german drogerie-markt chain where you can find everything for bodycare/hygiene and household, and the haircare shelves are so tempting! But I'm back to producing my own cosmetics (also for hair) so I'm trying to resist every time I enter one!

Begemot
September 17th, 2019, 02:29 AM
I resisted, and didn't buy literally everything that DM sells!
DM is a german drogerie-markt chain where you can find everything for bodycare/hygiene and household, and the haircare shelves are so tempting! But I'm back to producing my own cosmetics (also for hair) so I'm trying to resist every time I enter one!

Amazing self-restraint, I admire you! :D I visited four different DMs when I went to Germany... it was heavenly. I would be so broke if I lived anywhere near those stores.

Begemot
September 19th, 2019, 03:05 AM
I kept resisting the XZ conditioner... I kept telling myself that it won't go anywhere even if I don't buy it straight away. I went to two bigger stores and checked if they carried this product. They didn't and I went into mild panic mode thinking I have to immediately go to the smaller store where I first saw the product and get it. Talked myself out of it :D

edit. I had to stop by that smaller store just now and saw that they had only 5 of the conditioners, so I caved :rolleyes:

Begemot
November 2nd, 2019, 01:10 PM
I saw one bottle of my old favorite conditioner that apparently got discontinued last year, L'Oreal Volume Collagen conditioner (light violet bottle). It had discount sticker on it, probably because it's already so old and it had been opened but I still was really tempted to buy it... It was my HG conditioner for years.

lapushka
November 2nd, 2019, 03:46 PM
The Garnier Ultra Doux (aka "blends" line) was in a 4-pack of shampoo (300ml bottles) for €8.89 at our local Lidl, a steal, knowing they sell the 250ml bottles in our Aldi at €3.49 a piece.

I didn't get it though because they had the kids line (nope), the argan, the olive (far too moisturizing), then the camomile and the oat. I have the camomile & oat in 4-packs from previous sales so... I'm good.

Begemot
November 6th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Love, Beauty and Planet's Shea butter and Sandalwood oil conditioner smells divine. I sniffed it a good while before slowly backing away from the hair care product isle.

The-Young-Maid
November 8th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I got another batch of coupons in the mail, but I resisted! There weren't any for Dove or Tresemme which are my favorite brands so I managed to stay away. I was tempted to try the Maple Whole Blends conditioner but they only had the large...

The-Young-Maid
November 8th, 2019, 12:58 PM
The Garnier Ultra Doux (aka "blends" line) was in a 4-pack of shampoo (300ml bottles) for €8.89 at our local Lidl, a steal, knowing they sell the 250ml bottles in our Aldi at €3.49 a piece.

I didn't get it though because they had the kids line (nope), the argan, the olive (far too moisturizing), then the camomile and the oat. I have the camomile & oat in 4-packs from previous sales so... I'm good.

You're stronger than me lapushka that deal would've pushed me over the edge and I don't even like most of the Whole Blends lol

Laurab
November 8th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Ijust went through a big binge of buying new products (eight headbands, three clips, and a new oil but that's mostly for skincare), so I'm trying to hold off through the end of the year.
Well, not counting black friday anyway, ha.

I've been resisting buying coconut oil, since I've never tried it. I at least want to use some product up before I do, so I'm trying to stay strong!

I'm also trying to look through old stuff I have, seeing if there's anything I haven't used in years that I could still wear in my hair.

lapushka
November 10th, 2019, 03:41 AM
You're stronger than me lapushka that deal would've pushed me over the edge and I don't even like most of the Whole Blends lol

:lol: Oh you're so bad! ;)

I saw they still have some left... it's getting tempting. :p

Rapunzelroberts
November 10th, 2019, 03:47 AM
I resisted buying jade roller, satin scrunchies, anti dandruff shampoo on sale. These sales keep coming so il wait till my products get over. I have hair friendly hair band 😜.

Ylva
December 5th, 2019, 01:37 AM
I waited until Superdrug's offers passed, now nothing I want is on sale.

