PDA

View Full Version : My VERY FIRST EVER LHC Braid

justgreen
October 29th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Three years and I could never find anyone to braid my hair until I got my highlights yesterday and Rhonda asked if she could braid it! I can't get the color right, but it's pretty acurate.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/justgreen_/001-5.jpg

Then, this morning, I put a scrunchie up high to save the head braid, and undid the lower.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/justgreen_/001-6.jpg

Islandgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Ooo...pretty. I like the braidwaves.

You really cannot braid your own hair?

Sherri
October 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Very pretty! I learned to french braid my own hair. It is easiest to learn while the hair is damp. Now I can just whip it up any time I feel like it.

Dolly
October 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Very nice!

I can't do anything but a basic braid on my own hair.....never a French braid.....

justgreen
October 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
:undecidedI'm braid-tarded.

I can braid anyone else's hair, and I'm very good at it. All those years of being a camp counselor with my girls and they all wanted french braids in the morning before breakfast!

Isilme
October 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM
oh, that's a really nice braid! The darker underlayer is awesome too. http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm some braiding instructions, try the dutch braid, it's much easier than a french:)

Dolly
October 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM
:undecidedI'm braid-tarded.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......I love that!:rollin:

Sherri
October 29th, 2008, 04:28 PM
oh, that's a really nice braid! The darker underlayer is awesome too. http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/Braiding_Tips.htm some braiding instructions, try the dutch braid, it's much easier than a french:)
I have a hard time doing the dutch braid because I learned to french braid first. Justy if you can braid then french braiding is just adding in hair to an exsisting braid. You can do it your not braid-tarded:)

Islandgrrl
October 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
:undecidedI'm braid-tarded!

You poor thing!

FrannyG
October 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
It's beautiful Justy. :)

girlcat36
October 29th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Okay, so I am not the only one here who cannot braid their own hair!
Looks good, Justy!

justgreen
October 29th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks guys! I could probably figure it out, but my arms would not be able to finish the job. I am going to make Cyk learn how to braid. If he can cast on a knitting needle, tie flies and all that, surely he can master a french braid!

nayver
October 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM
It's a beautiful and THICK braid!!! I also love the combination of colors.

Speckla
October 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Very very pretty!!
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)

AnneAdeline
October 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
That looks great, justgreen! Your hair is a very pretty color and the dark underlayer looks really cool.

I had to learn to French braid my hair because my dad seemed to "forget". (He braided my hair a lot when I was younger.) It's so much easier on other people's heads, though.

Tashomani
October 29th, 2008, 05:23 PM
JustGreen...great job and the color of your hair is very neat!

Anje
October 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Gorgeous braid, Justy!

Have you ever looked at the instructions for self French braiding in the Klutz book "Hair"? They suggest dropping the middle strand and give some nice hand positions which work well for me. I could never braid my own hair either before that.

Ohio Sky
October 29th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Don't feel bad, I'm braid-tarded too. I can do some awesome braids in DD's hair but if I attempt to french braid my own hair, it comes out a bumpy, tangled mess. Haven't yet figured out why...

Anyways, yours is lovely!

xrosiex
October 29th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Your braid is really pretty so thick and I like the colors. I cant braid to well myself my arms get to tired after about the third try. Does that mean I'm braid-tarded too?:)

MadHatter
October 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Ooo, I like the colors. You sure do have a lot of purty hair!
I, too, am braid-challenged.

NightDaemon
October 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I love your hair colour! The two-tone effect is just amazing, especially once it starts to mix around in the braid.

Elphie
October 29th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Oh, I like the two-toned effect. It gives a nice, unexpected contrast to your hair!

I'm less braid-tarded than I was two months ago, but that's not saying much!

spidermom
October 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Very nice!

Lady Lilya
October 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I can't french braid my hair either. It is curly and gets all tangled up. But I could french braid someone else's hair that isn't so curly.

Curlsgirl
October 29th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys! I could probably figure it out, but my arms would not be able to finish the job. I am going to make Cyk learn how to braid. If he can cast on a knitting needle, tie flies and all that, surely he can master a french braid!

There ya go!!!

It really looks lovely Justy. I am the opposite. I can French braid my own really well but never anyone elses. I guess in that way I'm braid-tarded like a lot of the rest of ya!!

Koala Kim
October 29th, 2008, 09:27 PM
That is one :thud: worthy braid there Justy! :rockerdud

Pierre
October 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I agree - and I grew up speaking French. ;)

Gumball
October 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
justgreen your hair looks awesome! Rhonda must have made your day. She did a spiffy job, too! Your hair gets two thumbs way up!

Robbi Dehlinger
October 29th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Soo pretty and I LOVE how your hair looks after the braid is taken out:)

chelles2kids
October 30th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Very, very cute!:agree:
I agree, I really like the darker streak underneath!

justgreen
October 30th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone! That dark panel is my true haircolor, underneath. Alas on top, it's a reddish auburn and not as nice as the darker color.

ole gray mare
October 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Very pretty. Your braid is so thick! I love the Cyk suggestion...yeah, he can do it! :)

sahiba
October 30th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Love your braid . A neat job.

paper
October 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Very pretty. I like the 2nd look.

JessTheMess
October 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Oooh it is so neat and pretty!!! I wish that I could braid hair like that.