PDA

View Full Version : Little late but 1 yr or so anny

Borgessa
January 24th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Its been a little over a yr since I joined this website and learned so much about my hair, from the fact that it was even curly, I had always thought it was straight and just ripped a hair brush through it, I had a lot of broken hair, from ponytail holders. Anyway I learned so much from you all ladies, and I am extremely grateful. The things i gave up when I arrived hair. Hair ties, I've been one yr free. Brushing, which I thought was crazy at the time. Nope, I no longer even comb my hair wet, and it will be a few days if at all that i will use a tangle teaser or comb in my length at all. I still do and always will brush my canopy. I like a neat bun.

Oiling has become my friend and a deep condition now and then. My curls have blossomed but, it was never my goal, my goal has always been length, (so I bun and protective style EVERYday :) ) this progress is extremely slow, but all good things take time I guess. I will show you the pics i uploaded when I first posted here asking for your'alls help.. and then show you the photo's I just took today.

October 2016
http://i65.tinypic.com/25yup3l.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/f2ld8o.jpg

This is today, after I washed and dried my hair, no products other than oil and conditioner. I have noticed the last few weeks my hair has a lot more body in it than it use to.. I think EVER :) it still needs a work... but I see some hope.

http://i66.tinypic.com/i20c3q.jpg

AutobotsAttack
January 25th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Love your hair color. Slightly brighter than my own. Glad to see this community has helped you so much.

I too have a bit of damage from breakage because I constantly part my hair down the middle.

Borgessa
January 25th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Love your hair color. Slightly brighter than my own. Glad to see this community has helped you so much.

I too have a bit of damage from breakage because I constantly part my hair down the middle.

Good grief, don't tell me that can cause damage too... grrr those precious hairs.

AutobotsAttack
January 25th, 2018, 01:14 AM
To an extent it can. However if you’re very careful I see no reason you have to completely stop so long as you aren’t experiencing any breakage. Personally, I’m going to have to change it up because no matter how gentle I am, my very fine hairs in the middle can’t stand up to frequent detangling in that manner. So I was going to try horizontally parting my hair in layers and then detangling

Jas
January 25th, 2018, 03:32 AM
Oh I can tell the difference it's made not to brush it - your waves look really lovely and defined and you're definitely right about the body of it. The waves really suit you :D

Borgessa
January 25th, 2018, 03:50 AM
Oh I can tell the difference it's made not to brush it - your waves look really lovely and defined and you're definitely right about the body of it. The waves really suit you :D

Thank You Jas, I got a bit upset as I posted this photo to a group of FB where someone told me it just looked like it was crying out for moisture (the pic I took today) i'm tempted to just give up, if i put this much work into it, and its still doesn't look right.. sigh. She actually had me in tears.. Funnily enough i didn't post to get advice on the condition of my hair but to show my progress and length check.. Isn't it amazing how crappy a stranger can make you feel. Its not dry, its been oiled, conditioned washed conditioned again, every time I wash it, and then i use the LOC method with jojoba or argan oil.. I never miss, and she told me to try doing the curly girl method, with out even asking me what I was doing.

Jas
January 25th, 2018, 04:00 AM
I know exactly how crappy it can make you feel - don't give up, all you have to do is look at the comparison from last year to see how far you've come. You know exactly what you're doing for your hair and you know it's not lacking moisture - they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

People can be horrible for just no reason, out of nowhere the other day someone told me my hair looks mousy and too long (and they had the bulldog face to match the comment!). It really upset me too but people just don't think about the impact of their comments, rise above it (and tell them they don't know anything about your routine and please keep negative comments to themselves! They wouldn't like it if you criticised their hair!).

TatsuOni
January 25th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Congrats! That's some progress! :)

Borgessa
January 25th, 2018, 04:17 AM
I know exactly how crappy it can make you feel - don't give up, all you have to do is look at the comparison from last year to see how far you've come. You know exactly what you're doing for your hair and you know it's not lacking moisture - they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

People can be horrible for just no reason, out of nowhere the other day someone told me my hair looks mousy and too long (and they had the bulldog face to match the comment!). It really upset me too but people just don't think about the impact of their comments, rise above it (and tell them they don't know anything about your routine and please keep negative comments to themselves! They wouldn't like it if you criticised their hair!).

It is hurtful, and I don't think she meant to be offensive, its a long haired group, but was just fun to watch all the nice comments everyone gets, and that was the one comment I got.. Oh I spose I got to laugh I feel a bit better for getting it out there. Who can ya talk to when someone insults your hair, cause really NO one cares who aren't interested in hair, its just hair to them right.. But if they knew the amount of work, worry and research we put in to it, to be so flippant about it.. blah..

And your hair is ANYTHING but mousey its beautiful and silky... Some people get angry when they see long hair, or are they just jealous really <3

Thank you TatsuOni, your hair is stunning :)

lapushka
January 25th, 2018, 05:46 AM
I love your wurls! I'm glad you discovered them. :D Such a difference that makes! :)

Happy anniversary. :cheer:

embee
January 25th, 2018, 07:14 AM
:) Coming right along! I wish I had some waves like yours. Mine is straight as a ruler. :(

Lanalavallama
January 25th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Your hair is fine and curly. I can appreciate the work that goes into hair with those two attributes. You are giving your hair what it wants. Definition and volume? Good job, keep at it, and ignore the naysayers!
Looking forward to seeing more progress as your hair flourishes.