0xalis
December 5th, 2019, 02:31 AM
I have to resist every hair toy I see... I can't even use them yet!
Low-buy and no-buy are really good challenges and more people should get into them :)

lapushka
December 5th, 2019, 08:35 AM
I have to resist every hair toy I see... I can't even use them yet!
Low-buy and no-buy are really good challenges and more people should get into them :)

Totally agree! ^^ It also helps if you keep track of how many products you use and how many come in if you're on a low-buy. I have been on a low-buy for 2 years now. This is year 2. Last year I used up 40 products, and this time I am already over 40 products. :cheer:

Zesty
December 5th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I resisted all but one Black Friday sale. I had stuff sitting in my cart on so many websites. :lol: Ficcare in particular was a close call but I didn't cave!

MusicalSpoons
December 5th, 2019, 11:04 AM
I resisted all but one Black Friday sale. I had stuff sitting in my cart on so many websites. :lol: Ficcare in particular was a close call but I didn't cave!

I resisted LOTS of non-hair BF sales but not as many hair-related sales as I'd have liked. I had my reasons, and they were calculated purchases, but I do feel like I bought more than I maybe ought to have :oops:

I haven't bought any conditioner recently though! :wannabe:

Zesty
December 5th, 2019, 11:15 AM
I resisted LOTS of non-hair BF sales but not as many hair-related sales as I'd have liked. I had my reasons, and they were calculated purchases, but I do feel like I bought more than I maybe ought to have :oops:

I haven't bought any conditioner recently though! :wannabe:

I kept it on the inexpensive end, at least. I just got a Tangle Teezer. But no hair toys. :wannabe:

MusicalSpoons
December 5th, 2019, 11:23 AM
I kept it on the inexpensive end, at least. I just got a Tangle Teezer. But no hair toys. :wannabe:

Hehe, I was the other way round - hair toys (also at the inexpensive end, except one), but you have reminded me I did resist the F&F Tangle Teezer :D

Zesty
December 5th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Hehe, I was the other way round - hair toys (also at the inexpensive end, except one), but you have reminded me I did resist the F&F Tangle Teezer :D

Yeah! :hifive:

TreesOfEternity
December 5th, 2019, 11:39 AM
I would have loved to purchase a large Ficcare during this sales, also a Senza Limiti hair fork, but oh well I have to save. I can't really afford hair toys nowadays, can't believe how people can buy hundreds of them a year I'm just too broke haha. But I love to at least see the action pictures :popcorn:

0xalis
December 5th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Totally agree! ^^ It also helps if you keep track of how many products you use and how many come in if you're on a low-buy. I have been on a low-buy for 2 years now. This is year 2. Last year I used up 40 products, and this time I am already over 40 products. :cheer:

Absolutely! We have a one in, one out rule. And we try to only have one of any product at a time.
We still had 3 unfinished (but open, so we couldn't donate them) shampoos when starting this rule though, so we're using up what we have left.
I'm excited to run out, because I want to try out shampoo bars...

lapushka
December 6th, 2019, 06:43 AM
Absolutely! We have a one in, one out rule. And we try to only have one of any product at a time.
We still had 3 unfinished (but open, so we couldn't donate them) shampoos when starting this rule though, so we're using up what we have left.
I'm excited to run out, because I want to try out shampoo bars...

Not the Lush ones I hope? Those are sulfate bars and might as well just use regular shampoo then. If you are going down deep, try things that are manufactured with lye, so *real* soaps, like the Chagrin Valley ones, to name just one very familiar brand.

I do believe we have a soap bar thread; I will look it up for you! Hold on! (<sigh>Had to go through Google because silly me was looking up "soap bar" and didn't find it, no it's "shampoo bar". Duh! :lol:)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74

Ylva
December 6th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Not the Lush ones I hope? Those are sulfate bars and might as well just use regular shampoo then. If you are going down deep, try things that are manufactured with lye, so *real* soaps, like the Chagrin Valley ones, to name just one very familiar brand.

Moving away from sulfates is not the only reason why one might use shampoo bars. You get more product without having to buy the water, and one could argue that shampoo bars are also easier to travel with.

lapushka
December 6th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Moving away from sulfates is not the only reason why one might use shampoo bars. You get more product without having to buy the water, and one could argue that shampoo bars are also easier to travel with.

Less waste too. I already use soap bars (Dove) for my body (instead of body wash), so I most certainly do my part. ;) :D

I do love my liquid shampoos. :) I did try soap bars a long long time ago so long ago that I don't even remember what brand. I think it was local to me. It just didn't work for me. Used it up for the body/hands.

Ylva
December 6th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Less waste too. I already use soap bars (Dove) for my body (instead of body wash), so I most certainly do my part. ;) :D

I do love my liquid shampoos. :) I did try soap bars a long long time ago so long ago that I don't even remember what brand. I think it was local to me. It just didn't work for me. Used it up for the body/hands.

Yep! Less waste is certainly something to think about these days. If I was to try shampoo bars, I'd probably go for the Lush ones because I don't want to use lye-based stuff or soaps, but they are so fond of using shea butter in their products, and my hair is just not a fan of that stuff.

giraff
December 7th, 2019, 08:37 AM
The entire Ogx line was on 50% off at my local pharmacy.. Picked up the coconut oil, because I don't have a hair oil for my ends at the moment. However, I just ordered to different sets of non-silicone and low sulfate shampoo and conditioner yesterday, so buying a silicone oil might be counterproductive to my new hair project? I put it down, and walked out of the pharmacy, as fast as I could.

lapushka
December 7th, 2019, 03:27 PM
There were 2 Garnier Fructis Hairfood papaya masks in the store, 1 banana one and one aloe vera one. I got 1. Just 1. The papaya one. And left the rest in the store! Besides they weren't on sale, so... just a matter of principle, but I was out the papaya and... well, it was there. So technically a fail, but not a fail. LOL! :lol:

RunOnCaffeine
December 8th, 2019, 02:24 AM
I can't remember the brand name but it was a hair oil (plus other ingredients) in the ethnic section which had coconut oil and baobab in it. Shiny red packaging and only £4. Maybe when I use up my OGX one.

ETA: ORS Hairepair! This was it: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289933542

Ylva
December 16th, 2019, 01:13 AM
I don't know but somehow my brain doesn't take my regular cone-free conditioners in consideration, but only considers MASKS as stuff I will use as first conditioners. I hope that sentence is somewhat understandable. I just never seem to understand that I actually have a HUGE stash of stuff I can use as first conditioners after I run out of masks (which is not about to happen anytime soon) and DO NOT need to buy more masks, because I will have a lot less damaged hair by the time I run out of them anyway. I keep having to remind myself of this.

The only mask I should buy is the occasional papaya Hair Food because those are just too good for my hair. I definitely need to build some sort of a conception of time when it comes to heavy products meant for damaged hair vs. growing out virgin hair. I mean, I don't even know if my virgin hair will TOLERATE double conditioning in the first place! Generally speaking, it is very easy-going and low-maintenance!

For a few months now, I've successfully avoided buying masks and hope to keep that up the coming year. :D

lapushka
December 16th, 2019, 04:12 AM
I don't know but somehow my brain doesn't take my regular cone-free conditioners in consideration, but only considers MASKS as stuff I will use as first conditioners. I hope that sentence is somewhat understandable. I just never seem to understand that I actually have a HUGE stash of stuff I can use as first conditioners after I run out of masks (which is not about to happen anytime soon) and DO NOT need to buy more masks, because I will have a lot less damaged hair by the time I run out of them anyway. I keep having to remind myself of this.

The only mask I should buy is the occasional papaya Hair Food because those are just too good for my hair. I definitely need to build some sort of a conception of time when it comes to heavy products meant for damaged hair vs. growing out virgin hair. I mean, I don't even know if my virgin hair will TOLERATE double conditioning in the first place! Generally speaking, it is very easy-going and low-maintenance!

For a few months now, I've successfully avoided buying masks and hope to keep that up the coming year. :D

Ditto! I love that mask. I am using other stuff up first before starting mine, though, because I only got one (could have gotten 2, but I didn't). And now I regret it. :lol: ;)

I have seen your stash, Ylva, you are set!

Ylva
December 16th, 2019, 04:26 AM
Ditto! I love that mask. I am using other stuff up first before starting mine, though, because I only got one (could have gotten 2, but I didn't). And now I regret it. :lol: ;)

I have seen your stash, Ylva, you are set!

I'm doing the opposite; I'm using the heaviest and most efficient masks, which for me are papaya Hair Food and Shea Moisture JBCO, now that I still have the worst damage left in my hair. Then I will gradually move over to less conditioning, less impressive products which my hair will hopefully respond better to once I've grown out the worst damage.