Beeboo123
January 25th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Thank You Jas, I got a bit upset as I posted this photo to a group of FB where someone told me it just looked like it was crying out for moisture (the pic I took today) i'm tempted to just give up, if i put this much work into it, and its still doesn't look right.. sigh. She actually had me in tears.. Funnily enough i didn't post to get advice on the condition of my hair but to show my progress and length check.. Isn't it amazing how crappy a stranger can make you feel. Its not dry, its been oiled, conditioned washed conditioned again, every time I wash it, and then i use the LOC method with jojoba or argan oil.. I never miss, and she told me to try doing the curly girl method, with out even asking me what I was doing.

She probably needs her eyes checked, your hair is so shiny and fine! I definitely see progress in both length and curl definition. Happy hairniversary!

lucid
January 25th, 2018, 11:17 AM
You have great volume, and it really suites your face! Also, congrats on the progress! :D

Agnieszka
January 25th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Your hair will blossom in few years with the great care you are doing now. I honestly see progress. Ok ends are bit on a thin side and you could trim it gradually off if you wanted too. But your hair looks better from the top to your chin so please don't get discouraged and keep doing what you are doing. It's a long process! I wish you (and myself;-) lots of patience!!!

Corvana
January 25th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Happy anniversary!! Wonderful progress, your wurls are so beautiful.

Borgessa
January 25th, 2018, 10:01 PM
I love your wurls! I'm glad you discovered them. :D Such a difference that makes! :)

Happy anniversary. :cheer:

Thank you Lapushka, you are the guru, I appreciate your imput, and you know I love your hair so much, its gorgeous :) Thank you for all your advice. Hello Hydration is my HG thanks to you, and so easy to get my hands on, which is often difficult as you know, not all products are available everywhere.

:) Coming right along! I wish I had some waves like yours. Mine is straight as a ruler. :(

Thank you embee, I didn't like them at first, and they are not my goal, but I do enjoy seeing them on wash day, and they have caused me to treat my hair quiet differently.. but often I just braid it bun it and sleep haha, so I never see them for long. I'm always protectively bunned.

Your hair is fine and curly. I can appreciate the work that goes into hair with those two attributes. You are giving your hair what it wants. Definition and volume? Good job, keep at it, and ignore the naysayers!
Looking forward to seeing more progress as your hair flourishes.

Lana, I feel that you totally understand just how fragile this hair type can be, and how frustrating that fragility is.. Thank you so much for this comment, it made me feel sooooo much better <3

She probably needs her eyes checked, your hair is so shiny and fine! I definitely see progress in both length and curl definition. Happy hairniversary!

Thank you Beeboo, hehe it is another day and i've got over that hump, but I won't forget lol hehehe, i'm bitter and twisted that way!!

You have great volume, and it really suites your face! Also, congrats on the progress! :D

Thank you Lucid, its so nice to get some great feed back from everyone, I feel so much better now!!

Your hair will blossom in few years with the great care you are doing now. I honestly see progress. Ok ends are bit on a thin side and you could trim it gradually off if you wanted too. But your hair looks better from the top to your chin so please don't get discouraged and keep doing what you are doing. It's a long process! I wish you (and myself;-) lots of patience!!!

Yes I want to trim off, i can see now where it gets thicker, almost like suddenly. Like when the LHC love started haha, when i did my big chop, i didn't chop all that was needed, and Yeah for sure more needs to come off, but I can't bare to cut any length off at the moment, it just grows so slow, I only grew 4 inches in all this time.. there was a couple of micro trims, but very micro. My goal is hopefully one day to have a thicker hemline and be about waist, if i can make it there, maybe i can grow longer. Patience is something I am sorely lacking. I think a lot of us are :)

Happy anniversary!! Wonderful progress, your wurls are so beautiful.

Thank you so much, I do love my curls when they on display, still amazes me i never knew they was there, Crazy huh?

Corvana
January 25th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much, I do love my curls when they on display, still amazes me i never knew they was there, Crazy huh?

I don't think it's crazy at all! I only just discovered my own!

Simsy
January 26th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Fantastic progress, your hair looks much happier. And yay! Another stealth curly, always fun to watch the transformation from disobedient “straight” hair to lovely waves and curls.

draysmir
January 26th, 2018, 05:57 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair has improved so much! Your waves are very pretty, such a dramatic difference from when you first joined! Despite your trims and slower growth, it looks like you made a lot of progress in terms of length as well. Your hair definitely does look more full now, and I'm sure you'll be able to grow to waist since it looks like your thickness is travelling down a bit. I think your thinner ends right now really compliment your waves, since your waves look like they naturally separate into small sections already :)

In terms of the lady that told you your hair looks dry, I don't see what she's talking about personally. The mid back section of your hair looks a bit frizzier (probably from moving around in the wind outside or something), but your waves to me look moisturized and bouncy compared to the first pictures. Could she be mistaking more wild and unbrushed hair as dry? Everyone's hair is so individual, and you're the only one who really know the condition and feel of your hair, so I would ignore those people that judge your hair before they know anything at all about it.