Indeed, I have to try and make that sink in. :D

giraff
December 16th, 2019, 04:34 AM
Walked by a shop today that sells my current shampoo and conditioner for a lower price in double the size container. ..I have enough shampoo and conditioner for now, I think.. I've also bought more "exciting" products that I'll start using once I run out of the current one. I just like it so much!

lapushka
December 16th, 2019, 11:38 AM
I'm doing the opposite; I'm using the heaviest and most efficient masks, which for me are papaya Hair Food and Shea Moisture JBCO, now that I still have the worst damage left in my hair. Then I will gradually move over to less conditioning, less impressive products which my hair will hopefully respond better to once I've grown out the worst damage.

Indeed, I have to try and make that sink in. :D

Doesn't sink in here either. ;) :p

Makes a lot of sense that you would be using the most heavy stuff right now! :thumbsup:

Ylva
December 17th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Came across this in a supermarket today. I think it's new? At least I've never seen it before.

https://i.ibb.co/mt2vzLq/garnierrrr.jpg

I picked it up for a while but then took it back to the shelf. I decided it was too similar to the Aloe Hydra Bomb shampoo which I love except that this one had SLES and the one I have has ALS which my scalp prefers.

lapushka
December 17th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Haven't seen those here, Ylva! They look new to me.

ExpectoPatronum
December 17th, 2019, 05:31 PM
I was at the store buying my favorite styler (Jessicurl Spiralicious!) and was about to buy a new shampoo bar too. I was in line with the shampoo bar in my hand! It was a highly unnecessary purchase since I had two CV samples coming in the mail so I actually got out of line and put it back.

I used my sample today and I loved it so I'm glad I didn't buy that bar!

giraff
December 17th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Came across this in a supermarket today. I think it's new? At least I've never seen it before.

https://i.ibb.co/mt2vzLq/garnierrrr.jpg

I picked it up for a while but then took it back to the shelf. I decided it was too similar to the Aloe Hydra Bomb shampoo which I love except that this one had SLES and the one I have has ALS which my scalp prefers.

Hair, scalp and beard?! First time I see that. I've never seen that product either!

lapushka
January 22nd, 2020, 04:39 PM
At our local grocer they had a coupon for 1.50 euro off 2 Garnier Ultra Doux (blends line) products. Normally the conditioners are 3.49 euro a piece. That would have brought it down to 2.75 euro a piece. But our local Kruidvat is now doing 4 products for 10 euro, so nothing beats that; still I'm not going to get anything!

MusicalSpoons
January 22nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Holland and Barrett had the Rose shampoo in the 'buy one get one for a penny' sale - but I cannot yet be 100% certain that it has absolutely nothing to do with the eczema flare on my face that is now slightly less severe but still being stubborn :( so the best sale ever, on my favourite scent ... I had to pass. *sigh*

silkystrandz
January 22nd, 2020, 07:12 PM
At my favorite thrift store they sell knitting needles for 25cents I usually by a nice color and lop off the top for a cheap hairstick. Reminded myself that I only have one head and that the hair toy drawer is full, and decided to pass..... Now maybe Mable and Gracie can pick these up on the cheap and get to knitting. LOL

WonderGirl
January 24th, 2020, 01:18 PM
I bought Moroccan oil hair care that is very very expensive. Tried it once and it dried out my hair so badly that my hair has never been t he same since. Anyways I returned it and saved $120 and I will never impulse buy again. I also saved money by trying products that were bought out by L'oreal and other large companies that changed the products and are awful now. They were products that I bought all the time and my hair looked amazing but now I resist any brand owned by those companies. My hair use to look unbleached and natural. So I save hundreds of dollars each year. Now I'm looking for things that are indi brand.

leayellena
January 26th, 2020, 02:38 AM
... claw clips. I don't need them right now and I need more than just 2 claw clips (https://www.dm.de/ebelin-haarspangen-p4058172132544.html)...

poojasilk
January 29th, 2020, 05:38 PM
I wanted to buy some deep conditioning hair masks at the store but decided to save my money and make a DIY mask at home :D

Ylva
January 30th, 2020, 12:37 AM
I haven't bought any hair products in many months! I'm very proud of myself. I have, however, bought other unrelated things, so I've spent just as much money altogether. :lol:

LittleHealthy
January 30th, 2020, 04:11 AM
I almost bought another pair of scrunchies. Though, I have plenty of fabric and elastic to make nice ones myself.
A while back I almost bought a pair of large clips (the kind you sweep your hair back and use the clip as a pretty accessory, very trendy right now). I'm so glad I didn't buy them because I don't actually know when I'd wear them! *FACEPALM*

lapushka
January 30th, 2020, 07:26 AM
I left a lot of things in the store yesterday. Aussie Moist (for that price I went with the HASK conditioner for my mom), Maui Moisture (11.99 for a small bottle, no thank you).

Also the Hyaluronic acid from Kruidvat. It said: for dry skin. It wasn't pure HA and there was alcohol right in the middle of the ingredients' list; thank goodness I read that! My HA from Aldi is pure HA, with some preservatives, much more prefer that!

Also passed up the Garnier Ultra Doux (blends) line entirely. Even though they were selling huge bottles. Not even the masks drew me in.

I stuck to the Garnier Fructis Hairfood masks (stocked up). :cheer:

YOLO
February 3rd, 2020, 11:54 PM
Impulse bought Living Proof Dry Scalp treatment and then discovered it's Unilever and returned without opening ;o

Then had guts to try the ACV rinse and Oasis Beauty's rhino repair that could help scalp which seems to get rid of the occasional spot irritation on my skin.

We'll see.. Inahsi is also a brand who puts Hyaluronic Acid on their hair products and got some free samples to try :p

embee
February 4th, 2020, 04:53 AM
Resisted even going to the store! It was in the plan and did not happen. :)

elise.autumn
February 4th, 2020, 05:51 AM
I did not buy anything during the Lilla Rose sale, even though I looked through their catalog so much.

Autunno
February 4th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Also passed up the Garnier Ultra Doux (blends) line entirely. Even though they were selling huge bottles. Not even the masks drew me in.

Please teach me :eek: I can resist everything but Ultra Dolce/ultra doux/whole blends/etc :rolleyes:

On the other hand, i’m forcing myself to not buying other oils. I’m 100% newbie when it comes to oils and I think that buying too many types would just get me confuse, so I’m trying to stuck to what i already have at home (macadamia, olive and jojoba)

lapushka
February 4th, 2020, 02:38 PM
Please teach me :eek: I can resist everything but Ultra Dolce/ultra doux/whole blends/etc :rolleyes:

On the other hand, i’m forcing myself to not buying other oils. I’m 100% newbie when it comes to oils and I think that buying too many types would just get me confuse, so I’m trying to stuck to what i already have at home (macadamia, olive and jojoba)

I have a number of them in my stash, so that is why they are "easier" to pass up. Watch me once I get low! ;) :p

But if you don't have a lot of it at home, don't pass up the deals!

AmberWillow
February 9th, 2020, 12:39 PM
I didn't buy the new Garnier Hair Food tub in the Goiji berry scent! Even though it was on offer!! And I avoided the new shampoo and conditioners brought out in the same Hair Food line... I'm curious to try them , though...

Ylva
February 9th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Despite many temptations, I still haven't bought any hair products! \o/

MusicalSpoons
February 9th, 2020, 01:30 PM
I've still not given in to Superdrug's offer on Garner Hair Foods :meditate:

Ylva
March 1st, 2020, 12:16 PM
I'm feeling tempted to buy some shampoos from brands I haven't tried before. I'm feeling especially drawn to aloe vera products because that just seems to be such a magical ingredient, and my scalp's current favourite is an aloe vera shampoo. I'm looking at Faith in Nature and Dr Organic in particular, and maybe a few by Urtekram that I haven't tried before that look really nice. I'd also like to get aloe vera gel in case I get sunburnt in the summer.

But it's not like I don't have enough shampoo already. :shrug:

desisparkles
March 1st, 2020, 01:45 PM
Must google resist....

cestlavie
March 1st, 2020, 02:58 PM
I'm feeling tempted to buy some shampoos from brands I haven't tried before. I'm feeling especially drawn to aloe vera products because that just seems to be such a magical ingredient, and my scalp's current favourite is an aloe vera shampoo. I'm looking at Faith in Nature and Dr Organic in particular, and maybe a few by Urtekram that I haven't tried before that look really nice. I'd also like to get aloe vera gel in case I get sunburnt in the summer.

But it's not like I don't have enough shampoo already. :shrug:

I can tell you that the aloe vera shampoo from Dr Organic is a favourite of mine. It's very mild for the scalp and hair but still does a good job at cleaning. Never had any kind of itching or build up and I like to use it especially in the summer. Overall I think Dr Organic is a great brand.

lapushka
March 1st, 2020, 03:30 PM
I resisted getting the Garnier Ultra Doux (4 for 8.89 euro, 300ml bottles) shampoos. The L'Oréal Elsève shampoos & conditioners (4.99 & 4.59 euro per 2-pack) deal and the Pantene deal (shampoo & conditioner) for around 3.50 euro.

I feel *great*!

MusicalSpoons
March 1st, 2020, 03:37 PM
I can tell you that the aloe vera shampoo from Dr Organic is a favourite of mine. It's very mild for the scalp and hair but still does a good job at cleaning. Never had any kind of itching or build up and I like to use it especially in the summer. Overall I think Dr Organic is a great brand.

It's my shampoo too :cheer: (the only one I've found my scalp likes, though I'm hoping it likes the others in the line with the same basic formulation too)

Natalia_A00
March 2nd, 2020, 02:08 PM
I resisted and didn't buy... that Brazilian hair care brand: Skala. I was told that it is just a cheap brand with very harsh ingredients, and that it's actually bad for hair. Apparently it just has a strong marketing system, so a lot of "hair influencers" on instagram use it.

Ylva
March 2nd, 2020, 04:27 PM

That sounds really good!

It's my shampoo too :cheer: (the only one I've found my scalp likes, though I'm hoping it likes the others in the line with the same basic formulation too)

I remember!! That's a major reason for me wanting to try it as well. I remember our scalps acting very similarly in terms of oiliness.

Stray_mind
March 10th, 2020, 03:03 AM
More hair toys, specifically the beautiful toys from Yevheniia shop and the leather flexis. They are pretty and i want them, but currently i can't afford them

Milady_DeWinter
March 10th, 2020, 03:10 AM
The latest elder helix from Furnival. Love it, but I can't pick everything I like :p And I prefer to invest a lil bit more on an antler helix with a topper sometime in the future.

lapushka
March 10th, 2020, 05:17 AM
I resisted the sale in Lidl for L'Oréal Elsève products 4.59 euro for 2 conditioners and 4.99 for 2 shampoos. And there was a 2nd half off on a Pantene shampoo & conditioner in Aldi.

Ylva
April 1st, 2020, 02:39 PM
I think my last hair "consumable" purchase was a NightBlooming order on November 29th 2019. I've decided to go on a strict no-buy this year, and so far so good. Let's see how it goes, if I'll continue it in 2021 and how much of my stash remains after this year!

Ylva
May 11th, 2020, 04:09 AM
I was really close to breaking my No-Buy 2020 yesterday. Kärkkäinen was offering free delivery for Mother's Day and I wanted to get aloe vera & coconut water (my hair loves both!) conditioner and shampoo by Garnier Respons. They were tiny 200 and 250 ml bottles respectively, and not particularly cheap, so in the end, it was for the best that I let the offer pass, but those last 20 minutes before midnight were quite tough! :D Also, I know many others have said this before, but WHY, WHYYYYYY is the conditioner in the smaller bottle??! It makes NO sense!!

lapushka
May 11th, 2020, 05:36 AM
I was really close to breaking my No-Buy 2020 yesterday. Kärkkäinen was offering free delivery for Mother's Day and I wanted to get aloe vera & coconut water (my hair loves both!) conditioner and shampoo by Garnier Respons. They were tiny 200 and 250 ml bottles respectively, and not particularly cheap, so in the end, it was for the best that I let the offer pass, but those last 20 minutes before midnight were quite tough! :D Also, I know many others have said this before, but WHY, WHYYYYYY is the conditioner in the smaller bottle??! It makes NO sense!!

Probably so you'd buy more of it. It is well known that people use a lot more conditioner than shampoo.

Good on you for not caving, Ylva!

lapushka
January 15th, 2021, 06:08 AM
There were Tangle Teezer knock-offs, with handles, even a paddle-style brush style with TT teeth, at my Lidl, but I resisted, because they can no longer beat the workings of a wet brush dupe (dupes, guys I only use dupes/knock-offs LOL).

I'm glad I didn't get them! Yay!

Belgrade Beauty
January 15th, 2021, 09:15 AM
A wooden brush. I'm in desperate need of one, but when I see the price 30$ it's too much for my budget. So I only use my tangle teezer, On dry hair it's not the best idea , static and all.